£20 vacuum cleaners suck

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
My £20 vacuum cleaner that I bought from Argos a few months ago sucks, and not in a good way. Not only is (or rather, was) midget sized requiring me to bend my back in a way that just isn't healthy but I managed to snap the tube in half pushing it around just now. Wouldn't have been so bad if it actually had some suction, but I practically had to drop bits of rice into the tube to get it to suck it up.

Anyone recommend me a good, cheap vacuum cleaner?

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Cask

Perhaps this may receive more attention in the general forum? Let me know if you'd like it moved :)

As for the vac, we've had a Dyson for a longtime but its gradually falling to bits. I think it's very true what Ch3tan says, though, you do get what you pay for. Perhaps return some of your new hardware to pay for a decent vac? ;)

Kind Regards

Clown

Part of the furniture
It tickled me that you put it in here, even though it's probably the right place :)
Anyway what's up with you and your spastic back? Crazy guy.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Sup Clown. Midget sized things annoy my back, that's about it really. What are you doing with yourself on these long, lonesome winter evenings these days?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
get one of those old style rolley thingys, you know what i mean right?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
My parents have a Kirby. It really sucks hard, cost a fortune though.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Ch3tan said:
My parents have a Kirby. It really sucks hard, cost a fortune though.

My mother had a Kirby, looked like something from the 19th century tbh, but sucked like a really sucky thing.

We have a dyson. Its great (but not cheap)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I got a VAX cleaner from B&Q, it shampoos carpets as well, £150

Alternatively, I have an electrolux cleaner that I paid about £60 for, I couldn't get any bags for it easily, so if you're around the Manchester area you can have it tbh.

Vae

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
get one of those old style rolley thingys, you know what i mean right?

A carpet sweeper? Or to quote Eddie Izzard - "A Hoh-d-d-d-d" <phonetic>. It whisks the dirt up and then puts it back down on the carpet!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
yeh, but its put in another place, so the area you moved it from looks good as new.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
yeh, but its put in another place, so the area you moved it from looks good as new.

ROFL!!!!

anyway i have a dyson, pricey yeah shit hot vacuum cleaner though, i also took out 'insurance' for it, not paid for a spare/replacement-part/repair yet \o/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
kirby do service plans for even their old or second hand systems. An engineer will come and repair it for you. Worth the money for something that costs so much.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
kirby do service plans for even their old or second hand systems. An engineer will come and repair it for you. Worth the money for something that costs so much.

they do but ours was like breaking down every 2 weeks. got rid of it for £70 on ebay. not bad price for somat that so old

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
First one my parents got second hand for 150 or so, they just bought a newer model, but still second hand of ebay for £230.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
£150 for a vacuum cleaner :eek6:

Think I'll go upmarket from my £20 Argos POS to a £40 Argos POS and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom