Providing cheats wrong?

Jjuraa

Banned
got into a discussion (read argument) with someone today about this.

the guy (Gimmly from midgard, for anyone who knows him) was in #prydwen.trade spamming:

«8:17:48 PM» <Daocguides> <snipped>

for anyone who wonders how i know this was Gimmly, A) he openly admits it and B) *Daocguides is ~sastevens@Gimmly.users.quakenet.org * Sam Stevens.

anyway. we got into an argument about it, and obviously he claims hes never used the cheats on live servers, just on other MMORPGs, and freeshard servers. and just knows several "cheat testers" etc.

He says hes just selling the cheats for educational purposes. and isnt responsible for people using them on live servers. i just wondered what people thought about this.

and before all the "but Jjuraa didnt you cheat omg?!" starts: yes i did, and i got banned for it. so lesson learned etc. but if anyone wants to flog a dead horse and whine at me then go ahead 0_o

Ebay link. *tut*

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Educational purposes? Haha :p
Well, don't really mind people providing the stuff, as they could be a lead to people using them, tho I guess goa aren't allowed to follow them around that mutch :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Well, don't really mind people providing the stuff, as they could be a lead to people using them, tho I guess goa aren't allowed to follow them around that mutch :p
You think that about drug dealers aswell? :p ;)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
1. you arent allowed to post ebay links on FH according to their rules mods will remove it when they see it

2. You cheated? If I remember correctly you said you didnt and it was lag this and lag that.

3. the person should be shot.

4. gl with progressive ;p

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Jjuraa said:
and before all the "but Jjuraa didnt you cheat omg?!" starts: yes i did, and i got banned for it. so lesson learned etc. but if anyone wants to flog a dead horse and whine at me then go ahead 0_o

give info!

Gamah

Banned
hahah gimmy is a tard :X, first he claims warlorks are balenced then becomes a cheater ;<

Jjuraa

Banned
Chimaira said:
1. you arent allowed to post ebay links on FH according to their rules mods will remove it when they see it

2. You cheated? If I remember correctly you said you didnt and it was lag this and lag that.

3. the person should be shot.

4. gl with progressive ;p

1. ah well, even without the link its still obvious hes selling cheats. and hes not exactly denying it.

2. even though i got banned, i still wanted to play the game. hard enough leveling a new pally from 1-50 without being shunned for being a cheat (although i was anyway in the end)

3. agree

4. cheers XD

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Jjuraa said:
2. even though i got banned, i still wanted to play the game. hard enough leveling a new pally from 1-50 without being shunned for being a cheat (although i was anyway in the end)
You could've picked a different nick to avoid some of the whines if you wanted ;p Also told me you didn't cheat, when you first returned after getting banned ;o

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
cant blame the seller for making money! but you can blame the buyer for using it to h4x!!1

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Your not the right person to bring this up ^^ (reason in your own post)

This has been going on for ages, doesn't matter who the guy is, GoA probley know about the cheats and keep a close eye out etc. The only losers here are the people who buy from this guy lose £5 and get there accounts perma banned.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
I have respect for the people who understand to manipulate the game-code and abuse / program cheats (Crackers)

I poor gasolin and throw matches at people who download the above people's programs and abusing-manuals (Script Kiddies)

Both parts should be shot, run trough the meatgrinder, burned and fed to the crocodiles tho

Jjuraa

Banned
Bubble said:
Your not the right person to bring this up ^^ (reason in your own post)

depending on your outlook, im either the least or most suitable person to bring up a thread like this.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It is up to Mythic/GOA to either fix all the bugs/exploits, or leave them in whilst monitoring them damn closely to use them as bait to ban anyone who uses them. If they don't fix the bugs then what do they expect?

Most of the exploits listed on the page probably don't work anymore because they have been fixed. The rest of them I'd say aren't currently fixed but are monitored closely (exp invulnerability spots).

Anyone stupid enough to buy this gets what they deserve.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Gimmly is an idiot, we all know this. In fact, it is for people like him the Warlock class was made--too clueless to be able to do anything with a proper class, all of a sudden he gets the opportunity to pwn using stupidly overpowered abilities. To see him selling cheats is no surprise, and from there the step to actually using the cheats himself must be tiny.

Angelus562

Regular Freddie
i say ban him/her for trying to gain money for selling his crappy guide and if he/she knows about them why does he/she not keep them 2 him/her self ??

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I believe something has been done about this, but the thread in question has been deleted (so perhaps this thread should be deleted or closed too?).

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
cant blame the seller for making money! but you can blame the buyer for using it to h4x!!1

hmm true to a degree but then tehrs the whole moral implications etc

im more intrested in the idea of selling "cheats", but just actually telling them something worthless like "u can laaag strafe, and theres a bug in xxx cave that sends u to aegir, thx for the £10 u paid for the cheats, bye" coz then they cant really report you "i, well, erm, i payed him £10, he is selling cheats :)"

Jjuraa

Banned
Morchaoron said:
cant blame the seller for making money!

apparently you can :) hes gotten banned. funny how hes denying selling cheats now...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
apparently you can :) hes gotten banned. funny how hes denying selling cheats now...

yeah well that was because he advertised it ingame, there is a big difference between doing it ingame and out of game ;p

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Morchaoron said:
yeah well that was because he advertised it ingame, there is a big difference between doing it ingame and out of game ;p
Not realy I said something stupid witch was a joke/insult then thats where I got fucked for the advertise of a sale of a third party app. And they didnt need evidance they can just banned because they realy dont like me.

This is they got me with could mean anything.

That coupled with:

[05/09/05 21:52:52] [Login IDMrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor look on ebay for user demon66666]
[05/09/05 21:52:58] [Login ID][Mrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor see what im selling nub]

And that coupled with your trackrecord of griefing, crossrealming and encounter stealing will convince everyone you wish to take the "Legal steps" with that it is a lost case.

You had a couple of warnings. This time you weren't going to get a warning anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom