The Goa conspiracy ^^

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
ok,

I wonder,

Last couple of weeks (years), ever since you ppl tried to do a maintenance on your refrigerators at GOA desk, we have been sufferring EXTREME lagg.
The game IS unplayable. EVERYBODY knows it is your fault , at GOA desk.

To me it seems you just NEED to get rid of more players.
Yes, indeed, deliberatly screwing up and lacking in service, will and does make ppl quit and join some other universe.

If we look at the fact that you are looking into merging servers, it could be that you intentionally seem to take care off lowering the TOTAL population of the servers a bit more, so you could eventually just make ONE server out of it in total. Just one server with a split base of PVE.

But then there is one other, minor, problem i would LOVE to get an answer on before i close this thread , ready to be locked..

SERVER MERGING

As the question has already arrised , and asked from my side also,

what will happen to this:

Someone has multiple accounts:

on both accounts i have lvl 50 toons in EXCAL albion
Thx to the polyversity of the game , i was ALSO able to create two accounts with Characters on PRYDWEN Hibernia.

Now, this will be a Extremely funny situation.
Since i will be able to get my toons from both servers into one common part of the universe, the part based upon the "never-ending" End-game, Rp-farming-without-a-cause. I will be able to meet my own toons in rvr and Fight them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rr12 in one month of farming)

700 rp's every other minute and a half or so..

That would mean, you , with your BRIGHT ideas at GOA and Mythic, with your population control adds, just destroyed the LAST and ONLY thing players have remaining....... Hunt in rvr with the ellement of surprice at hand. (luckely the games expands once a year so ppl can get out of that draggy situation, expeirence something else, then return. So they don't get fed up with the shit to fast)

We already have seen that you are UNABLE to get ALL cheating ppl out of the game, as in radar users, speed hacks.. window sliders, walk-through abusers, zone-in abusers, contents exploiters, bugg abusers, cross realming.
How the heck will you deal with this BRIGHT idea you have?

Will you make ppl remove toons from a server? If so, how will you compensate the time invested from those ppl?
Will you make it possible to transfer toons from one realm to another, account to account?
IP adres validation on log in? to see if one IP is logged on from both "servers"?
24 hour Monitoring the players in RVR to prevent serial killing, dueling?
Logg parser to check the multiple deathspamms between two toon names?

i guess that 24 hour monitoring and WORKING at your desk, already has an answer to it.... you will NOT!!!!

answer those question for us, will you?

In case you wouldn't know.... at this present moment a player drain is happening (only a minor one), with ppl going to prydwen from excal, to level a toon up to 50 to do what i have just mentioned.

o , one last remark... don't you think making it public to the DAOC community you will be installing another MMORPG, from mythic i think it was, on your servers, to a community that is in NO way pleased with your services and technical experience when it comes to HANDLING stuff the way it should be?
That is like kicking someone in the B**** for a couple of years then suddenly ask ... "does it hurt?".
Do you really think ppl will be bothered to test stuff when they know that YET ANOTHER game will be ruined by the lack off service and technical expertise?
Or have you already provided some extra hard disk space, with your standerd email procedures uploaded on them, for that new game also?

hmmmmmmm

well.... one thing is for sure... unless you at your desk over there in France, don't start showing ppl that you really are capable of handling problems, and fix them in a record-breaking tempo, a CLEVER gamer will say "NO THANK YOU, IT IS PROVIDED BY GOA".

(tbh, i do realize that hard-software errors and problems, are things that can and do happen. But the frequence we have to deal with that type off problems in this universe over here is WAY TO MUCH to be logically explained. Mainly cause the lack off decent feedback we have also.)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
lol the timer on getting rps for killing same person is at least 15 min afaik, so with this briliant hack it would take you 346 days /played to get to rr12 (700 rps for each kill.)
love this thread

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
Since i will be able to get my toons from both servers into one common part of the universe, the part based upon the "never-ending" End-game, Rp-farming-without-a-cause. I will be able to meet my own toons in rvr and Fight them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (rr12 in one month of farming)

Or you could buy another account and do that today. What it will do is make organising large scale rvr raids more difficult as the number of people with access to more than one realm will be much greater than it is today.

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Timer for RP on someone is 10 minutes.

So roughly 228 days /played.

If you do that in a month, i'm impressed.

I'm even impressed if you manage to do it for a few days without getting banned.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
Someone has multiple accounts:

on both accounts i have lvl 50 toons in EXCAL albion
Thx to the polyversity of the game , i was ALSO able to create two accounts with Characters on PRYDWEN Hibernia.

You could do that with multiple accounts already...duh.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Iron, next time mate buy some for me too, seems like you're getting proper stuff there!

On a sidenote, since he's playing hib/exca, can I withdraw my votes for the server merge?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
On a sidenote, since he's playing hib/exca, can I withdraw my votes for the server merge?

Meant hib/pry, mistake there but I was dazzled by the quality of the original post!

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I think with regards to the idea thats proposed about lagg being caused on purpose to reduce the existing playerbase, so that new players join the game and buy all the expansions over again would seem maybe a bit too over-the-top. I think thats the general point you were trying to get through, if not sorry I totally misunderstood. I share the same views of many others, and thats basically if you don't like the game the way it is, either leave it or change the way you play it, maybe you'll find more fun that way. I think you've done other posts like this before, where people only try to help you understand why the game works in the fashion it does, you just reply with low-witty replies that doesnt give any scope to the what you claim are original idea's you put forward.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Thanks for the laught Ironfart it was most welcome.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well somewhere he has a point though

you know whats really funny? WOW BETA, not cause its wow but u get reply's from other players.

OMG U PLAYED DAOC? HOW DID U SUR5 GOA?

hey what game u play?
daoc.. why?
lol i never started that due our forums (EQ?) said goa sucks ass lol

so yeah goa sux ^^

Belomar

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:
well somewhere he has a point though
Where? Can you please direct me to it, because I cannot for the life of me find it. The part about GOA purposefully introducing lag to reduce the populations on the servers? The part about RP farming yourself to RR12 in one month? The part about people on Excalibur already rolling characters on Prydwen to do just that? Or is it simply natural affinity for a fellow FH poster who also likes to SPAM CAPS A LOT?

Kaseyman

Fledgling Freddie
If you paid for your electricity service and it wasnt continuous what would you do. We are the customers who pay for a service continuous please :twak:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Where? Can you please direct me to it, because I cannot for the life of me find it. The part about GOA purposefully introducing lag to reduce the populations on the servers? The part about RP farming yourself to RR12 in one month? The part about people on Excalibur already rolling characters on Prydwen to do just that? Or is it simply natural affinity for a fellow FH poster who also likes to SPAM CAPS A LOT?

no, about the characters.
my brother plays alb exca, i do on hib prydwen, we share 1 account...... *problem* ? and the fact that this "lag" hapends a bit to often..

AND YES ITS THEIR FAULT! they should make better arrangements with the company that is responsible for this.
(or move the stuff to germany or what ever?)

(edit we are goa's income btw, not one single other thing)

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
my brother plays alb exca, i do on hib prydwen, we share 1 account...... *problem* ?

Have you ever been able to play at the same time? I guess not because as soon as one of you logs on, the other will get the "Account is already in use" message. That's if you're sharing the account.

If you have 2 accounts, well it's no different than someone having 2 accounts (and 2 pc's) and RP farming with them. After the first 5 or 10 spams of "X has just been kille by Y in Z" you'll either start getting ganked by all the stealthers who've found you or you'll be looking at a nice "Account Terminated" message when you log on.

siaka

Banned
AngelHeal said:
no, about the characters.
my brother plays alb exca, i do on hib prydwen, we share 1 account...... *problem* ? and the fact that this "lag" hapends a bit to often..

AND YES ITS THEIR FAULT! they should make better arrangements with the company that is responsible for this.
(or move the stuff to germany or what ever?)

(edit we are goa's income btw, not one single other thing)

improving the game for the majority at the expense of the minority is fine by me :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Ssera said:
Have you ever been able to play at the same time? I guess not because as soon as one of you logs on, the other will get the "Account is already in use" message. That's if you're sharing the account.

If you have 2 accounts, well it's no different than someone having 2 accounts (and 2 pc's) and RP farming with them. After the first 5 or 10 spams of "X has just been kille by Y in Z" you'll either start getting ganked by all the stealthers who've found you or you'll be looking at a nice "Account Terminated" message when you log on.

no your right, and it's not a bad thing actually, coz if i paly my brother can't ;p, keeps our rl good i guess:D

but the fact is, like, my brother goes to work orsomething, and hey then i can play.. but i heard there comes a timer of # hours? before u can login to other realm?

and if thats the case i want my money back of all the times i spent of making my chantress / or his paladin.
Or they come up with a trasnfer to other account.. but i want that account FOR FREE! catacombs with it etc, ill pay the monthly fee then its no problem, but i wanne play my toon when ever i want to, thats were i payed for.. if not i want my costs to get seriously reduced, i pay for 24/7/6, not for ANYTHING ELSE

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
siaka said:
improving the game for the majority at the expense of the minority is fine by me :p

minority? i think u'll be suprised how many people have this problem....

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
but i heard there comes a timer of # hours? before u can login to other realm?

Yes there is, I believe in the US the timer is 8 hours but here in the EU the timer will only be 1 hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom