03/03/2006

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Have you seen the shit that is coming out on the 3rd of March!!! Jesus, I'm gonna be poor.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3: Advanced Warfighter - Looks beautiful
Fight Night Round 3 - Played the demo of this and am hooked on the control system. Can't wait to kick some ass on Live
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Hummanu, Hummanu, Hummanu, Hummanu, *drool*
Gears Of War - Looks like a resonable FPS
Dead Rising - Not heard much on this one. Survival Horror?
Prey - I know I've been waiting for this one, just can't remember why ;)
Alan Wake - Looks liek a good horror adventure.
Huxley - A MMOFPS that isn't Planetside. Sounds good to me and it's based on the Unreal engine, so should look pretty to.

8 games at around £39.99 each, total to spend £319.92

Ok, maybe I'll have to spread my purchases out over a couple of months :D

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Expensive month, I doubt all of them will make it though, prey, oblivion and gears of war I can see being pushed back again.
Dead Rising looks cool basically just killing zombies in a mall with chainsaws, baseball bats, guns and anything you can lay your hands on, looks like fun but not sure they have much of a story to go with it.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
the great idea of Dead rising, is that the main objective is you suriving on your wits. knowing when to fight when to run who to rescue and who should you leave behind.

Poag

m00?
Pre-Ordered the Ghosts.....defo sounds like my kind of game.

Squad based tactical shooter? thank you!
Tanks? thank you!

Just hope it picks up more that PDZ...hard too geta co-op game of that going :(

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ghost recon seems far too arcedy, ok gfx but the orignal pc version was damn cool in co-op mode. might get it if you guys will play it on live

gears of war im looking forward to, tho prolly will be an average fps according to some peeps.

FNR3gfx wise its stunning, should be fun on live

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I still have a little voice inside me telling me to buy a 360...

I might pick up one soon, its just finding a place where they have premiums in stock.

Every online retail shop I use is out of stock.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:
I still have a little voice inside me telling me to buy a 360...

I might pick up one soon, its just finding a place where they have premiums in stock.

Every online retail shop I use is out of stock.

Your best bet is Asda i'm still trying to get my GF one (i got one on launch 12hr wait ftw) most shops say they won't be getting them in till march time because they still have huge backlogs.

And even if they do have spare they will put them up for bundles worth over £700 thats what GAME have been doing.

keep trying Asda.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Or dare I say it ebay, I was lucky I paid £330 for mine, but the average price for a premiums is around £350-£400

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I've never been one for fighting games. Although, with the advent of Live I suppose I wouldn't be confined to just playing Single Player games ;)

I got my 360 from Argos a week ago. Just keep checking back on the online store. You couldn't get an in-store pickup but a home delivery was available. I assuming this means that they have or have nearly, fulfilled their pre-orders. If they were taking them. Not sure.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If those are the games on 360 worth waiting for I'll wait that bit extra and have a PS3 thanks. They all look absolute turd.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Any1 that can honestly say Oblivion looks turd is either blind or dumb or one of the worlds biggest retards IMO

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I managed to bag a Premium from Dixons today, they just got them in stock.

I did have to buy it with 2 pre-picked games, But Nothing I can't trade in at my local exchange shop when I get bored.

I mainly got it for the games due out anyways and Xbox Live. First time i've used Xbox live, my only other experiance with consoles online was PS2 online.

But am amazed what Xbox live has to offer, Arcade games, Demo's, Video's theme's ect.

Anyways so far am happy with my purchase, Just need to get a VGA adaptor now as am to skint to go spend £700+ on a big HD-TV.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:
I managed to bag a Premium from Dixons today, they just got them in stock.

I did have to buy it with 2 pre-picked games, But Nothing I can't trade in at my local exchange shop when I get bored.

I mainly got it for the games due out anyways and Xbox Live. First time i've used Xbox live, my only other experiance with consoles online was PS2 online.

But am amazed what Xbox live has to offer, Arcade games, Demo's, Video's theme's ect.

Anyways so far am happy with my purchase, Just need to get a VGA adaptor now as am to skint to go spend £700+ on a big HD-TV.

I take it the games weren't worth mentioning? lol :p

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
I take it the games weren't worth mentioning? lol :p

Perfect Dark Zero and Fifa 06 Road to World cup.

Am still waiting for my local blockbuster to start doing 360 Games.

I

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ch3tan said:
Link me to your source please

Careful. If you import a 360, you'll probably be able to play most UK games, but you'll have to check every time because region-coding is at the publisher/developer's discretion, so for instance, Q4 is region free but the US bonus disc isn't. There may also be Xbox Live compatibility issues, although there are workarounds for this.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Talivar said:
Any1 that can honestly say Oblivion looks turd is either blind or dumb or one of the worlds biggest retards IMO

It's an Elder Scrolls game, involving sorcery and people with pointy shoes. It will be very very bad, mainly as its an Elder Scrolls game, played by strange people with yellow fingernails and no girlfriends. In fact it looks complete and utter turd.....

Unless of course you're one of the unwashed DAOC massive, in which case its probably quite good.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Na, DaGaffer, not import a 360, just DOA4 for my PAL 360. It's pointless now anyway, got my pre-order copy coming this friday :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh from what I can see of Oblivion, it looks distinctly average.

Aada

Part of the furniture
nath said:
Tbh from what I can see of Oblivion, it looks distinctly average.

Care to explain? the looks amazing and if you have played the other Elder Scrolls game you know what to expect- open ended gameplay where you do what you want.

Unfortunatly there are people out there who cannot play a game where they are not told where to go with big arse arrows those are the people with the attention span of a goldfish.

And no i'm not saying thats you.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Patrick Stewart voices in it, reason enough to buy :p
I think it looks great on the 360 from screenshots I've seen although of course the detail and anti aliasing is even higher on the PC.

Watch a video, the combat looks unique and open ended games are great.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
When I say looks, that's just what I mean. I know nothing about the gameplay, but the screenshots I've seen really aren't that special.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Morrowind is the reason I got my 360. I think the PC version has been pushed back further than the xbox version.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
My fingernails aint yellow and ive had plenty of gfs and now i have a wife and child thxs,Gfx wise ive seen no SS of any game with as good gfx for any system tbh,nor any game that offers so mch t do.And as to the last elder scrolls games....i think u will find they just as popular as any other rpg franchise inc inal fantasy if we just go by EU/US and not japan:)

Gray-CF

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
It's an Elder Scrolls game, involving sorcery and people with pointy shoes. It will be very very bad, mainly as its an Elder Scrolls game, played by strange people with yellow fingernails and no girlfriends. In fact it looks complete and utter turd.....

Unless of course you're one of the unwashed DAOC massive, in which case its probably quite good.

http://www.raceworx.com/imabandwidththief/panda makes more sense.jpg

Aada

Part of the furniture
Doomy said:
Morrowind is the reason I got my 360. I think the PC version has been pushed back further than the xbox version.

Indeed, alot preorders were actually cancelled when the game got pushed back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom