1.55 hits usa tomorrow live

Y

-yoda-

Tomorrow, We Patch
from Sanya Thomas
2002-11-24 13:19:06

I just got the official word - at 8:00 AM EST tomorrow, November 25, we will be taking down all the servers to take 1.55 live. Because tomorrow's patch will include the new character manager (remember, the first step to bringing you eight character slots!), the estimated downtime is longer than usual. We're shooting for two and a half hours, and we'll let you know if that changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bah Goa ffs . mythic can write a whole patch code it test it and plan it ... and you cant even sort out small buggs that are on a pvp server that mythic sent you . the time you've sepnt fixing so called bugs.. mythic have created a whole new ptach tested and going live with it . im sure i speak for a lot of folks when i ask you to pull your finger outta ya ass and speed up stuff on Eu cant you see your losing customers all the time . you cant even get the news on time FFS ! newb company! i bet u guys get your experience in the Gaming franchise version of mirtha :)

S

SFXman

Arr, I wouldn't mind a faster patching pace for us europeans, otherwise getting SI will be farther and farther in the future... I for one wouldn't mind getting SI's "less-lag-in-large-battles"...
include the new character manager (remember, the first step to bringing you eight character slots!)
:( *sniff sniff*

O

old.Mirandalia

I'm not sure when I say this, but isn't our pvp server in princip working on the same basis as the us, as in, if they put a new patch on us server we should be able to use that same patch on ours?
I know this ain't working for normal servers since they have to translate and all, but no translation is needed for pvp...

So with that in mind, we should be getting the patch on pvp server max 1 week after the us patch theirs...

That's just my opinion :)

S

SFXman

Of course you need translation? I mean the client in german and french servers is used for PvP as well and that is most likely in another language (french and german :p)... so afaik you do need to translate for the PvP server as well.
Anyway, even if you didn't need to do so you can't keep one server patched ahead of others... maybe a test server but not the real PvP server.

O

old.neenee

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.neenee
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
o_O

Yeah I suppose making these threads is pointless... but they always have a point. I think slow or slowish patching is a problem for us when it comes to getting SI...

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by -nicolas-
Goa are lazy
As I've said before, Goa don't exactly get a huge amount of support from Mythic. I'd guess that each new patch involves a lot of "wtf does this do?" work.

I realise it's a moronic and childish reply but: if it bothers you that much, fk off to the US servers. :)

T

tris-

Originally posted by -yoda-

Bah Goa ffs . mythic can write a whole patch code it test it and plan it ... and you cant even sort out small buggs that are on a pvp server that mythic sent you .

now you put it like that i actually agree GOA is a bag of shit :/

O

old.Atrox

you really think Mythic started on the patch after they put 1.54 live ??
I think they are working on 1.60 atm, the patches they release in the current rate are just small bits of the whole project they are working on.

ppl whine about patches being slow, ppl whine about patches destroying their chars.... what ever they do ppl whine.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.Atrox
ppl whine about patches being slow, ppl whine about patches destroying their chars.... what ever they do ppl whine.
Always something to whine about, seems to be a pre-requisite to a thriving community in MMORPG's.

O

old.Kerosene

Dunno if this has been asked before, but just what language will the PvP server(s) be in?

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by -yoda-

Bah Goa ffs . mythic can write a whole patch code it test it and plan it ... and you cant even sort out small buggs that are on a pvp server that mythic sent you . the time you've sepnt fixing so called bugs.. mythic have created a whole new ptach tested and going live with it . im sure i speak for a lot of folks when i ask you to pull your finger outta ya ass and speed up stuff on Eu cant you see your losing customers all the time . you cant even get the news on time FFS ! newb company! i bet u guys get your experience in the Gaming franchise version of mirtha :)

why do I bother..

anyway, Mythic is working with own code, with which they had a LOT of experience. the same can't be said from GOA, as it's not even running a year here.

+GOA relies on support from Mythic as well (as they stated numerous times) and I doubt Mythic has europe as any kind of serious priority

Y

-yoda-

ages ago i was having problems with ym account and COULDNT contact goa at all was so bad i ended up emailing MYTHIC from cam herald to help therereply was summin like this..

Mythic and Goa are not tied to each other Mythic rent or might of been sell ,. the game code for Goa to manage . hence sorry we cant help ,

yes i agree mythic may not give a rats ass about the Eu comunnity .
But thats because its Goa's job to sort out Eu daoc . and in the short history they have not done a v good job . i aint saying mythic are great . but they do things a hella lot better than goa and keep there CUSTOMERS upto date all the time on time constantly ... Goa are a able to do the same as mythic otherwise im sure wanadoo wouldnt of got the franchise . but imo they are lazy or incapable of such a large job . they cant get the friday news on time ffs :) ... they done a shitty job promoting daoc to uk . and are always lagging behind there deadlines ,

and atrox i dont think people moan about patches being just slow. its the lack of news n stuff we get from gao . can u not remember the times when we didnt get fuck all news . and was all left guessing when and whats gonna happen next . yes gao have gottten better since the v begining .but imonot yet good enough .

@the guy who said if not like go play usa . read sig you'll see i do play usa . but i have a lot of friends on eu and dont wanna lose contact with em :) hence will stay playing Eu as main servers .

S

Sharma

:( GOA said a while back "We have a new inetrnational client and the gap between the USA servers and ours will be closed!"

PFFFFFT

B

Bodzilla

1.55 has fuck all in it tho, dunno why they made it live already.
a nice quote from irc :

<Cf> they're up to 1.55G now :/
<Cf> The patches are getting stupidly short :/
<fatgit> patch 1.55I - corrects an error in 1.55h which should have said 1.55H

O

old.Atrox

Yoda I remember those time, and I hate that the patches came as quick as they did, hunters were much more fun b4 :D

anyway, I rather see that the pathes are a little late, rather then getting bugs like the Caster AF bug in 1.52

1234Taz

1.55 has fuck all in it tho, dunno why they made it live already.

Wrong 1.55 has on of the most important thing in it. The new char thing so you can have 8 char slots when SI comes out in US ;). Also luri heros !!!!1 :clap: :clap:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Worried about late patches?

Rather worry about the lack of new players.:rolleyes:

O

old.tRoG

the worst thing is that whiners have to make things sound 10 times worse than they are :rolleyes:

P

PJS

WOOHOO 3 patches behind again, I was getting worried there for a while :clap:

J

Jiggs

JUST GIVE ME 1.54 BEFORE CHRISTMAS OR THE KITTEN DIES!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!

B

Bodzilla

Originally posted by 1234Taz

Wrong 1.55 has on of the most important thing in it. The new char thing so you can have 8 char slots when SI comes out in US ;).

That isn't in yet, they're still working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom