Suggested Crafting changes.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
I've sent the following idea in on a feedback form to Mythic as it looks as though they are possibly going to look at crafting again. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions regarding it?

my idea said:
Crafting Changes.

Problems with crafting:

Low level crafters are not useful. It takes some time before a crafter is able to produce saleable items. Even if the crafter is only crafting to provide eqipment for himself, the time required does not make it feasible to keep a crafting skill at a level high enough to provide reasonable quality gear throughout his adventuring life. There is little point being a mid level crafter, you either push for LGM or really you needn't bother.

The following plan would resolve this and other issues with the current crafting system.

There are four crafting levels: Apprentice, Journeyman, Master and Grand Master. These are gained every 300 points of skill so 1-300 is an Apprentice, 301-600 for Journeyman, 601-900 for Master and 901-1200 for Grandmaster. Additionally there could be a Legendary Grandmaster for those who have capped skill as a prize to aim for. Recipes are split into these four crafting levels. At Apprentice level, you can make all basic recipes - afx0 and afx5 armour types, basic weapons, dyes, +stat gems, arrows etc in all material tiers. Recipes are coloured according to the material tier. Tiers 1-3 are green, 3-5 are blue 5-7 yellow, 8-9 orange and 10 red. They remain this colour regardless of your skill while you are an apprentice.

At Journeyman level, new recipes become available and all Apprentice recipes become grey. These are the advanced armour and weapon types (for example Boned armour or Scaled Plate, +resist gems, jambiyyas, staves etc). Again the recipes are a fixed colour depending on the material tier.

At Master level more advanced recipes become available (exceptional weapons, +skill gems, instruments etc) and all Journeyman recipes become grey and so on for Grandmaster (legendary weapon types, full plate, focus gems etc).

All quality variance on coloured items is in the 94-99 range with an even chance of each. On grey items there is a 2% chance of an MP with an even chance otherwise of any quality between 97-99. At Grandmaster level you have a 2% chance of a MP on any item regardless of recipe level. Perhaps capped crafters could have a 3% MP chance.

Under this system, a starting crafter can potentially be useful at lower skill levels without taking away the advantage a highly skilled crafter will have. Issues such as Armourcrafters needing a Tailor are also solved as Armourcrafters could then produce all their own underpinnings without negating the use of Tailors for producing quality af51/102 cloth and leather armour for sale.

Secondary crafting skills would be capped at a crafting level rather than a percent of the main level. For example Armourcrafters could be Master Tailors and Weaponsmiths but only Journeyman Fletchers.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
I've sent the following idea in on a feedback form to Mythic as it looks as though they are possibly going to look at crafting again. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions regarding it?
Thats a Very good idea tbh :)
hopefully they will use those ideas :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Looks good. I'd suggest posting it on the DAOC Tradeskills ezboard forum if you've not.

Darzil

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Great one m8!

Things Id like to see added:

Ability to get materials form drops only, not from salvage or merchants. /forage or /dig too, like on Ryzom.

LGM (called) crafters getting special abilities. Eg. An LGM ACer making 1 tier higher items with 6 imbue slots, like TOA Armour.

All crafters having a unique ability that cannot be found on dropped items.

ACers being able to take tailoring to 90%, so they can make their own linings, but not the top tier items or MP.

The costs and difficulty making SC gems and alchy items reduced, buying nine billion of one item each make is insane.

Reduced costs for making items 1 to 999, after that more expensive.

Prob more, thats all that comes to mind now....

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Well thought out and very well explained. I hope that they take your idea on board and this should make Crafting a bit more fun in a way. At least at the low levels it wont feel like ure waisting your life away for nothing.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Nice ideas, and I really do hope that mythic makes at least some (positive) changes to the system.

I would also very much like to see stackable, quicker (to produce) and cheaper potions, as most are currently completely infeasible to use and especially craft, making alchs one of the even more useless crafters at the low-mid range.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
What I don't really like about crafting is that lower than 99% quality is completely unsellable. Not only is the DPS lower, but the negative impact on imbuepoints is huge as well.

An idea could be that quality affects damage / AF or absorb, but that only item level would affect imbue value. Just as it is with normal drops now. A sword with the same stats can drop at 92-99% quality.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
yes I didnt read all of it
increase chances of getting a MP piece AND decrease crafting timers :touch:

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Very nice stuff here. Lets hope that Mythic sucks up some of your wisdom. The crafting as it is now sure needs a facelift.

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
very interesting indeed.
Would make crafting more popular to.
and I like the capping of you're skill give special abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom