Which class have you settled with?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Jerbear said:
hey all i cant post threads yet but i just wanted to know what is better a frost mage or a fire mage???? thanx guys :worthy:
I usually don't reply to people that has a key stuck on their keyboard. (question mark in your case, caps-lock is another common example) but wth:

Try both out.

You can buy as many skills as you want, and if you cough up the cash, you can respec talents to your liking.

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
Deacan said:
Gnome Warrior.

Or Orc Shaman.

Gnome warriors your seriously asking for it....
check out wowvault they have a set of which race/class is suited..... str/hlth/mana/etc etc
gnome warrior is not a good choice/combo..... :eek2:

Helter

Fledgling Freddie
L0stS0ul said:
Gnome warriors your seriously asking for it....
check out wowvault they have a set of which race/class is suited..... str/hlth/mana/etc etc
gnome warrior is not a good choice/combo..... :eek2:
Race doesn't really matter once you start gaining some levels. I seriously doubt you'll ever feel the difference later on.
I think it's safe to say that you can pick race based on looks alone and you will do just fine.
And, oh, gnomes have a quite cool "break free" ability that shouldn't be looked down upon. :)

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Race doesn't matter at all statwise. More hp might be usefull in the first 15 levels, but once you get 50+ what does 40hp mean over say 3k hp? not much ;)

Racial abilitys are the thing you want to consider when picking a race, altough every race has its own good abilitys - stoneform rocks, shadowmeld is very handy, escape artist very good ability in pvp, humans mace/sword spec.

It's just a matter of preference, in WoW there's no way you can gimp your character by choosing the wrong race

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Nope, I seem to remember that your base stamina doesn't actually effect your hp gain as you level, only stamina from items increases hps.

Gnomes actually get the best racial trait that alliance have, most of them suck. Stoneform isn't bad I guess vs rogues crippling poison but that's about the only use I can see for it.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i think Escape Artist is VERY overrated, needs to be instant imo

or uninteruptable

Helter

Fledgling Freddie
Active Racial Traits (Alliance):

Dwarves: Stoneform - Activate to gain immunity to poison, disease, and bleed + 5% AC bonus - lasts 20 sec - 3 min cooldown

Gnomes: Escape Artist - Activate to break out of a Root or Snare effect - 1.5 sec cast - 1 min cooldown

Humans: Perception - Activate to increase stealth detection radius by 10 yards - lasts 20 sec - 3 min cooldown

Night Elves: Shadowmeld - Activate while immobile and out of combat to enter stealth mode - lasts until canceled - no cooldown

Active Racial Traits (Horde):

Orcs: Blood Fury - Activate to increase Strength by 25% but take 5% health loss every 3 seconds - lasts 20 sec - 2 min cooldown

Tauren: War Stomp - Activate to stun opponents within 5 yards - lasts 2 sec - 2 min cooldown

Trolls: Berserking - Activate when "Wounded" to increase melee and spellcasting speed by 25% - lasts 20 sec - 2 min cooldown

Undead: Will of the Forsaken - Activate to become immune to fear, sleep, and charm effects - lasts 20 sec - 3 min cooldown

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I think the racial abilitys are pretty balanced atm, will of the forsaken might be a bit stronger than the rest of it but the rest is balanced.

Sh33p

Fledgling Freddie
Not really; Perception, Shadowmeld, Beserking are all worthless, blood fury pretty much the same, would only be worth it if you had a lot of str with a 2hander, can't say I've ever seen stoneform used.

War Stomp & WotF are uber in comparison.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Sh33p said:
Not really; Perception, Shadowmeld, Beserking are all worthless, blood fury pretty much the same, would only be worth it if you had a lot of str with a 2hander, can't say I've ever seen stoneform used.

War Stomp & WotF are uber in comparison.

there is no doubt that Wotf is über, but i must admit i love shadow meld aswell, it may not be good in Fg vs fg combat but its nice for soloers etc.

wotf should be on a 10 min timer or so, would make it abit more fair :)

Gatts

Fledgling Freddie
Played alot of different toons, and liked them all to be honest, but will start the game with a troll rogue, but will surely make alot more toons so I like em ALL. Only warlock is abit less appealing to me but surely for alot of people a fun class to play.

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm falling in love with Gnomes, they are cute & deadly! Sofar I tried out a lot of Alliance-chars and I'm gonna stick with dwarves/gnomes, for me they are the most fun to play.
Maghica FireMage/Gnome 18 Tailor/Enchanter
Roxane GunHunter/Dorf 11 Engineer/Miner
Cruella Warlock/Gnome 10 Leatherworks/Skinner
Ambrosia IceMage/Human 10 Alchemist/Herbs

The Horde doesn't have female chars that are pleasing to the eye (my eye) I wouldn't feel very happy playing a big Mooooo...but I'll try it ...someday

Macke

Fledgling Freddie
I love my little Gnome girl with pink hair :) just love it when she kills a Tauren who is 5 times her size :clap:

But they seems happy when they get a hug after :wub:

Mat

Fledgling Freddie
i want to go Druid but i've been hearing alot of bad reviews from US about them at a later stage in the game so i'm not sure...

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Mat said:
i want to go Druid but i've been hearing alot of bad reviews from US about them at a later stage in the game so i'm not sure...
Here's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge tip that'll save you a lot of pain:

Don't take anything the US players are saying on the WoW-boards without a truck load of salt.

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Rogue for me, haven't decided on gnome/undead yet. Was an easy choice since I don't like playing casters and enjoy solo PvP.

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
I decided to keep my tauren shammy for retail but now im not so sure, i got to 41 about 3 days ago and i havnt been on since, think i may have overplayed it abit, kinda lost interest. Might make a UD Rogue and see what their like :eek:

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
was gonna make a gnome warrior in release so didnt wanna spoil the fun so roled a mage and omg how fun is a mage!!! got to lvll 34 now and absolutly love it :) not to mention i look damn sexy in my lil dress :x

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
Jerbear said:
hey all i cant post threads yet but i just wanted to know what is better a frost mage or a fire mage???? thanx guys :worthy:
i've gone all fire up to 33 dunno if this is any good or not but i havent had any problems. 10% to stun with firespells 10% chance to crit pyroblast fireblast i lov eem all :)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going for Human Rogue.
Just loved assassin in Diablo2 and the rogue feels quite like it.
And female/human because they look nice :)

Will prolly play it like a merc-infil in DAoC when I level up and respec to assassin style (more ambush/backstab oriented) when I hit 60.

Swifti

Fledgling Freddie
Playing a Human Warlock in FB. I cant find any other class i can really get into. Going to try gnome in retail.

Siven

Fledgling Freddie
After trying almost every class, i have decided on a Rogue. With a mage alt, and maybe a druid alt :)

Been duoing with my brothers rogue in FB and really like it. Good thing too as i never got around to leveling a rogue in DAoC and always wanted to.

Oidche

Fledgling Freddie
My main is going to be a Night Elf Huntress with Skinning and Leatherworking. I have this PC started on an account of a guildmate, but now that I got into the open beta I'm goint to try out a few other classes. I tried an Undead Warlock but didn't really like it (I got that huntress to lvl 16, and a warlock feels rather 'weak'), so now I'm going to start a Night Elf Druid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom