Impressed £67.5 billion... nope... 263 billion, and rising.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't suppose we could get @Job's post for laughing at a white guy for getting beaten up either moved from this thread (along with this one) or deleted @Jupitus?

Totally agree it's a twattish post, both in the sense of no supporting link or explanation and also in the sense of being a cunt laughing at the situation, but the conversation has moved on since and I'll leave it. If nothing else it server as a (probably entirely unnecessary) reminder of what a knob Job is.

Embattle

FH is my second home
No man lives in a vaccum - all of these protestors have to live and work in the world they were born in. Your argument is just another reductionist "if they don't live like swampy and if they've ever used soap - I'll call them hypocrites and ignore them" but the opposite is "if they look like swampy and don't use soap then they're fucking crusties - and I'll ignore them".

It's a stance that has been so well examined from all angles in the last 40 years that it's no longer tenable for any serious person to hold.

It isn't about living like swampy, it is just many of them seem to be on the completely opposite end of the scale while quite happy to tell the majority how they should save the planet which is even funnier when you block those same people when trying to use the greener forms of transport.

lol, I wondered when @Bodhi was going to turn up. It's his vitriol I was thinking of when I was typing Emb. Because your opinion mirrors Mr big-ass BMW's so much :)

I'll stand by the fact while your opinion runs free your environmentalism only goes as far as your departure gate, something that you certainly aren't alone in.

Love him or hate him - this isn't hypocricy - it's putting your liberty on the line (has his say from about a minute in):

His liberty, please don't make out being arrested by our police is some sort of hardship.

ALERT! ALERT! Incoming pointless circular argument ALERT! ALERT! :p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Not hypocrisy no. Just misguided narcissism.
You just know he turned up with a Guard photographer and asked the police officer in charge what would get him arrested but safely removed.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
To be honest, I'm a lot more concerned about the treatment of the protestors in France and Catalonia currently, on which our resident protest sympathisers seem remarkably silent.

I'm guessing they're the wrong sort of protestors. Self-determination, bad. Bringing London to a standstill to bring in a political system which has failed everywhere it's been tried? Good.

Apparently.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be honest, I'm a lot more concerned about the treatment of the protestors in France and Catalonia currently, on which our resident protest sympathisers seem remarkably silent.
Calling me a protest sympathiser seems to imply that if somebody somewhere was protesting in support of paedophilia I'd support it. So, nice try, but foxtrot oscar :)

Also saying "look look- this is happening over here!" is plain whataboutery.

I'm guessing they're the wrong sort of protestors. Self-determination, bad. Bringing London to a standstill to bring in a political system which has failed everywhere it's been tried? Good.
Not what they're asking for. Not even a nice try, it's the same old shit. (As well as from @Embattle who - alert alert - doesn't see the hypocrisy in his own post...).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Calling me a protest sympathiser seems to imply that if somebody somewhere was protesting in support of paedophilia I'd support it. So, nice try, but foxtrot oscar :)

Also saying "look look- this is happening over here!" is plain whataboutery.

Not what they're asking for. Not even a nice try, it's the same old shit. (As well as from @Embattle who - alert alert - doesn't see the hypocrisy in his own post...).

I'm only quoting their own founder in the article I shared earlier. But then you're daft enough to think I drive a big-ass BMW, when it's pretty much the same size as your Civic. Just a lot faster. And better on fuel :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Civic has gone. Ran it into the ground as it's the environmentally responsible thing to do - environmental cost is largely production, not fuel consumption.

One car family now.

Eat my patronising winning :p

Job

Are you technically a family?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We have a spider in our bath tub.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Profit-making-companies (and the politicians that backed them after being lobbied) can't be trusted to give honest assesment of profit-making industry in the UK - and environmentalists (who were roundly and widely derided) were correct in their assessments non-shocker.

Anyway, some people and some tories will still have gotten considerably richer off the back of this clear idiocy (clear, because everyone knows we can't afford to burn the fossil fuels we already know about (yet we're still, as a public, funding exploration for new gas and oil fields)).

Fracking = we stand to make money, so lets fuck the locals over, the local environment, yadda yadda yadda for something we shouldn't be doing anyway.

Job

Or..modellers are guesstimating on the fly.

Their track record is abysmal, even if its mostly the press, activists and politicians grabbing at clickbait.

Over the last twenty years they have made the boy who cried wolf look like an amateur, and that is without a shadow of a doubt the main reason the public are so sceptical.

The Inconvenient truth is 2 hours of utter bollocks.

Last edited:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Or..modellers are guesstimating on the fly.

Their track record is abysmal, even if its mostly the press, activists and politicians grabbing at clickbait.

Over the last twenty years they have made the boy who cried wolf look like an amateur, and that is without a shadow of a doubt the main reason the public are so sceptical.

The Inconvenient truth is 2 hours of utter bollocks.

There is a tiny bit of truth to that but long term data is your friend.

Therefore the longer this is studied the better the results. This applies to everything.

You cant discount the previous studies as they still form the basis of the current.

Job

Yes, but I fear that theres an entrenched political and social pressure that is twisting conclusion and investigation.

The independence and impartiallity of climate science is long gone, and I can understand that given the stakes.
If we are to hold time on the usual measures to limit consensus as a driving force then we need to make it official...not denounce heretics.

Just come out and say it...its too important, we need to silence dissent to respond to the enormity of the risk.

Job

Well it is common practice, so I dont see how it would have had the world up in arms.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Words, detail and comprehension Job...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom