Impressed £67.5 billion... nope... 263 billion, and rising.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Scouse, mate. They have publicly come out and said that they don't care about insulating anything. They are doing it for the sake of being cunts.

Nice little go-fund me pot though...

Link?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can disagree all you like @Embattle, but that's the true story :)

Yeah, you allow yourself to get rammed by a fat bitch in a range rover whilst holding up a sign saying "insulate britain" without caring about insulating anything. None of these people care.

Crack on with your fantasy m8.

Read the transcript of their spokesman's interview...or watch it. They don't care.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The actual face of protesting in the UK

Just to be clear - the screaming fat bitch in the range rover desparate to drive her kid to school hadn't taxed her car...

Well if you play stupid games like sitting on a road, you tend to win stupid prizes.

Must admit I far preferred the video where a cheesed off motorist picked one of the IB mongs up and tied him to a railing using his own banner.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
God forbid anyone be inconvenienced by a protest least of all motorists

If he had time to assault and tie someone up surely he had time to take a detour? :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Must admit I far preferred the video where a cheesed off motorist picked one of the IB mongs up and tied him to a railing using his own banner.
It says a lot about you. Nobody is surprised.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Embattle

FH is my second home

COP26 is definitely headed for failure before it has even starts, Russian and Chinese leaders not even turning up and assorted developed countries having some rather large chinks in their armour.

No doubt it'll get a PR blitz stating it was a success.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Everybody lobbies in what they think is their own self-interest even when the bigger self-interest is stopping the rape of the natural world.

We don't make it. Cop26 will be lauded as a massive success but we won't do anything - meanwhile emissions are still rising.

We need them to stop entirely and we need to remove carbon from the atmosphere.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's that? Heat pumps are unsuitable for the 7.5 million UK homes with solid walls?

"Heat pumps currently cost between £6,000 and £18,000 - and they need high levels of insulation which aren't always possible in the UK's older, solid walled homes."

About ten grand a pop to insulate them. But the Tories have stumped up enough pony to help with 90,000 heat pumps - an amazing 1.2% of that 7.5 million unsuitable stock. (And speaking to a renewables installer who cancelled on a site visit because his pump business has gone crazy since that 90,000 heat pump annoucement, it looks like people who already have the readies to go are already snapping up the capacity in readiness for their 5 grand april bonus)

Well. At least we're still subsidising coal and gas eh?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Credit where credit is due, he's absolutely right.

Let's see what is done about it though.
He's partially right.

The advice has always been REDUCE > RE-USE > RECYCLE.

Government policy has always been recycle. Re-use has been ignored and reduction is an anathema to economic development - so governments have, at best, paid it lip-service.

Reduce, reuse, recycle was a phrase pushed by the environmental movements in the early 70s. Boris Johnson was probably the first time I've actually seen a government official getting close to saying something like it. Just 50 years late. And, ultimately, he's not a man of action.

If "credit where credit is due" - no credit is due here. If he follows up with solid action, then credit. But he won't. We won't.

Inadequate action = failure. Not "a little bit of a good thing". We either win, or we fail. And if we fail, we won't be arguing about how badly we missed...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just had to open my office window, too warm. Insulation works.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He's partially right.

The advice has always been REDUCE > RE-USE > RECYCLE.

Government policy has always been recycle. Re-use has been ignored and reduction is an anathema to economic development - so governments have, at best, paid it lip-service.

Reduce, reuse, recycle was a phrase pushed by the environmental movements in the early 70s. Boris Johnson was probably the first time I've actually seen a government official getting close to saying something like it. Just 50 years late. And, ultimately, he's not a man of action.

If "credit where credit is due" - no credit is due here. If he follows up with solid action, then credit. But he won't. We won't.

Inadequate action = failure. Not "a little bit of a good thing". We either win, or we fail. And if we fail, we won't be arguing about how badly we missed...

This was on last night:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This was on last night:

Panorama basically being a 30 minute advertising segment for Coca-Cola
Absolute manure, glass bottles would remove the problem and they don't have any excuses. In certain packaging Coke costs more than petrol per litre it's clear this shit is pretty price inelastic at this point or everyone would drink supermarket cola so they could easily lead the charge.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Best option is to not drink fizzy drinks, they rot your insides anyway.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I dunno about you lot but shit around here sure is flooding like it never has before.

Like there's a roundabout near me that used to flood minorly on the inside, but now it floods all the way across to the outside lane too!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Asked if climate change would be worse than allowing a genocide to happen, Mr Welby said: "It will allow a genocide on an infinitely greater scale."

That's a clear yes.

He should have doubled down IMO. He should have said "if our leaders fail to take the necessary action they'll be worse than Hitler and Jimmy Saville's love-child raping disabled Jews".

Or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom