£4116 per badger...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ofc it failed, everyone knew it would.

Also, if the marksman is such a shit shot that the badgers take minutes to die then they should have their gun licenses removed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
How the fuck did it cost that much? - that means they must of hired literally thousands of people for the year to go round and basically do fuck all.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Throd would have gathered a badger army and showed them poxy fox hunters what for!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
How the fuck did it cost that much? - that means they must of hired literally thousands of people for the year to go round and basically do fuck all.
Hmm, after thinking about it, I realised the local councils probably had quite alot to do with it, so they probably had a dude to reload the gun, a lawyer to make sure that the guy was reloading the gun properly, and another guy to make sure the guy that was checking that the guy who was reloading the gun properly was doing his job properly, and then a guy from health and safety to make sure that they were all 10000000% out of danger.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I find it all quite depressing, and haven't read very much about it. I thought they were gassing :(

Anyway, why kill things that don't do any harm? You can inoculate against TB, so why not do that?

I have no problem with shooting things that need shooting, but badgers don't do any harm. Country foxes do LOADS of harm, I can understand that. Though I wouldn't shoot one personally unless I had a specific reason to do so, same as anything else. I'm not one of those people who can go into a wood and shoot stuff for the sake of it. I remember I had a woodland trust shoot years ago, I went to it thinking the only thing I can usefully shoot here are squirrels, and there wasn't any. Loads of crows, but they were doing no damage there, so I left them alone. A couple more visits, and I never went back.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I find it all quite depressing, and haven't read very much about it. I thought they were gassing :(

Anyway, why kill things that don't do any harm? You can inoculate against TB, so why not do that?

I have no problem with shooting things that need shooting, but badgers don't do any harm. Country foxes do LOADS of harm, I can understand that. Though I wouldn't shoot one personally unless I had a specific reason to do so, same as anything else. I'm not one of those people who can go into a wood and shoot stuff for the sake of it. I remember I had a woodland trust shoot years ago, I went to it thinking the only thing I can usefully shoot here are squirrels, and there wasn't any. Loads of crows, but they were doing no damage there, so I left them alone. A couple more visits, and I never went back.
I wish it was legal to kick, stamp on, stab or shoot town pigeons. Fucking vermin. Also what about town foxes that hunt through bins? Actually, what animals is it legal to cunt^H^Hll ?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It is legal to shoot town pigeons. I have done so, in fact, I even got paid to do it once. There is a DEFRA vermin licence that is renewed every year, these are animals that can be shot at any time, and don't have seasons. Note, it says though you can only shoot when other avenues have been explored, no one knows what that actually means though. Either way, a bit of common sense is required. For example, in that Forestry Commission shoot that I used to have, there were a lot of crows, but no farmland around, so I didn't shoot them. On another shoot I had, a farm, there were flocks of hundreds of crows decimating piles of animal feed, and I would shoot them then because there was a need. Having said that, they are super clever, and you have to work hard to do it!

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/regulation/wildlife/licences/generallicences.aspx

edit

I see parakeets have made it onto the vermin list this year!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
lol parakeets! Amsterdam has an infestation of a bluesh green varity for years: they're surprisingly large, and fare quite well considering the inbreeding, and the fact that, well, you know, Amsterdam not being a sub-tropical forest and all. They cause a surprising amount of damage to buildings when they make their nests, and they're very noisy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom