WoW servers in scandinavia

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
Is that a good or a bad thing? :wij:

The less routers i have to pass through when connecting the better imo :D

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
They will host servers in Paris too according to that link.

Were the US servers locked by region, as Blizzard were planning too start them?
They had better not try it in Europe :p

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Weeee, now to just figure out which server will be situated in Stockholm :D :D

Having Telia as my ISP will hopefully provide me with some beneficial connection. ;) :p

peder

Fledgling Freddie
thats is greates news i have a freind who works at telia and im sure i will get good connections.

xplo. that is good news. teliasonera is good company with adsl and so.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Have you seen how oddly some ISPs route connections? I've gone from England to France, across to America then back to France to connect to Euro DAoC servers 0o

In short, don't get yer hopes up :p

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
peder said:
thats is greates news i have a freind who works at telia and im sure i will get good connections.

xplo. that is good news. teliasonera is good company with adsl and so.

Any Swedish ISP who doesn't give at least 8Mbit ADSL anymore in Sweden?

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf Swedish people and their infrastructure!!

Hmm, any good job and housing to move there? :D

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Nerf Swedish people and their infrastructure!!

Hmm, any good job and housing to move there? :D

Yes I know our infrastructure rules :D

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
Yes I know our infrastructure rules :D

On the topic now: Any good job & housing for a greek wanting to run away from our mediocre infrastructure (mediocre is an overstatement tbh!) :D

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Das_Hibbie said:
Any Swedish ISP who doesn't give at least 8Mbit ADSL anymore in Sweden?

not that I know of :)

might be someone providing through cable tv networks that doesnt provide that high .... yet :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Ilienwyn said:
On the topic now: Any good job & housing for a greek wanting to run away from our mediocre infrastructure (mediocre is an overstatement tbh!) :D
There's lots of greek restaurants around, if that floats your boat.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well since we are both EU countries there is nothing preventing a greek from coming to work and live in sweden if he wants to, well, except the fact that we have a high unemployment rate currently, so actually finding a job might be difficult, as it is for us swedes as well.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Grimmen said:
not that I know of :)

might be someone providing through cable tv networks that doesnt provide that high .... yet :)

Well I know for a fact ComHem sux and they promise 8mbit but my friend who has it only gets 3mbit when its sunny and downhill :D
He usually have about 256kbit or 512kbit average.

But they use old crappy technology from what I've heard.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
Well I know for a fact ComHem sux and they promise 8mbit but my friend who has it only gets 3mbit when its sunny and downhill :D

lol thats wrong he shouldnt even have too pay for that :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
If you're talking about ComHem cable then it's not surprising if more in his house have the same.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Rather Telia than GOA (and having server on country next to you is nice too :p )

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Felia is the worst company I have ever encountered, but having the servers here in Sweden can't hurt.

Frols

Fledgling Freddie
We are the swedes lower your virusprotection and we will add your servers to our collective.

nice to be living in stockholm :) to bad i dont have telia but anyways 8/1 connection will have to do,

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Fook... That means we will have the same bloody Opentransit problems with WoW as we have with DAoC :puke:

Why oh why does mmorpg companies insist on placing servers in france when it is the equivalent of a third world country when talking backbone maintanance? :touch:

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:

Actually I use the 8Mbit Cable from Comhem and never have a download rate of 900KB/s if it's from a good server :eek:

Even capped at higher speed than I pay for, got 1.1MB/s while DLing a few weeks ago ;)

While BBB adsl 8Mbit never reaches those numbers from what I've seen ;)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
They will host servers in Paris too according to that link.

Were the US servers locked by region, as Blizzard were planning too start them?
They had better not try it in Europe :p

They even removed the regions to make people spread out more, it is just 1 loooong realm list now

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Hrogar said:
Felia is the worst company I have ever encountered, but having the servers here in Sweden can't hurt.

Whats so bad about them?

I have had Telia ever since they first launched their ADSL connection. Under that time which should be what, 3-4 years maybe I have only had longer downtime one time and that was during the first 6 months when it went down 2 days I believe.

imho Telia might not be the cheapest ISP and maybe not even the fastest, but they have been by far the most stable ISP with best uptime and the speed on connection is always what concurrent to what I should have.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
basicaly it means that TeliaSonera will handle the hosting of WoW servers in their offices based in Paris (so no Opentransit).

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Why oh why does mmorpg companies insist on placing servers in france

because the 3 first european video game companies are french (Ubi Soft, Vivendi, Infograme)
Blizzard Entertainment is a division of a french company : Vivendi Universal Games

For DAOC, GOA had the flair to figure out the first that there was a big market in Europe for the MMORPGs if you localize them.

Fana said:
when it is the equivalent of a third world country when talking backbone maintanance? :touch:

Opentransit sucks but there are other companies that have got backbones in Europe (and in France). Ie : TeliaSonera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom