Insta kicked to Windows

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
I have a descent comp and a good ISP. I could handle the first weeks of NF with the large zergs without LDs. After the last patch I get insta kicked to windows after a couple of minutes in NF. Insta as in no lag warning, no loading or anything just POP...windows. Anyone had the same problem?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Kicked out in windows..

Same thing happend to me a couple of times... aswell as when i leave the game and go afk for 2-3 huors and return, it is in Windows more... its wired... dono why..

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
This happened to a lot of people this patch in the US

There is no simple solution

However here is a checklist :

Update your drivers to the latest versions :

Display (www.ati.com or www.nvidia.com or maybe even www.s3graphics.com if your unlucky.) I would however recommend www.omegadrivers.net (i think thats the address, they are modified ati/nvidia drivers)
Sound (www.creative.com or www.viaarena.com for ac97)
Chipset (www.viaarena.com or www.nvidia.com, or maybe even www.ati.com) Ofc this depends on your chipset
Directx (www.microsoft.com/directx - dont try www.directx.com lol)

Last thing before checking memory is increasing page file size to twice your memory size.

If all of these have been updated and you are still having the same problem then you are looking towards it being a memory problem, as this is what it was with my system. Do a google search for memtest x86 and run this. If it finds an error it should also tell you which stick of memory it is, remove this stick of memory and i bet it solves the problem. this was the case for a lot of people on US servers. Thread can be found here : http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=65205948&start=81023127 )

Let me know how you get on

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Big thanx. Will have a update everthing day tomorrow then.

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
I have epox 8KDA3J motherboard any idea what chipset that has or how can i find out..?Is it Nvidia?

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Let me know how you get on
After cleaning of inside of computer, update of directx and increased size of page file it seems to work. Havent been in much RvR yet where the biggest problems has been.

Will get back if it occurs again.

A

I've tried everything on that list and more. I bought new RAM, reinstalled windows, updated my drivers, pretty much everything short of a reformat, which I am going to try tomorrow. If anybody has figured it out, help please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom