Impressed £67.5 billion... nope... 263 billion, and rising.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This is good progress if it pans out, of course massive investment in grid capacity reqd.

And the powers got to come from somewhere, maybe encourage people to charge on windy days or when its sunny.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Embattle

FH is my second home

Embattle

FH is my second home
There has been talk and work done towards a whole set of islands - Northseawindpowerhub

Originally we were involved in NSEC but after with Brexit it seems EU thought we shouldn't be involved even though NSEC isn't a EU body but a inter governmental organisation.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We tend to forget just how many deaths hydroelectric power has caused:

Pretty easy to make safe though - don't allow home building in potential flood risk areas.

It boggles my mind that governments are so fucking dumb when it comes to the basics.

Either way - it's, like, 35 times safer than coal, is relatively cheap and doesn't come with an unsolveable and costly storage problem that will dog mankind for more than fifty times the length of time since teh babeh jebuz had his first wank.

Offshore wind FTW. (Obviously once we've killed the royal family for taking 25% of the rent).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Embattle - why are you OK with the Queen owning the seabed round the British Isles?

Why her, and not all of us?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's OK @Embattle - she's exempt from laws mandating wealth disclosure.

I'm just surprised you don't have anything to say about her earning loads more rent for absolutely nothing.

They're a crime family, nothing more. It's just they own the laws, so they've legalized themselves.

People seem shocked when Trump tries, but give this shower of paedophile protectors a free pass.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The only thing I'm never surprised about is your hyperbolic posts.

I'm sure we've covered it before on this very forum, it is part of the sovereign grant and all the things that go with that blah blah.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm sure we've covered it before on this very forum, it is part of the sovereign grant and all the things that go with that blah blah.
Lol.

It's separate from the money taxpayers give her.

So, 25% of any profits made off the seabed going to one private individual in a country of nearly 70 million. And you don't see anything wrong with that.

Amazing. Just wow.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It appears the cause of this is actually part of a glacier falling off and causing a badly placed dam to burst, it's not a fault of hydro itself.
Design issues (and global warming with the glacier). It's not inherently risky (like the burning of coal or production of nuclear waste) - but it's susceptible to predictable human idiocy, like putting housing in silly places, or putting nuclear reactors on the coast of one of the most tectonically active countries on the planet.

But the mere existence of hydro doesn't create additional risk, unlike some other techs.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If something is blatantly untrue then yes you can get sued.

* Mr Waymouth had not engaged with Summerfield Browne's complaints procedure before leaving the review
* He did not attend the online hearing or send a legal representative.
* He previously said he had offered to remove the review in exchange for a refund of the £200 fee (plus VAT) he had paid but claimed the firm had not responded.

Sounds like "Mr Waymouth" was a moron

Embattle

FH is my second home

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If you're going to be Trump like and talk crap in a rage at a business and in essence lie to try and damage it then I've no problem with it.
If you have a grievance are you not allowed to air it? Donno why i put it in this thread. Fat fingers lol.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If you're going to be Trump like and talk crap in a rage at a business and in essence lie to try and damage it then I've no problem with it.

It's a bit ironic though, because I'd be unlikely to use a business who sues over negative reviews

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Certainly an interesting idea:

Just checked them out, Wayv technologies, they make rechargeable microwaves atm. They could be onto a massive winner there. Couple a rechargeable microwave boiler with a home solar system (other systems are available) and that could be a massive boost for slowing climate change. This is the sort of shit government should be going after.

UK company too.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I don't usually bother with vice but this is a good point.

Another hurdle for EVs will be all the proprietary bullshit.

Yes that has to go. In fact why not just have hydrogen vehicles and forget this EV vehicle rubbish.
They go as far as a regular car and they could convert all the petrol stations to do hydrogen instead.

I guess it's more of a dangerous fuel but it certainly overcomes a lot of EV failings.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes that has to go. In fact why not just have hydrogen vehicles and forget this EV vehicle rubbish.
They go as far as a regular car and they could convert all the petrol stations to do hydrogen instead.

I guess it's more of a dangerous fuel but it certainly overcomes a lot of EV failings.
We'll get there eventually but EV is a stopgap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom