This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£20 vacuum cleaners suck

Discussion in 'Techie Discussion' started by Cask, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Cask

Cask Fledgling Freddie

My £20 vacuum cleaner that I bought from Argos a few months ago sucks, and not in a good way. Not only is (or rather, was) midget sized requiring me to bend my back in a way that just isn't healthy but I managed to snap the tube in half pushing it around just now. Wouldn't have been so bad if it actually had some suction, but I practically had to drop bits of rice into the tube to get it to suck it up.

Anyone recommend me a good, cheap vacuum cleaner?

2. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

You get what you pay for.

3. Lazarus

Lazarus Part of the furniture

erm.........arent they meant to?

4. Jonty

Jonty Fledgling Freddie

Hi Cask

Perhaps this may receive more attention in the general forum? Let me know if you'd like it moved :)

As for the vac, we've had a Dyson for a longtime but its gradually falling to bits. I think it's very true what Ch3tan says, though, you do get what you pay for. Perhaps return some of your new hardware to pay for a decent vac? ;)

Kind Regards

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clown

Clown Part of the furniture

It tickled me that you put it in here, even though it's probably the right place :)
    Anyway what's up with you and your spastic back? Crazy guy.

6. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

rofl :D

7. Cask

Cask Fledgling Freddie

Sup Clown. Midget sized things annoy my back, that's about it really. What are you doing with yourself on these long, lonesome winter evenings these days?

8. tris-

tris- Failed Geordie and Parmothief

get one of those old style rolley thingys, you know what i mean right?

9. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

My parents have a Kirby. It really sucks hard, cost a fortune though.

10. .Wilier.

.Wilier. One of Freddy's beloved

My mother had a Kirby, looked like something from the 19th century tbh, but sucked like a really sucky thing.

We have a dyson. Its great (but not cheap)

11. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

I got a VAX cleaner from B&Q, it shampoos carpets as well, £150

Alternatively, I have an electrolux cleaner that I paid about £60 for, I couldn't get any bags for it easily, so if you're around the Manchester area you can have it tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vae

Vae Part of the furniture FH Subscriber

A carpet sweeper? Or to quote Eddie Izzard - "A Hoh-d-d-d-d" <phonetic>. It whisks the dirt up and then puts it back down on the carpet!

13. tris-

tris- Failed Geordie and Parmothief

yeh, but its put in another place, so the area you moved it from looks good as new.

14. Gat_Decor

Gat_Decor Fledgling Freddie

ROFL!!!!

anyway i have a dyson, pricey yeah shit hot vacuum cleaner though, i also took out 'insurance' for it, not paid for a spare/replacement-part/repair yet \o/

15. Yaka

Yaka Part of the furniture

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

kirby do service plans for even their old or second hand systems. An engineer will come and repair it for you. Worth the money for something that costs so much.

17. Yaka

Yaka Part of the furniture

they do but ours was like breaking down every 2 weeks. got rid of it for £70 on ebay. not bad price for somat that so old

18. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

First one my parents got second hand for 150 or so, they just bought a newer model, but still second hand of ebay for £230.

19. Cask

Cask Fledgling Freddie

£150 for a vacuum cleaner :eek6:

Think I'll go upmarket from my £20 Argos POS to a £40 Argos POS and see what happens.