GOA succeded in moving the server over to the coffe-machine?

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
One hour online time, about 50 minutes of RED - RED - GREEN, aka server lag for everyone on server, wtf is this about? It's completelly unplayable at the moment, this is like paying for a bike that have 10 cm big whole in the tires ...

Any compensation incoming or GOA just ignoring this and blaming other network services as usuall?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
please goa do something about the lag...When I was actively playing 5-6 months ago there was no lag at all, or maybe just once every 2 hours or so...Now I get 5-10 seconds lag every 5 minutes.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Thegreatest said:
please goa do something about the lag...When I was actively playing 5-6 months ago there was no lag at all, or maybe just once every 2 hours or so...Now I get 5-10 seconds lag every 5 minutes.

aww. the shame of it. :p most of us have been putting up with it form the past 8 to 10 months.. but hey cuase you have just come back to play you think you bust be number 1 on the list.. im sure.. 1 day it will be sorted.. GoA go though OT.. WoW gos though OT.. hang on
WoW = lag hell
DaoC = lag hell..
im senceing a patten here :eek: lets see if you can catch on :eek: and stop blameing a company for somthing they have no control over :p

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Im pretty tolerant with lag stuff on the whole but tonight was obscene.Had to just stop my group still against a zonewall for about 10 mins at one point as not one person in the group was getting less than 20 second lag.

DAOC:Europe has lag problems like NO other mmporg ive ever seen.

-If its your provider and they wont fix it, ditch them.
-If you cant because of a contract you must have a service level somewhere in that contract, make them stick to it
-If its your fault stand up take it on the chin say sorry.

Sort it,whoevers fault it is.Fast.Enough excuses, real or fictional.Im just praying to god its not the server itself or we'll be back to the old days of regular zone crashes post-cluster. :m00:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
aww. the shame of it. :p most of us have been putting up with it form the past 8 to 10 months.. but hey cuase you have just come back to play you think you bust be number 1 on the list.. im sure.. 1 day it will be sorted.. GoA go though OT.. WoW gos though OT.. hang on
WoW = lag hell
DaoC = lag hell..
im senceing a patten here :eek: lets see if you can catch on :eek: and stop blameing a company for somthing they have no control over :p

yes Milky I must be number 1 on the list, please Goa fix only the lag I experience please don't fix the others let them live with it I just came back I must be the only person playing daoc without lag!

djeez :touch:

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Thegreatest said:
yes Milky I must be number 1 on the list, please Goa fix only the lag I experience please don't fix the others let them live with it I just came back I must be the only person playing daoc without lag!

djeez :touch:

lol :) yeah yeah.. sorry dont mean to have a dig directly at you get getting board of all the lag threds :<

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
prydwen is unplayable anyway with all the warlocks about.

Whorelocks rox.. esp when then get killed by 4 or 5 of them in a grp.. and they laugh at you like they are skilled oe somthing :E

Gamah

Banned
UndyingAngel said:
Whorelocks rox.. esp when then get killed by 4 or 5 of them in a grp.. and they laugh at you like they are skilled oe somthing :E

Like this?

sshot2296zq.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
your lag is caused by; pick one

Your modem
Your ISP
Your computer
Some random network in Eastern Europe
Leaves on the line
The wrong sort of snow

It is not caused by the following
Goa's ISP
Goa's servers

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
except you can rule out every one of those except "Some random network in Eastern Europe" because the others affect 1 person, not every single person im playing with, sorry.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
TheBinarySurfer said:
-If its your provider and they wont fix it, ditch them.
-If you cant because of a contract you must have a service level somewhere in that contract, make them stick to it
:m00:

Can't they have a total monopoly.
No contract or service level agreement :(

Welcome to the world of Etisalat:twak:

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
You know the routine, send in pingplots so GOA can trace the problem and fix it!

Like they did last year... and err, the year before.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
enkor said:
except you can rule out every one of those except "Some random network in Eastern Europe" because the others affect 1 person, not every single person im playing with, sorry.
it was a joke, sorry.

S

Shazzbot

Raven said:

Your modem
Your ISP
Your computer
Leaves on the line
The wrong sort of snow

Goa's ISP
Goa's servers

LMAO!!!!

Leaves on the line - that sounds like my problem
thanks - making me laugh so hard I nearly pee'd myself :)

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Funny - Euro servers lag like hell and US servers= no lag... Let Goa blame opentransit if they want.

echekiel

Fledgling Freddie
i reported this lag 2weeks ago and they answer its not ur problem update ur Modem driver .... LOL

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its help rather than say omg the servers sux, to do a bit of diggin yourself.

Trying to investigate latency issues retrospectivly with no info to go on and no evidence of the problem is bad.

So you run a trace tool to the server when there is problems and record this info. Also get 2 or more friends in other countries to run the trace tool at the same time. compile the results.

Hell you can even escalate to the provider directly.

Most of the time its problems on the local PTT or a physical fault with a router or even bandwidth issues caused by surges of traffic in particular regions.

Its really isnt GOA's "job" to make sure the t'internet functions properly. They care enough about the quality of the service though to take these external networks problems on board.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
WoW = lag hell
DaoC = lag hell..

Ultima Online = NO LAG AT ALL SUCKERS !!!

Yeah it aint got fancy 3d graphics, but hey who cares it does not lag and there aint no freaking zergs , and it has all the 1v1 , 2v2 and so forth you could ever wish for...

Tilda

Justicator said:
Funny - Euro servers lag like hell and US servers= no lag... Let Goa blame opentransit if they want.

Because iirc to get to the US, you go through the internet node thing in london straight across the atlantic.
Its OT, they cant ditch them, as has been said 1000x before. EU servers for both wow and daoc are laggy as it goes through OT.

The sensible thing would be to run a tracing program while rvring so that OT can track down the problem faster, which means you get to play lag-free faster.
Or we can sit here, whine all day and bring out arguments like "its goa's job to sort the lag, I aint doing no freaking tracerts"

:rolleyes:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Because iirc to get to the US, you go through the internet node thing in london straight across the atlantic.
Its OT, they cant ditch them, as has been said 1000x before. EU servers for both wow and daoc are laggy as it goes through OT.

The sensible thing would be to run a tracing program while rvring so that OT can track down the problem faster, which means you get to play lag-free faster.
Or we can sit here, whine all day and bring out arguments like "its goa's job to sort the lag, I aint doing no freaking tracerts"

:rolleyes:

I would love to do traceroutes and network latency tests, the problem is i asked GoA if they could help me run some web stress tests during there staffs free time, so i can benchmark another companys website bandwidth.

I am expecting the following righnow reply:

"update your modem drivers"...

:m00:

Pihls

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

Your modem
Your ISP
Your computer
Leaves on the line
The wrong sort of snow

Goa's ISP
Goa's servers

on what planet are you currently ? its GOA isp problem.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
dont you mongs understand humour?

Bone's

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Like this?

sshot2296zq.jpg
lol

what u expect running solo, was more than one mid running around no doubt,

u have to look at how it is played, example Elitestoner and co camping mid dock, and basically on killing spree on there part (nice work btw) but how can you complain if u are all out on your own hoping to be able to bitch up a poor mid, and then laughing at him, Alb ruled for a time, then it was the hibs, and now because mid have got a char (no doubt nerf stick will hit them more than once) u whinge about it

Own sig Lots of Mid chars (CBA to sort sig out) semi retired while giving WoW a go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom