1.52 Lag

R

Rumble

Is it just me or has it got increasingly laggy since the servers were patched with 1.52?

- Portal Keeps throw me into a wobbly making movement increasingly harder the more people are around. Even as Castle Sauvage comes into view the FPS starts going wobbly. The only time to move around lag free is when its 4am GMT and most people are asleep.

- AMG/HMG/MMG lag is abundant and its quite frequent to be sniped by an archer/caster when not even in view.

- Keep attacks are getting laggier and laggier as more people arrive and the lag casting through the doors happens more times than a GTAoE caster could ever dream of.

- Relic raids are a nonsense with red LOSS and red FPS. Its at the stage now where im just spinning through 180 degrees barely able to move or moonwalking up the hill. When the Relic defenders attack I am normally dead before they even appear on my screen.

Compare this to 1.50 when we faced a Relic keep full of Hibs, I could move around freely, incomings could be spotted and engaged, when doors were open it was possible to climb the stairs even when there were still Hibs defending in the tower.

The 1.52 lag is a joke. The huge lag RvR regulars are facing are making this game unplayable. The numbers attacking and defending are about the same but the lag has worsened. Just to reiterate this is a 1.52 problem and my system coped perfectly fine with 1.50.

Is this a server issue? Is it a patch issue? Is this Prydwen related or are the other servers experiencing the same effect?

If Kemor reads this I wouldn't mind some sort of official GOA reply about this.

M

Melodic

nope no problems here, except for the occasional glitch when surrounded by 100+ people...ie i am dead before i realise i am being hit

L

lakih

Im haveing the same troubble as you have Rumble... i first saw the effetcts off increased lag in 1.48+... it got worse in 1.50 an now its... tough... really tough...
Clicking on a styleicon on your quickbar and see your char take 2 nonstyle swings before your style takes place is sometimes frustrating (especially with a reactionary style)....

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

F

Fafnir

Yup, i have it too. And sometimes my connection is closed due to error. And seen in thid a lot more zone crashes than before.

D

Dagalush

Same as always, no big difference. Maybe tougher on low end machines now, but don't know really.

S

SFXman

1ghz Tbird, 256mb ram, 64mb GF2, WinXP here... well... yesterday with 100+ people my screen was quite laggy... but I was still able to move around and all so that's ok afaik. Bring us SI pleeeassssssseeeeeeee..........

N

Nattrún

I've got an AMD Athlon XP2100+ processor, 512MB of RAM, a 128MB Geforce4 Ti4200 video card, Win2000, and a T3-equivalent internet connection.

And I lag like buggeration.

I'd say it's probably the patch.

--
Náttrún Bergsveinsdóttir, Skald of 39 seasons, Excalibur

D

Danya

I've had some odd location specific lag. For instance when playing hib if I go near druim cain, regardless of how many people, it's slideshow time. Yet I can wander around TNN and all is fine... :p

E

exc_hib_boo

Having loads of lag spikes, usually I try to cast a spell and nothing happens for 5 seconds then the lagometer turns red and I start casting. Very annoying and it has killed me a lot of times.

Been having way more LD's since the patch as well, usually I had one per month now its one per day.

S

SFXman

I have no problems with actual lag... or ping... or packet loss... or anything bandwidth related. Just that sometimes even in places with low population I might the odd time get strange choppiness. Thing is that it varies, this has come around since 1.52...

F

Flimgoblin

not noticed any huge increase in FPS lag...

it's always laggin in Sauvage...

D

Danya

Noticed a lot more connection lag on excalibur, prydwen runs smooth though...

A

angara-ffs

Originally posted by exc_hib_boo
Having loads of lag spikes, usually I try to cast a spell and nothing happens for 5 seconds then the lagometer turns red and I start casting. Very annoying and it has killed me a lot of times.

Been having way more LD's since the patch as well, usually I had one per month now its one per day.

Well, i dont go LD, but i have the same lagspikes....pres healbut...nothing happens...2 sec later i start healing :/

It sucks! :rolleyes:

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Danyan
Noticed a lot more connection lag on excalibur, prydwen runs smooth though...

For me its the opposite, lag on prydwen and well not really smooth but alot less lag on excal.

A

angara-ffs

Anyways....get rid of it.
Its a pain in the ass to heal nowadays :(

W

wildpt

Since 1.52 i also start to have lag spikes and LD's. :(

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Likewise...just got booted from the server so I am here to bitch about it. :/

I

inqy

I also have to agree, my fps lag has become unbearable in highly populated areas. It was noticably worse in 1.50 than 1.48 and even worse now in 1.52

Every time I come into range of anyone, I freeze (usually for 2-3secs). If you can imagine this for every person. So a visit to Gna Faste at a busy preiod is a complete slideshow with people coming and going. On a recent rr, I attended. I had to stare at the ground, fully zoomed in to be able to heal at all.

My machine spec: AMD Athy 1700+, 512MB DDR 2100, GeForce Ti4600. I have tried running in all the resolutions available and the FPS lag is exactly the same! In other games I am able to run in decent resolutions, with FSAA on and full effects at a very nice rate.

Is this Mythic's way of making me upgrade to SI? :(

I

inqy

I have posted a rightnow entry for this issue. I have included a link to this thread as clearly this is a rather widespread problem.

G

Garris-

Aye, lag seemed a little worse since 1.52 - but right now I'm not playing (and havent been for 2 hours) because of unplayable lag. Tracert shows the problems as entirely france-side (I'm in the UK) and so this might not be 1.52, but GOA.. or a combination?

Either way, I hope this whole system works itself out.

J

Jeron

Having the same problems here...

...havent been able to play for the past 3 hours or so :(

E

Euthanasia.

the middle square thing on the bar is constantly red..and i lag like a bitch

I

inqy

hmmm I was on about FPS lag or (as GOA say in their FAQ) slow down. The 3rd box of the three in the performance bar.

R

Rumble

Well it seems im not the only one to experience problems as several other threads testify. Looking at the threads popping up all with a vaguely similar undertone.

Logging in? Yes i think i'll take a coke to that

Lagg? LDs?

Let Me In!!

Major routing problems

same lag again after patch

Lag, LD's all round and LOSS/FPS through the roof. There have been several other people mentioning the lag issue with 1.52 and there still hasn't been any response from GOA. Is it the servers? Is it our connection? Is it the outdated graphics engine? Why was 1.50 stable before patching and now with 1.52 we are complaining?

Even a 'we are looking into it' would suffice :(

X

Xandax

Have had significant more lag-spikes, fps lag and LDs since the introduction to 1.52.

I am often running with yellow latency wich I've not done much ealier - entering populated areas my fps pops to yellow or red, and RvR can be very red latency and fps.

Somethings is different all of the sudden - and 1.52 is most obivious suspect.

M

Meatballs

If you happened to go out and buy a SI pack, install it, then patch to the EU version, would it be compatible? and would we be "allowed" to use it by GOA? It'd be lovely to have some lag free playability :)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom