Impressed £67.5 billion... nope... 117.4 billion, and rising.

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Scouse, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Embattle

Embattle It's my birthday today!

I do support Nuclear in the mix myself but you kind of imply with your positives that it is almost without issues, which anyone knows is utter bollocks. They are both expensive to build and often suffer massive time delays and cost overruns, this on top of the fact they still produce the most dangerous waste product that requires careful management and once the plant has come to the end of its life it takes oddles more cash and time to decommission. Also while onshore wind has generally always been cheaper than Nuclear and offshore wind has now joined it, in fact some predictions put both forms of wind power being cheaper than Gas in the next few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

3. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

No. It just shows the efficiency of capitalism of growing economies - really very powerful system

It's clear it needs fundamentally reforming because permanent dirty growth is literally killing us.

This is the whole reason you hear the word sustainable all the time - because if we continue growing in this fashion we're fucked.

What boggles my mind is that we've been talking about this for so long and people still don't get what that means fundamentally.

4. Embattle

Embattle It's my birthday today!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber