(09/11) We will Remember

O

old.Xarr

/salute

My respects to the victims and the families of those victims that died on the 9/11 due to terrorist acts.

S

SFXman

Ugh, they said the names of all the victims at that memorial thing in NY :sleeping:
Would've hated to have to be the one doing that, talk about a long "speech". BBC World has been showing nothing but speeches and stuff about that day... I have it on in case another attack is made today, after all today would be the day that something like that would happen.

B

Breni

Originally posted by SFXman
Ugh, they said the names of all the victims at that memorial thing in NY :sleeping:
Would've hated to have to be the one doing that, talk about a long "speech". BBC World has been showing nothing but speeches and stuff about that day... I have it on in case another attack is made today, after all today would be the day that something like that would happen.

You're a right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

Anyhow...

/salute

D

Damini

SFX, think before you engage your typing fingers... Oh god, how dull, sooooo many people died I fell asleep listening to all the names...

Tact. Timing. Use.

S

SFXman

Yeh yeh... heh, BBC World had a few interesting info bars at the bottom a short while ago:
"The US are on high alert after a tip-off about further terrorist attacks." AND "Missiles have been loaded onto air defence systems stationed in Washington."
Now Bush has also declared that day as "Patriot Day", what can I say :rolleyes:

Anyway, of course I feel sorry for the people that died but I mean... ah forget it, I won't even begin to quote some posts on other forums that are similar to my opinions because that will only provoke flames.

A

Addlcove

I feel sorry for those left behind, but I also agree with SFXman, get over it, nursing that event will only raise racial hatred across the world.

/salute

K

kr0n

I feel sorry for the people that died, and to those who live in US. Such a gimp country :/

O

old.Flamin

/Salut for the people who died by USA's bombing in Afganistan

S

SFXman

Originally posted by kr0n
I feel sorry for the people that died, and to those who live in US. Such a gimp country :/
Heh, I present to you my cousin :rolleyes:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

*salutes*

SFX, pr0n... I know you guys are just kids trying to act all cool and mature but listen to Ms. Damini..

Yes... people on this planet die every day for various reasons and we cannot grieve for all of them ..
but have some compassion for fucks sake... there was a god damn kindergarden in the WTC that got hit, too.
I read a story about a pregnant woman jumping out of a window after calling her husband... and started crying.
Perhaps you will think different about it, once you have a family to take care off - I hope so.

... the same day I read an article about Japans unit 731 in WWII conducting live vivisections on people and felt just like crying again - other than you pubescent wannabes, I don't make a difference between nationalities.

Just 'because' americans died and America is unpopular at the moment doesn't mean you can't honor the innocent victims of a terrorist attacks. They are people like you and me.

D

Derric

Of course the WTC incident was terrible and it's sad how many ppl died..it's just that we've been fed with this 9/11 thing a bit too much by now...just because it happened in the oh-so-glorious-nation-under-god makes it 1000 times as terrible as if it were to happen anywhere else...

anyways

/salute

S

SFXman

I agree with Derric pretty much. But hey Sickofit, did I ever say that I don't care about this THAT much because americans were the ones who suffered? No.
I just think they have taken it a BIT too far at times... after all this if they get another attack I am afraid they will go totally insane and weee, no more earth for us after some time in war with some country.

F

Fafnir

90 countries lost citizens in the attack, not only the U.S. So it was a attack on all of our countries.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Fafnir
90 countries lost citizens in the attack, not only the U.S. So it was a attack on all of our countries.

Exactly *salutes Fluffnir*

G

Gef

Originally posted by Octanion
noisy

I know lets all from now on just post one word posts in this thread. I mean jeez if I had a penny for every lame excuse for a post on this forum i would have about £58.49p .. anyway here is my word ...

spatula

J

Jexa

Originally posted by Gef

I know lets all from now on just post one word posts in this thread. I mean jeez if I had a penny for every lame excuse for a post on this forum i would have about £58.49p .. anyway here is my word ...

spatula

Please have some respect and not try and turn this into a joke thread.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I agree with Jexa. Thread-hijacking can be funny at times... but not when it might hurt other people's feelings.

-> See innumerable "I got raped by playerxyz" discussions.

Tact. Time. Use.
Try it in real life - incredibly useful when dealing with others.

S

SFXman

Also take into to consideration that today is not 11/9 anymore. I think that respecting the victims every year on that "Patriot Day" from this year on is quite enough. It'll just get worse if we keep reminding ourselves of it daily.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

The point is, SFX, that Brannor created this thread to honor the victims of a large-scale terrorist attack. Just because it's 9/13 today and not 9/11 doesn't mean we can make a jokes thread of out of it.

Imagine one of your family members died [Example].
You create a thread saying: "Sorry, I can't play for awhile, a family member died today."

For the whole day, people tell you just how sorry they are for you... a day later someone posts a link to the funniest jokes on the web page and people go LOL and ROFLMAO in a thread that was not supposed to be a funny thread.

S

SFXman

Sigh, you have a point but then again I would realise that they have nothing to do with any of it, which makes it somewhat understandable.

G

Gef

Jeez lighten up people if you can't have a laugh then there is no point in living anyway. If I died in the WTC I would want people to have a laugh, sod all this crappy singing songs and reading naff poems. Jeez so morbid.

Anyone think 'Comic Releif' was in bad taste? I mean telling jokes and stuff when there are thousands of people in Africa dying .. pfft

O

old.LandShark

anyone crying for the carpet-bomb orphans of Afghanistan?
Oh look, Bush forgot them
/salute the bravery of people who helped on September 11th, for sure; undeniable....

Bush has some very clever people whispering in his ear that playing up 9/11 will make people less opposed to him liberally blowing crap out of Iraq, if you ask me.

Is it worth me asking if they intend to read out all the names every single year? I can only presume not, but surely that contradicts the whole 'we will never forget' spiel?
Tasteful and respectful memorial, in my opinion, would be something similar to the glass towers in Boston - they have the names of German camp deaths during WW2 etched on the glass.
Anyhow, just pissed me off that the deaths of a relatively small number of American civilians gets this huge, tacky (again, imo only) kind of 'celebration' compared to the discreet playing-down of civilian deaths caused by NATO/UN military collateral damage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom