1.56 & Si

O

old.chesnor

So SI will come on 21st February 2003. US was patched to 1.56 today (or yesterday). 1.56 is the SI patch.

This basically means that come 21st Feb, we will be 2.5 months behind the US patching. Back to square one :(

Just when it appears we are closing the gap, it opens, as wide as it has ever been.

I predict a significant loss of EU players between now and next February. This is bad.

O

old.Aralik

How come there is only like 2500 people allowed on Camlann don't GOA or Mystic realise that more people than this will want to log on when PvP starts. It really sucks because by the time I get on there will be like purples ganking me and shit. This sucks

Simply cut and paste the above text into BW forums, for quick and easy whining!

O

old.chesnor

<realises he's a dumbass for posting a whine so close after posting the whine-o-matic(tm)>

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.chesnor
<realises he's a dumbass for posting a whine so close after posting the whine-o-matic(tm)>

You just realised?

W

Whoodoo_RD

Ches, thats 21st for euro m8, not us brits, we get the 23rd.

/me migrates to US

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Ches, thats 21st for euro m8, not us brits, we get the 23rd.

/me migrates to US

duh, lern tu reed!

19th in Europe (Games come out on Wednesdays there...)
21st in UK (Games come out on Fridays here... why? they just do! who knows why)

P

PJS

Well if it wasnt for the guild Im in and the hassle I would now be playing transatlantically.

S

Sibanac

They can patch 1.56 before the launch of SI tho.

We could be at 1.58 by the time SI is released here

Yes we are behind the US, but you should have know that before you started playing the game in the first place

P.s : the grass is always... i have some friends playing in the us and they wish they could play on EU servers cause time diff is a bitch and, US is nothing but zerg ....

D

deffy

Games come out in the UK on friday becuase thats the day most people get paid, the real question is why on a wednesday in Europe? :)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by deffy
Games come out in the UK on friday becuase thats the day most people get paid, the real question is why on a wednesday in Europe? :)

dunno about other countrys but in belgium wensday is only a half school day

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Fingoniel

duh, lern tu reed!

19th in Europe (Games come out on Wednesdays there...)
21st in UK (Games come out on Fridays here... why? they just do! who knows why)

:insert single finger gesture here::flame:

G

Gabrial

<dons flame proof suit>

Im not 100% sure what the problem is. I mean, I realise we are behind in releases and thats bad. Same way as its bad we are behind DVD releases, cinema releases etc.

However, isnt it a case of "We wont miss what we never had" ?

O

old.chesnor

The point is that games like daoc only maintain players with new content. Mythic release new content regularly, so the players that do get bored are motivated to stay. SI and the new classes/content is a massive amount of content, and the US players have it now.

Meanwhile, the EU game has a PvP server (with limited and short term appeal for the majority) and then a 2.5 month gap until 1.56. The gap is a problem for an already ailing game (especially on the EN servers), where customer retention is already an issue (see threads elsewhere about lack of new blood on Prydwen and Excalibur).

I am trying not to whine, but the decision to release SI a full 2months+ after the US game seems daft to me. Alot of people who were already uneasy about the laborious patching process may find the temptation not to go to the US game too strong.

And saying "we won't miss what we never had?" is fine when you are still on the exp merry-go-round. But for players who have lvl50 characters and are already jaded by the EU game may have a different view.

P

PJS

Originally posted by Gabrial
However, isnt it a case of "We wont miss what we never had" ?

No you only dont miss what you didnt know you could have had. :)

G

Gabrial

OK - but was DAOC released earlier in the states than over here? Anyone know what the release date over there was compared to ours?

Maybe the players in the states shared exactly the same problems/queries/compaints/ideas that we all do on the euro servers 2 months ago. The only difference being that they didnt have a clue what was to come because there were no servers ahead of them.

What would happen if they stopped development on the US side and diverted the resources to the euro development so we caught up - would that be better all round?

/edit sorry just though - is there something in particular the yanks have lvl 50 chars want? I dont keep upto date on the news of upcoming patches - take each day as it comes instead:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom