1.54 next week (possibly)

P

Pouget

Whee-ee!

Quote from GOA pages:

Tomorrow (that's today :)), Lothian will be opened in french with the character database from Brocéliande.
Friday evening, Lothian will go german with the character database from Avalon.
Monday, Lothian will go english with a character database from Excalibur.

If those last tests don't uncover any major problems, we should be able to patch all servers to 1.54 next week.

1.53 rel notes: http://www.camelotherald.com/more/501.php
1.54 rel notes:
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/580.php

Looking forward to the patch and having end regen on my pally :clap: And the colored names and 10 slot quickbars are quite nice as well.

F

Flimgoblin

not forgetting autostack, splitting stacks, oh and those minor spellcraft and alchemy wotsits.

a new dungeon in each frontier..

little bit of stuff coming our way :)

G

Glema

I like this bit:

Before you report anything, we want to tell some of the known bugs present in the current 1.54 test version :

Rezzing characters gives you realm points.
Some sentences in your system window are displayed in english.
Some new NPCs don't have their translated texts integrated yet.
The new Help pages are not present.
The interface windows for self-craft are not translated.
The unique items created by the new Random Object Generator still have some names in english.

I guess it must all be in Americanese still :-/

S

Sigurd

Originally posted by Glema
Before you report anything, we want to tell some of the known bugs present in the current 1.54 test version :

My God, that might actually make healing classes fun to play in RvR, it must be a bug! (From the GOA school of thinking :rolleyes: )

V

Vell

Originally posted by Glema

Isn't this as intended? I'm sure mythic said they were going to put this in. Can anyone enlighten me?

G

Garaen

RP's for ressing and healing people will be implemented in a future patch, now 1.53/1.54 so it is a "bug" at this moment in time.

V

Vell

Oh ok. Sorry, I'm lazy and can't be bothered to check Camelot Herald. What patch is it put in?

A

Aeternus

maybe the rezzing peopll for rps is a bug in the sense that rezzing ANY player will give rps, instead of only rps for people who have died in rvr. Eitherway i think the rp for rvr rezzes are in a later patch... weird still.

A

Archeon

RP for ressing isn't my favourite part of this patch, its the fact that all res's are now 4sec cast times. that means those bastard shamans with their nasty little girl res's will never undercut me again! :D

F

Flimgoblin

either 1.55 or 1.56 is the RPs for ress

either way we get it with SI :)

(but not next week)

G

Generic Poster

These new dungeons are classed as RvR, yes?

Does it work like Darkness Falls, in that you can enter the Alb side, take a walk and end up on the Hib/Mid side.

Or can you go to Breifine, enter the hib dungeon and gank all the lowbies at the entrance?

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Generic Poster
These new dungeons are classed as RvR, yes?

Does it work like Darkness Falls, in that you can enter the Alb side, take a walk and end up on the Hib/Mid side.

Or can you go to Breifine, enter the hib dungeon and gank all the lowbies at the entrance?

its an open access RvR dungeon you can enter from your own side and travel through and get into Hadrians/Odin`s etc. bare in mind that in this patch they also add`d a 30s immunity timer when Zone`n.. you cant be attacked and you cant attack anyone "I think".

V

VidX

Yip, the new dungeons are really actually 1 dungeon, but with 4 different zones.

For example, you can enter Marfach, the Hib entrance to the dungeon, in Breifine. Once in Marfach, you can fight your way round the dungeon like any normal dungeon. However, there are 2 ways out of Marfach: the Entrance you came in, leaving you in Breifine again; or the other exit, at the bottom of Marfach, leaves you at the Hib portal in the Summoners Hall.

From there, you can fight the Grand Summoner, or make your way to the Portal to the Halls of Corruption (Albion, exit from there to Pennines) or to Dodens Gruva (Midgard, exit from there to Jamtland).

Each of the 3 outer dungeon zones (Marfach, Halls of Corruption and Dodens Gruva) have their own bosses and, as far as I have been able to tell, factions.

The Grand Summoner, in the centre of the Summoners Hall, apparently drops a nice item which, to recreate using SC, would cost about 60 imbue points (Grand Summoners Silken Mantle).

Of course, since the entrances to these dungeons are in the frontier, you can find that it is possible to enter them from anywhere, and they are full RvR dungeons (nasty, wouldn't recommend RvR in there, 2 full groups wiped out from mobs well before reaching the Grand Summoner, all lvl 50 and GM's included), so you can, like in DF, encounter other realms in there.

The zoning immunity was put in to stop people camping the entrances of the dungeons while others zoned in.

Well, hopefully it will free DF up a bit, but will more than likely cause more grief play by nasty assassins camping the entrances where, unlike DF, there are no lvl 99 realm guards to protect the lowbies.

The mobs near the entrances of the 3 outer zones are green/blue con to 50, so about lvl 38+. However, most of the mobs I have found seem to be capable of insta-casting leprosy on you, a 40 minute disease. Nasty. So any solo assassins will either have to risk getting past 3 zones of agro mobs to camp another entrance, or enter on the side they wish to camp. And be seen zoning in. And ganked :clap:

Well, hopefully that helps a wee bit. See you in there when the patch arrives, I'll be camping the dead trees in the Marfach Caverns :)

C

CrimsonHaze

Are we getting definately gettin 1.53 & 1.54 together then? It's not too clear.

I

inqy

we are getting 1.54 which includes all updates from 1.53 afaik.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by inqy
we are getting 1.54 which includes all updates from 1.53 afaik.

yup
that's the usual procedure...

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by CrimsonHaze
Are we getting definately gettin 1.53 & 1.54 together then? It's not too clear.

Nah we get 1.54 next week... then 1.53 the following week.

Sorry, couldnt resist that :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom