ML Catchup Raids!! (Update - change of date to Saturday 6th)

ML Catchup Raids!! (Update - change of day to Saturday 6th)

ok, this needs to be done and since most guilds are racing ahead leaving poor people behind and not giving a damn :twak: im going to do something about it..
Remember this is for YOUR benefit and your Realm's benefit if you do not turn up, then please dont be posting that no-one offers to help you.

Starting Saturday 6th March im going to be running a catchup session, this will include ALL steps from 1.1 - 1.10 if you need a step doing ill will be forming grps at approx 7pm GMT and will zerg the hell out of this ML if it kills me!
MEETING AT VOLCANUS DOCKS 7PM GMT FRIDAY 5TH MARCH!!

Rules are as follows:

1. Please make sure you have done the solo step 1.5 where u take on your chosen warrior/warriors..as there is no grp benefit for doing this...and the step 1.1 as this is doable with 8 peeps

2. All attendees must be on time try to be there before 7pm as the quicker we form the quicker it gets done.

3. Lvl 40+ all welcome regrdless of class.

4. No foul language you WILL be punted!

5. I am raid leader /im not god but i am taking time out to run this please respect that, if i ask for something to be done a certain way its because the encounter requires it...

6. Anyone who PURPOSEFULLY disobeys any commands and risks the raid for other people will be punted.

7. If you LD during the raid dont just sit there spamming LD FFS!! GRP ME!!
the battle grp with ALWAYS be /bc join Elewyth TYPE THAT the second you log back in as aslong as your in the BG and its a bg step you should get credit for that step. we will where possible wait for LD's.. but please dont expect us to stop whacking Cetus for you so u can join your grp.

8. ALL DROPS WILL BE HELD BY ME AS TREASURER. if there are class specific drops they will be lotto'd in the designated bind town (more than likely where we start Volcanus)
and all other drops will be subject to lotto also but not restricted to class.
lotto will take the form of /random 100 you may only lotto if you have not previously gotten an item.

9. This is a game!! its not real, please leave your Ego at Volcanus when you log in.. i will not tolerate arseholes, i dont have time for you.

10. ALL talk in /bc is to be kept to grp leaders and ME only, i dont care if youve got 20 dia seals for sale, nor do i want to know what you ate for lunch please keep such talk in /gu /g or your /as

11. ALL KEY DROPS FROM CETUS WILL BE LOTTO'D IMMEDIATELY
The fairest way to do this is ALL that attend previous steps 1.2 - 1.10 will be allowed to lotto regardless of level / those who join ONLY for 1.10 will NEED to be lvl 45 for these Items.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
For the Steps that require only GRP encounters and NOT BG, please organise your grp for that step, i will not be running around after every grp, we will ofcourse wait for all grps to do their bit, some spawns are long respawns sometimes, like the Barrier step upto 45mins, so please wait patiently. And please respect any other grp thats in line before you, i wont tolerate queue jumping nor verbally harassing other players, again YOU WILL be removed from the hunt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please if anyone has a few minutes im going to be collecting a few Desmona Tokens before hand and would appreciate a few helping hands to make the task quicker when we get there, ill be collecting tokens on Wednesday night, please feel free to PM elewyth in game from 7pm onwards! and we might even do a little scroll hunting of any 50's turn up or run some Treasure chests for fun!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU HAVE ANY ENQUIRIES THEN PLEASE EMAIL: ElewythTLSOA@aol.com
also any lvl 50's that feel the need to share please come along, it will be a fun night for all. :wub:

FAQ's

ok from the emails ive gotten here is a list of the Answers:

Q. Wheres Volcanus?
A. Take a boat called Pride of Volcanus I/II/III or use the Djiin in Oceanus Haven

Q. How long will this take?
A. How long is a piece of string? no really how long? it depends, other grps may be waiting infront of us so we wait longer, i anticipate no more than 3 hours max!

Q.Who are you? have u lead any raids before?
A. i am me, yes, 3 TG raids, 5 Dragon Raids and 1 failed Legion raid (marauding hibbies saw to that) mostly on US servers, but hey it all counts.

Q. no offense mate, but you do realise your wasting your time? no-one cares about this kind of stuff, so why bother?
A. To be honest, i dont care if no-one turns up, because at the end of the day the very next whine post i see about no-one helping i will jump on it for no other reason than the self satisfaction of saying bullshit...and link to this post.

Q. Dude your not even lvl 50, your not qualified to lead a raid...
A. Oh im sorry, whilst skimming the forums i must have missed YOUR offer to help? oh what was that? you didnt offer to help did you... :kissit:

Q I only want to get some ML Xp can i still come?
A. Yes, ofcourse, the more we have the quicker it goes.

Q. i only need step x.xx - x.xx can i still come?
A. Yes..but id rather if you can spare a few mins to help out for other steps also.. but i will not exclude you from raid if you only need 1.10 or 1.6 - 1.10
all are welcome.

Q. My GFX and system struggle, will i be ok to come?
A. Yes...BUT takes these few precautions first, i dont want people lagging into aggro and killing us all.....

1. DISABLE SHADOWS
2. SET YOUR SPELL EFFECTS TO EITHER SELF ONLY OR GRP ONLY
3. TURN OFF REFLECTIVE WATER
4. TURN DOWN YOUR FARSIGHT TO NEAREST (you know the one with how far into the distance you see!!)
5. ALSO HELPS TO REMOVE YOURNAME (like you dont know it already) AND REMOVE ALL GRAVE NAMES, THERE WILL BE QUITE A FEW AROUND I CAN ASSURE YOU
6. THERE are other options but not having my system infron of me i will add more later.

Q. I like knowing where im going, can i help in anyway?
A. Sure, ill be posting later tonight to my website a FULL and COMPREHENSIVE ML guide for the steps were doing including maps and strategies, it can be downloaded via my website which ill post later, please feel free to download and print off, the more your informed the less shouting i have to do to get my point across, and it helps if a few people know where were going aswell as me.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
small tip, you know you can set a tresurer for a bg so all none sell loot goes automaticly to him saves the whole /auto s stuff

hehe yea had just read that in patch notes, lol didnt know it existed, thx.

sibanac said:
btw will you alow peeps to come for ml xp aswell ?

yes this is valid point, ofcourse, ALL are welcome, the more we have for the final encounter and any other steps the quicker it goes.. if you want to FARM ML XP your welcome.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
ok from the emails ive gotten here is a list of the Answers:

How long is a piece of string?

twice the length of the distance between the middle and one side

Wichtel

Fledgling Freddie
Nice idea, although I've done most of them, I'll come and help, maybe even Wednesday for the farming.
<obsolete after edits>
About ML-XP... think people who need the encounters should be favoured as you can get the xp elsewhere (bg are limited to 32 players?)

And make some macros for the rules, i got a sore typing fingers from repeating them over and over again everytime a pickup player joins an encounter ;)
/em wonders why people can't spare a few minutes to read the dos and don'ts before...

W.

Wichtel said:
Nice idea, although I've done most of them, I'll come and help, maybe even Wednesday for the farming.
<obsolete after edits>
About ML-XP... think people who need the encounters should be favoured as you can get the xp elsewhere (bg are limited to 32 players?)

And make some macros for the rules, i got a sore typing fingers from repeating them over and over again everytime a pickup player joins an encounter ;)
/em wonders why people can't spare a few minutes to read the dos and don'ts before...

W.

yes a valid point, which is why ive asked for them to Email me first so i have a clear idea of how many are coming for that alone.. i dont anticipate more than 32 turning up, cos well lets face it, most people are too lazy to organise stuff in this realm, and most just indifferent about organised stuff, they like to be incharge of their own ML experience, which is fine by me.

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
BGs are limited to 200 players ;) il be there matey with Galliv :p

Dude your not even lvl 50, your not qualified to lead a raid...

LMAO wtf? who said that? dont recall anything ever saying you need to be lvl 50 before organising a 40+ (thats FORTY PLUS) raid, and what qualifications do u need exactly? hell if its so much of a problem find a few pickup groups and do it that way, im sure no1 else is that bothered about such a miniscule insignificant detail.....besides, whats to say Ele doesnt have a lvl 50 or 2? just because its not in the sig doesnt mean she has none....

Cheers
Rhi

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
actualy i think that the number in bg can be higher then 32, since i have been in bg's where we had to get a second boat to transport all people in the bg (cog + skiff=40 peeps)

sibanac said:
actualy i think that the number in bg can be higher then 32, since i have been in bg's where we had to get a second boat to transport all people in the bg (cog + skiff=40 peeps)

on the subject of boats, i will be bringing a skiff since im skinted after buying an AF102 set recently!! nerf crafters!! if we require any more boats can people please let me know if theyve got one as this will lighten the load.. or i may have to farm some cash for another..

Rhirap said:
BGs are limited to 200 players ;) il be there matey with Galliv :p

LMAO wtf? who said that? dont recall anything ever saying you need to be lvl 50 before organising a 40+ (thats FORTY PLUS) raid, and what qualifications do u need exactly? hell if its so much of a problem find a few pickup groups and do it that way, im sure no1 else is that bothered about such a miniscule insignificant detail.....besides, whats to say Ele doesnt have a lvl 50 or 2? just because its not in the sig doesnt mean she has none....

Cheers
Rhi

funny thing is i DO have a few 50's just not on UK servers, otherwise id lead with them, yes sent via yahoo email that one, lol very brave!! anonymous emailer!!

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
well if we need more boats i can get my hands on 1 (only a skiff tho) so let me know ;) if i can get my hands on another copy of toa today count my scout in too.

Cheers
Rhi

Wichtel

Fledgling Freddie
<forgot to mention chars>
Lvl 50 Cleric and Mincer here, each with a skiff, good for another 16 people :)
Do we already have /vfollow or does it come with the next patch?

And give guild emblems for sails!11!!1 :)

W.

if we dont get sufficient people for a CETUS raid we will still go upto 1.9
then as treasurer i will hold onto key items and then i will go for Saturday as CETUS raid and announce it as such, we should drum up support by then for 1.10 raid only!
in this eventuality priority will be given to those who attended the previous raid.
i say priority because i WILL be limiting the spaces to a reasonable amount, and they may fill up quickly.

stighelmer

Fledgling Freddie
Remember that you have to lotto the keys after Cetus while you still in the cave. They are used to open chests in the back room and the drop inside is CLASS specific to the one using the key.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
I'd recomend you get people to do 1.1 before they come too

only because a) it's easy with the right order/tactics b) it's max 8 people on the island at one time really or it gets too hard - so with 3-4fg in a bg ur gonna be waiting loads otherwise

oh and FYI: 1.2 is also soloable

edit: 1 more thing - make sure you do 1.8 twice or in some way have 2 rubies from 1.8 before doing 1.10 - the rubys are used to stop cetus from healing , and useually he attempts to heal at twice (and if he heals - he heals to 100%)

Moo said:
I'd recomend you get people to do 1.1 before they come too

only because a) it's easy with the right order/tactics b) it's max 8 people on the island at one time really or it gets too hard - so with 3-4fg in a bg ur gonna be waiting loads otherwise

oh and FYI: 1.2 is also soloable

edit: 1 more thing - make sure you do 1.8 twice or in some way have 2 rubies from 1.8 before doing 1.10 - the rubys are used to stop cetus from healing , and useually he attempts to heal at twice (and if he heals - he heals to 100%)

already accounted for, unless someone coming has a rubie i guess well have to kill sharks a few times!!

X

Xurreall

Nice ele, good to see someone gives a damn:p

I would most likely be joining once I get ToA, friday if i'm lucky.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Great idea good luck hope all goes well, but i would like to point out that a lot of us ml4 have just spent the past 2 days helping people from ml1.1 up....thats all ty.

Iorlas said:
Great idea good luck hope all goes well, but i would like to point out that a lot of us ml4 have just spent the past 2 days helping people from ml1.1 up....thats all ty.

wasnt aimed at you personally mate, i know a few people have been helping out, but the general consensus among most albs is PL your way thru ML's and not worry about others... still from the feedaback im getting this is going to be popular and will almost certainly now go for Cetus on the day.. can't wait!! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom