Impressed £67.5 billion... nope... 263 billion, and rising.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It will replace EV within 20 years and all this digging out super rare minerals and all the pollution that creates will be an embarrassing side history.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It will replace EV within 20 years and all this digging out super rare minerals and all the pollution that creates will be an embarrassing side history.
If we can get CO2 down in the meantime then worth it. And we can recover the minerals and metals from the battery.

Embattle

FH is my second home
If we can get CO2 down in the meantime then worth it. And we can recover the minerals and metals from the battery.

Plus the generation of Hydrogen will have to be focused on areas where batteries aren't suitable for quite some time since the hydrogen really needs to be green.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

You can't repair the rivers and landscape though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can't repair the rivers and landscape though.
I'm not playing down the effects of mining. But they're generally localised effects - the greater threat is the global one and we must take a wholistic approach.

At the same time - we can minimise the effects of mining using best practice. (Though whether the chinese do that will be debatable). But in terms of the earth's surface disrupted it's a no-brainer.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Poisoned rivers dumping shit all over the place is not localised.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Poisoned rivers dumping shit all over the place is not localised.
It's *more* localised than a gas that spreads across the globe Raven.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much against mining spill. It's something we can do something about though. But global transportation not only produces CO2 but has a massive health effects through particulate emissions alongside the localised pollution there.

Transportation > Mining in terms of environmental degradation.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Obviously much better, but I wonder what will happen when we just pump water vapour into the atmosphere on an industrial scale.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Obviously much better, but I wonder what will happen when we just pump water vapour into the atmosphere on an industrial scale.

I don't know, but I'm not expecting much of a negative at the volumes that would be produced other than perhaps some more rain :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
According to analysis, they have agreed with everyone with an IQ in double digits.

Also, stop destroying everything for new housing. Cap births to 2 per family, stop all immigration, except for the sciences.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks like Hydrogen is the functional method for governments to keep subsidies for oil companies whilst pretending that we're doing something about global warming.

The EU was getting panned for it - but we're the same.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't in essence have problem with either doing so as long as it is only a transition phase since it might be required to cover the gaps, my problem becomes when they've invested so heavily in blue hydrogen will they be so inclined to shift to green hydrogen.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hydrogen is the natural choice for energy storage from renewable sources. We don't need horrible batteries, with their offensively and exponentially polluting component sources.

The only people really pushing batteries hard are Musk and the mining industry, we will have to carve up our seabeds and the arctic to feed batteries for all.

I really don't know where the issue is.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hydrogen is the natural choice for energy storage from renewable sources. We don't need horrible batteries, with their offensively polluting component sources.

Well Blue Hydrogen isn't clean:

I don't mind it as a stop gap to fill some of the void since it makes it more likely that it'll mean investment hydrogen products.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The issue is blue hydrogen is 20% worse for the environment than continuing to burn natural gas.

We need to stop burning natural gas. So burning something worse isn't better.

Pretty obvious.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think the issue for domestic heating and cooking is we need our governments to wean us off the idea of burning things.

Electricity for heating and cooking. Job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom