1.53I - looks like no more Pygmys

F

Flimgoblin

or at least not so easily...

We're ready for I - getting ready to go live!

====================================

Dark Age of Camelot

version 1.53I Test Release Notes

Tuesday, September 24, 2002

====================================

One final set of fixes before 1.53 goes live tomorrow morning.

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Charged items with PBAE spells now work correctly - previously they required that the caster be self-targeted.

- The Charge Combat Ability now works again. This fixes a Pendragon-only bug.

- Grouped Follower guards should now move around correctly.

- The new (and so far Pendragon only) Paladin resistence buff chants, Elemental Ward, Elemental Shield, Soul Ward, and Soul Shield were incorrectly being added above the cap. These chants are intended to stack with single-element resistance buffs of other classes, but not bring total resistance above the level cap. They have been changed so that they will not exceed this level cap.

- We have temporarily turned off Spellcrafting/Alchemy on Pendragon. They will be re- enabled tomorrow.

WORLD NOTES

Tir Na Nog - the Chamber of Nature has been adjusted in size.

Albion Monsters: The pygmy goblins have been given additional intelligence and abilities, and adjusted in strength.

D

danskmacabre

Well, maybe they'll be worth more XP as well.

I

ivan_tribbiani

Albion Monsters: They have been given additional intelligence and abilities, and adjusted in strength.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn i wish they adjusted my gimp in this way too :)

F

Flimgoblin

hey mentalists are pretty solid...

mentalism line sucks... but the other two are nice :)

bit like cabalists - totally underrated :)

F

Flimgoblin

amusing quote from the VN boards

Its not a pygmy nerf - its a pygmy buff

And about time too. Poor old pygmys have had a raw deal - slow melee and low Hp.

Pygmy_25 tells the group: 'rooted again'
Pygmy_18 tells the group: 'damnit there are about 8 of them, I think I hit BT'
Pygmy_97 tells the group: 'hang on here comes our zerg. Woot, we wiped them'

Also details:

Pygmys have been upped in hp - about 1200 hp I think (instead of 700), so they're a bit less on the overly easy... (always wondered why pygmys died so easily despite being silly-purple)

i.e. their HP are around what normal level 42-46 monsters have...

Pygmy tanglers have shout spells.

edit: woot - might get a group outside pygmyville now! :)

T

Trish

Yay, bards get some loving:

I always got lost there..

O

old.Arctic

Originally posted by Trish
Yay, bards get some loving:

I always got lost there..

i think they have enlarged it...;) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

aahh :m00:

A

Apathy

Pygmies will make great pets then. :D

Incidentally...everyone seems to whinge as if pygmies are the ONLY thing you can kill in Lyonesse to get experience. ~rolls eyes~

If you get a decent group of six people, you can practically kill greater telamons one after the other. Around 15mil on average. Whoever is getting 200mil exp per pull at goblins probably can't read. Mind you, I'm only lvl 43.

Couple of days ago, me and the rest of my tangler group decided to go for a nice walk around Lyonesse because the beach, trees and aqueduct were so insanely overcamped. What fun!

Just get a tiny little group and go do farmers.

a.

S

slapmesilly..

No more soloing tangler pulls for Matter Cabbies :p

I tell you, it's a stealth nerf for cabbies :D:D

F

fatgit

Matter cabalists can still solo em, its just a bit harder

Currently, we cant solo em as well as US players, as 1.51 significantly improved the AoE DoT, so we have to use a different technique - this same technique will be needed for tanglers post 1.53 with a slight modification :)

Personally, I prefer to get more than one person with me on tanglers anyway - a cleric/friar/wiz and me can clean em out pretty fast as a 2man group :)

the hardest hit is to the 40-45's, seeing as goblin autos are gone, and 1.53 sees tanglers disappear for em pretty much :/

S

Sharma

hummmm, i dont know y some cabs claim 2 be nerfed to the max, they own at higher lvls i watched a lvl 46 cab camp the aqueduct solo and waas doing fine, with one or two deaths :p

Users who are viewing this thread