Patching from EU to US

- English -

Resident Freddy
I read in a previous post that by changing the EU server (realmlist) to this : set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com : would make it patch to the US servers?. Although, when trying to test my brothers account, it is still on the EU server base.

When loading up the game for the first time, I had it with the EU realm list, then by trying his details, it started to do a little update. Now by chaning the realmlist to the US, there is no change and I still cannot access the account.

Can anyone help me?

tnx

Swifti

Fledgling Freddie
No :p

But seriously someone please help him cus i wanna know if his comp runs it :D

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Err, the directions are from going to US beta to EU beta, which according to most people, works fine.

Going the other way might not work - note that when you do change the realm list, the login screen will not change.... even though you're connenction to US servers, you're still gonna see the EU login information displayed (server status, etc)

egol

Fledgling Freddie
I posted that post :) and it works for me.
The thing you've done wrong is. You've patched the EU patch while you updated ur WoW having ur realmlist set to the EU server. To fix this problem. Reinstall the game and set that realmlist to US before launching WoW. This worked to me though.

Greets

Delania

Loyal Freddie
I think he wants to change from EU to USA. Might be worng but thats how i read it

- English -

Resident Freddy
egol said:
I posted that post :) and it works for me.
The thing you've done wrong is. You've patched the EU patch while you updated ur WoW having ur realmlist set to the EU server. To fix this problem. Reinstall the game and set that realmlist to US before launching WoW. This worked to me though.

Greets

just done that and it didnt work - i got the message - handshaking, and 10seconds later saying it was unable to connect.

My history is i downloaded the EU closed Beta, and want to patch it over to the USA servers so i can try my brothers account (to see if it works, as i have a shite computer).

SilverHood

FH is my second home
This may seem like a stupid question, but has your brother got a retail copy of the US game, activated and working?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
- English - said:
If he did i wouldnt have downloaded it ;)

Sorry, so what you're saying is, if your brother had a US retail copy, you wouldn't have downloaded it.
Seeing as he doesn't, how do you plan on conecting to US servers?

Or am I just pointing out the obvious?

Swifti

Fledgling Freddie
Since im bored waiting for my new CD key from ebay, ill answer the question for him since hes going all hardcore on WoW atm. :)

his brother downloaded WoW and then bought a CD key, English here downloaded the EU WoW for beta, but wanted to try WoW before beta to test if his computer handles it. Hes now managed to connect to the US servers atm and is making me jellous :(

Swifti

Fledgling Freddie
ive just got myself a US acc also because im bored. i changed my realmlist to us1.ect but was still unable to connect. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom