Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.filerush.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10642#10642&sid=fb7663a05896a2a91a52df77722ae9bc

Comming soon.

• Server and Client performance improvements.
• Improved Server Browser – added Favorites and History Lists.
• Point-farming prevention - game will stop Support/Medic/Engineer point farming exploits.
• Squads - locked squad leader will get a message if someone wants to join.
• Many HUD improvements - see the names of others in your vehicle, zoom level changing depending on vehicle, map zoom depending on map setup (16, 32 or 64 player map) etc.
• Teamkilling changes – the logic of how teamkills are tracked will be changed.
• Gameplay tweaks - the way transport helicopters work will be tweaked.
• Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points.

I hope they dont mess up the black hawk!

fatgit

Loyal Freddie
the big question is :

Will the anti-farming measures mean they allow passworded ranked servers again :eek:

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Password servers

The BF2Nation.co.uk website has only just purchased a ranked server, but from my understanding you can password all ranked servers, although stats will not be recorded when you initiate the password. Don't quote me on that as we're figuring out the server issue ourselves.

Poag

m00?
Correct...ranked servers cannot be passworded...as soon as you try one of two thigns happen

1- The ranked status is removed
2- The server does not password

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sockstuff said:
• Additional scoring changes - players who destroy an enemy commander's assets will be given points.

:clap: I'd be about a thousand points higher if they'd had that from the start.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Sockstuff said:
I hope they dont mess up the black hawk!
If you mean "don't stop it capping" or "don't tune down the miniguns" I'll bop you. Ok, I could probably live with either staying as is, so long as the MEC and PLA transport helicopters get an upgrade to match.

Personally i'm against letting air vehicles cap, and think either the BH needs tuning down some (maybe increase the rate at which the MGs overheat and have them with finite ammo), or the MEC and PLA transport choppers tuning up to match.

Currently the BH unbalances things too much, especially on maps like 32 player Mashtuur City.

As for the patch... well, the current descriptions are VERY vague, so I'd be worried they'll screw things up more than they fix them.

-Ath

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Athan said:
If you mean "don't stop it capping" or "don't tune down the miniguns" I'll bop you. Ok, I could probably live with either staying as is, so long as the MEC and PLA transport helicopters get an upgrade to match.

Personally i'm against letting air vehicles cap, and think either the BH needs tuning down some (maybe increase the rate at which the MGs overheat and have them with finite ammo), or the MEC and PLA transport choppers tuning up to match.

Currently the BH unbalances things too much, especially on maps like 32 player Mashtuur City.

As for the patch... well, the current descriptions are VERY vague, so I'd be worried they'll screw things up more than they fix them.

-Ath

Agreed. A well-flown Blackhawk can own a map. I don't really mind the guns or even the ability to cap, but in conjunction with the fact that they're harder to bring down than any of the attack choppers, it screws things up, especially on maps with no mobile AA.

Poag

m00?
they don't have any extra armour over the other MEC or Chinese helis..however they do have a smaller side and headon profile and are slightly shorter.

They also have no rear fireing guns and a good anti tanker in the back spot is very good at scaring off nmy choppers :)

The most dificult part of bringing down a black hawk si that if they see you..your dead in about 2 seconds flat. Wheres as with the other choppers the guns so ineffective you can just stand still and they can't hit you.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Embattle said:
All helis need to be weakened.

I can see where this comment is coming from, but it's one of those things where with bad players they need strengthening, with average players they're about right, but with uber players, yes, they're too strong.

So, if you weaken them then the bad and average players suffer due to the uber ones being so good, and those uber ones will STILL be a force to be reckoned with.

Of course it depends what kind of weakening you mean. I'm mostly thinking of their offensive power above. If you meant making them easier to kill I *might* agree (and obviously do about the BH).

The main thing I'd change in 1.03 is 1) no capping from the air, 2) BH miniguns have quicker overheat and finite ammo, and see how it goes from there.

-Ath

Aada

Part of the furniture
Athan said:
I can see where this comment is coming from, but it's one of those things where with bad players they need strengthening, with average players they're about right, but with uber players, yes, they're too strong.

So, if you weaken them then the bad and average players suffer due to the uber ones being so good, and those uber ones will STILL be a force to be reckoned with.

Of course it depends what kind of weakening you mean. I'm mostly thinking of their offensive power above. If you meant making them easier to kill I *might* agree (and obviously do about the BH).

The main thing I'd change in 1.03 is 1) no capping from the air, 2) BH miniguns have quicker overheat and finite ammo, and see how it goes from there.

-Ath

Just remove the ability of the medic/combo black hawk duo its an unstoppable combo the engineer sits in a seat repairing the chopper midflight that is what is so overpowering at the moment...........

the attack choppers are easy to bring down no need to go about nerfing them if you can't fly don't blame others who can.........

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
The reloading time for chaff on some choppers needs to be increased. Other than that I think they are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom