1.49, 1.50?

E

Eleasias

Now like we all know 1.48 isnt excactly that big, and all the great stuff is in 1.49 and 1.50, so when are we gonna get these? People will probably say what I'm whining about, we got patched today but the patch didnt add ANYTHING to me, same old stuff and the things that most people want to see are Darkness Falls, Epic Armors and Realm Abilities, and these are major additions to the game unlike the patches between 1.45 an 1.48. The game is roughly the same for me as it has been for the last few months and if the patching will take as long as it did now I cant see myself waiting for several months after I get to see SOMETHING interesting again :/

L

listepik

well, some world changes are in fact included.

Dont forget battle grounds

in Alb, the dungeons are now itemized (the rest of em) not sure how hib looks tho

Keep claiming

i could prolly list a few more, if it wasnt for my memory of a frog

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

stop complaining all you ever do is run around emain ganking grays anyway :p

E

Elric IA

I think Eleasias may have outgrown the battlegrounds a long time ago!

K

Khalen

Originally posted by listepik
well, some world changes are in fact included.

1.Dont forget battle grounds

2.in Alb, the dungeons are now itemized (the rest of em) not sure how hib looks tho

3.Keep claiming

i could prolly list a few more, if it wasnt for my memory of a frog

1. For 20-24, 25-29 and 30-35 <- Ain't really something for a lvl 50 ;)

2. Catacombs/Tepok MidClass as well (25-35)

3. Keeps exchange so much it ain't really worth it if you would have to defend it with a small team..

F

Fafnir

:)

I've been told that more of mid have been itemized. So i go to varulv and start to farm for item, just hope its true. Ohhh will get cash otherwise....

O

old.Azrak

Well its a small thing, but don't forget that a lot of the loot is stackable now :clap:

O

old.Revz

The 1.48 patch has a lot of nice features (and fixes for niggling problems) but it would be nice to see a bit of work on the 1.49 patch that adds content for level 50 people. The battlegrounds are very good I'm sure for people able to use them but they are a bit useless for me. I don't want to create an alt as it is bad enough trying to keep most of our guild focussing on their main characters let alone me starting to drift as well. Besides which I'm happy with my cleric so don't see a need to change :)

The guild claiming keeps is a nice touch, as are the new buffs, stat fixes and several other things. We are still left with the same old content though and despite all the fancy things promised by the patches (Afanc, Uragaig etc. being harder or doing strange things) there isn't a lot I can see. Darkness Falls and epic armours would keep us busy for quite a while and since it is merely 1 patch further on I would like to see it in as soon as possible.

Maybe concentrate on just going from 1.48 to 1.49? That would have the biggest impact for people rather than trying for 1.50 as well.

O

old.Tzeentch

New info on the EU DAoC homepage... well not really new, just saying that they are already 'well under way' on the patch to 1.49.

O

old.Revz

Do I take it from that they are working on 1.49 only? If so that is very good news, now I just hope it won't take as long as the first one :mad: Some news on what is happening with the herald would be nice as well, I'm itching to put some of it on our website now.

S

SFXman

Kemor said in IRC yesterday that 1.49 will likely be next month, or that is what he thinks it will be :)

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
'well under way' on the patch to 1.49.

So they have turned the computer on and put the disk with the code into the drive then? ;)

O

old.Tzeentch

No I think that means they already have done som of the translations, such as the translation into english. :D

F

Fafnir

Hmm...

I think it was SFXman that posted that Kemor said next patch was 3 weeks away. But not sure if it was even here i read it.. :)

S

SFXman

Translation into english in THIS case is nothing... only one patch, 1.49 and I really REALLY doubt that they change the words from american english into "english english" because that really doens't make shit difference :)
Only thing that might be in the changing to the eu english patch might be some features not available in EU perhaps, or something... but if it was for example 1.49+1.50, well then translation would be needed for the english version aswell.
Most likely they have started on one of the two other languages... oh well, I for one am enjoying this 1.48 IMMENSLY and don't mind the wait :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Wij
Loot is stackable now ???

\/\/007 if that's true :)
Not quite all of it... I had some weird gold pouch things from the catacombs and they wouldn't stack however gems and some legs/carpaces/body parts will stack.

O

old.Tzeentch

SFXMan, should I have added I was being sarcastic? :)

W

Wij

Originally posted by SFXman

Not quite all of it... I had some weird gold pouch things from the catacombs and they wouldn't stack however gems and some legs/carpaces/body parts will stack.

Does it do it automatically or do u have to pick the bits up and stack like with like by hand ?

O

old.Lianuchta

On IRC yesterday Kemor said that the French translation of 1.49 was finished and that they were well on their on their way with the German version. Then a couple of weeks of testing, so by the end of July.

T

Tesla Monkor

Some loot is stackable. And only the SAME LOOT is stackable. Got three gems in Varul last night that stacked very nicely.

The Middie frontier is still un-itemized, though.

O

old.Azrak

Originally posted by Wij

Does it do it automatically or do u have to pick the bits up and stack like with like by hand ?

You have to stack it manually. As others have said only certain item will stack.

I was hunting Gales in Cliff of Moher last night and they mainly drop gems (which stack) so this little feature is a god send :)

A

Ardwan

Aye, that seemed to slip over his head a bit ;)

S

Solid

lol @ 8 posts about loot stacking, if this is the most interesting thing we can discuss regarding the current patch :D
EU English versions are NOT changed to british English from US english, tihs has been confirmed by many peeps thru what they see in npc and quest text.

1.49 in 3-4 weeks sounds excellent, and I can only assume the more they patch they quicker they patch thereafter so good Job kemor and the gang, lets hope we have realm abilities and epic armours by mid august :D

L

Lydek

1.49 in 3-4 weeks sounds excellent

/me checks out the patching dates for the 1.48 and 1.49 in US on herald.

Hmm exactly 3 weeks apart. Any longer than that to translate (even twice) is still a pretty piss poor job. Oh well, all things are relative I suppose ;)

W

Wij

Originally posted by Solid
lol @ 8 posts about loot stacking, if this is the most interesting thing we can discuss regarding the current patch :D

Hey - I've been wishing for it for yonks :)

O

old.tRoG

From the Patch Notes
- We've reduced the level based to-hit penalties in RvR combat for lower level players attacking higher level players. Thus, lower level RvR players (35-40) will be able to hit higher level players (45-50) more often but for less damage. Please note that a side effect of this change is that high level players will no longer get "bonus" damage against players 2 quantas or more below them (low green and grays) - which means you character will do less damage against low green and gray enemy players. The purpose of this change is to make players of wider level ranges viable in RvR.

finally :)

so this is why i took my mid 20s char to emain yesterday, got hit once and didnt die. it was strange. i was happy. my guild was amused at my happiness.:).

From the Patch Notes
- Players should now get their 50th level abilities and spells when they raise to 50th level. Really. We promise this time. Unlike the previous two times when we said we'd fixed this but really hadn't; now, we have. Also, chars who have already attained 50th level will be converted to have their 50th level abilities.

hehe.

From the Patch Notes
- There is now a timer on how often you can /say and /yell, twice per second for /say and once per second for /yell. You should only notice this if you are using a macro

no more spam from those healers saying

Healer Under Attack!
Healer Under Attack!
Healer Under Attack!
Healer Under Attack!
Healer Under Attack!
Healer Under Attack!

:).

i]From the Patch Notes[/i]
- You can no longer fire arrows or cast spells through the terrain - such as "underneath" through a hill into a keep.

yet again, w00t! :)

and you say there werent proper changes in the new patch? :)

(that wasnt sarcasm btw.. but this is)

AND WE GET TO STACK LOOT! YAAAAAAY!

R

Roo Stercogburn

WOOHOO!

Hagbui ROOOOCCCKKKK!

Reuters Reuters Reuters... Midgard, Vanern

Hagbui are sooooo much fun now.

The Hagbui Thanes buff and do stormcalling and the Hagbui Runies actually do proper runie stuff now. Drops agogo and good xp. Its agrotastic and incidental mayhem the whole time. The devs have done a good job on this area. It was always nice but now its so much better.

Agro range on a Hagbui RuneMaster is enormous and they know who in the group to pick off first ;) I haven't had so much fun xp/drop hunting in ages.

Gratz :clap: :clap: :clap:

S

SFXman

My posts had nothing to do with yours? I actually just noticed them now... none of the earlier posts were meant at anyone actually.

no more spam from those healers saying
Well yes.. it just comes at every 1 sec which I still consider spam :D

- You can no longer fire arrows or cast spells through the terrain - such as "underneath" through a hill into a keep.
Too bad keep guards/archers/mages still do it... yes... yes they do. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom