Take a break and come race boats!

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
We'll be holding a regatta off Oceanus Hesperos this evening and we would like you all to come along and race!!!

Time: 7:00 GMT
Place: Oceanus Haven
What: A boat race! We set the course you bring the boats!

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for trying

Thx for trying to organize an event Zenythe. As much as we appreciate that, there might not be many participants. As Dardalion pointed out already most Hib specific activity is discussed on the Prydwen.net board and there you might see that we have an Artifact and a ML1 raid already competing for the attention of the few players who are active at the moment. Furthermore there might be a smart enemy saying "look they are on an event, let's raid their relic!" so you loose some more players to realm defense. The event coming on a very short notice doesn't exactly help either.
Anyway, thanks for trying, but you might consider to postpone it somewhat.

Merino, Champion
Yeyi, Mentalist

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Neither this or Pryd.net are official forums, we post here out of courtesy, and I will say the same thing here that I said when I got the same comments about the Mid event last time and the Alb event before that... we plan and schedule these things,they have to actually be scripted into the servers and in your message in one sentance you bring up opportunistic relic raids and in the next you say you want more notice... you can't have it both ways.

We run events for players who want to play them and we will continue to run them for people who want to play them.

No it won't be postponed, if it doesn't run tonight then there likely won't be a normal hib event until well after we launch Catas.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
personally speaking, i'd prefer if GOA would invest time in fixing the bloody lag than these events. IIRC there was a post in the friday news about 2 months ago that this was to be fixed hmmmmmmm.... come work for me i'll show u what working to a deadline and keeping the customer happy means

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Jupiter said:
personally speaking, i'd prefer if GOA would invest time in fixing the bloody lag than these events. IIRC there was a post in the friday news about 2 months ago that this was to be fixed hmmmmmmm.... come work for me i'll show u what working to a deadline and keeping the customer happy means
A couple of things.
1: Lag does not get fixed by the same people who write or run events. Running events in no way takes any resources away from network maintenance.
2: There are no problems reported in our networks at all currently. All indicators and all the servers and network monitors are entirely green. If you are getting lag it isn't coming from our network. The issues that we mentioned a couple of months ago in the news were fixed. There was a general problem with OT that we eventually got them to resolve. We got 1.71 out as fast as possible to resolve the lag caused by poor performance in the 1.70 network code, and then when we ad a hardware failure over the course of a weekend, we fixed it and gave people free game time as compensation. There was no single lag issue. There were several different thngs at different times. One was our fault and we fixed it and compensated people for it. One was nothing to do with us but we pressured the people who's fault it was until eventually they sorted it out. The last was unavoidable and we did everything we could to resolve it as fast as possible. If you are still getting lag, run a pingplot and see where it is coming from. If it's not coming from our network then we can't do anything about it even if we cancelled all events, stopped translating patches and transferred all the server GMs, dinner ladies, office cleaners and storyliners to the network maintenance team.

Merino

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for your reply

Zenythe said:
Neither this or Pryd.net are official forums, we post here out of courtesy ... we plan and schedule these things,they have to actually be scripted into the servers
Zenythe said:
We run events for players who want to play them and we will continue to run them for people who want to play them.

Please don't get me wrong, it is very much appreciated that you run an event for us to liven things up. The point I wanted to make however is, that there are many people (like me) who would like to participate, but due to the short notice could not participate as they had already entered a committment (helping out at ML1 in my case). As we have a low player base Pryd.net has become the tool to manage the scarce human ressources on Hib/Pryd and posting there might yield the biggest chance for GMs to actually reach a big part of your audience.

Zenythe said:
and in your message in one sentance you bring up opportunistic relic raids and in the next you say you want more notice... you can't have it both ways.

Yes, you are right.

Anyways, thanks again for hosting the event, even though I could not participate, but I heard over /as that the ones who could had a blast.

Merino/Yeyi

Reza

One of Freddy's beloved
Zenythe said:
we plan and schedule these things,they have to actually be scripted into the servers and in your message in one sentance you bring up opportunistic relic raids and in the next you say you want more notice... you can't have it both ways.

Strictly speaking this need not be the case. The above statement assumes that the notice given has to be full public notice that albs, mids and hibs all have equal access to. This surely needn't be the case, with notice for a hib event being give privately to hibs you could also give a lengthy notice without exasperating the above mentioned problem.

In essence we are talking about realms receiving information they dont really need and potentially using it to their advantage whilst at the same time providing a disincentive for the realm whom the information is aimed at to use it as intended and attend a goa event.

Be it through some form of ingame communication (pop up windows upon logging in etc), or email, or other private forum communication such as exists on pryd.net, it shouldnt be beyond GOA to provide a realm with decent notice of an event and provide it in a fashion (ie privately) such that the risk of participation in the event leading to negative outcomes for the realm are diminished.

Not only should it not really be too much to expect the notice to be given in such a fashion, but it really is easy to argue that it is in both GOA and the players interests for it to be so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom