Reason why they took down the servers this morning

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Seems that some people found a bug that didnt leave them any choice but to take down the servers...

Any1 know what this is all about?
german news

Seems they banned people to avoid a rollback

Added news on english pages now...

Gesp

Fledgling Freddie
u know instruments can be placed on walls after patch.. but they were bugged, they got duped when u clear them of wall. ppl exploited this are banned/suspended and its fixed now.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
So will the banned ones be perma-banned or are they just banned so goa can remove the things they got by cheatin?

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Doubt they'll perma ban, the exploit was something a lot would have stumbled across by accident and prolly a lot of peeps would have duplicated stuff without even knowing it.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah would be rather lame. But hey... Its GoA... :eek:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Archon said:
Yeah would be rather lame. But hey... Its GoA... :eek:
Yes no other company has ever had a problem with patching a game..

get a grip :eek:

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Faeldawn said:
Doubt they'll perma ban, the exploit was something a lot would have stumbled across by accident and prolly a lot of peeps would have duplicated stuff without even knowing it.

duplicating once or twice isn't a problem i think, but there most likely are a few people who started doing it for their own gain and they might be perma banned as they knew for sure that this was exploiting a bug.
Off course can never e sure if this happened, but I doubt that no one has been exploiting this bug.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
duplicating once or twice isn't a problem i think, but there most likely are a few people who started doing it for their own gain and they might be perma banned as they knew for sure that this was exploiting a bug.

I suggest they might better focus their efforts on the 'cheaters' using crafting macros and radars before banning people for exploiting a flaw in the code they should have ensured was fixed before patching the servers.

Twisted

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
I suggest they might better focus their efforts on the 'cheaters' using crafting macros and radars before banning people for exploiting a flaw in the code they should have ensured was fixed before patching the servers.

He got a point ... a good one.

living

Fledgling Freddie
i dont mind they banned them, people shouldent use the exploits if they dont wanna be banned. we better off without them. And bugs happen u cant make a flawless game unless u spend years and years develloping it.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Couldnt see it in English, so ran it thru a translator, not very good but...

general
Maintenance working terminated [2004-4-02]
All European servers are now again available. We had driven down it today morning in order to remove a mistake, to initiate, that had appeared with the version 1.65, and simultaneously sanction against all players, to exploit the night past this mistake to its personal advantage tried. Through this action and the immediate banning of all players, that misused the mistake this morning, we could one „roll cheek", a putting back of the data on yesterday afternoon, avoid.
We would like to refer you on this occasion once again on that, log on accepts that your with that on our servers each time the EULA and obligates you therefore among other things not to exploit mistake in the game and to report this immediately.
We excuse ourselves for the unpleasantness, that caused this mistake.
Your DAoC team

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Couldnt see it in English, so ran it thru a translator, not very good but...

general
Maintenance working terminated [2004-4-02]
All European servers are now again available. We had driven down it today morning in order to remove a mistake, to initiate, that had appeared with the version 1.65, and simultaneously sanction against all players, to exploit the night past this mistake to its personal advantage tried. Through this action and the immediate banning of all players, that misused the mistake this morning, we could one „roll cheek", a putting back of the data on yesterday afternoon, avoid.
We would like to refer you on this occasion once again on that, log on accepts that your with that on our servers each time the EULA and obligates you therefore among other things not to exploit mistake in the game and to report this immediately.
We excuse ourselves for the unpleasantness, that caused this mistake.
Your DAoC team

it was on the english part :
All servers are now back up. We had to do an emergency maintenance this morning due to the possibility of a serious bug exploit with the patch 1.65. This bug is now fixed and actions will be taken against the players who abused it for personal gain. This is very easy to track for us and they will be (are already for most of them) found.

Once again, and especially due to situations like this one, we remind you of the Code of Conduct and EULA which you agree to respect every time you connect to the European servers of Dark Age of Camelot : NEVER abuse bugs and if you happen to find something "strange", report it as soon as possible.

We are sorry for the small interruption of service this morning and the inconvenience this may have caused.

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1776

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
if it is as said above I imagine the people that did it once or twice will probably just have the items deleted

the people that were doing it for an hour to create hundreds of items will be gone - byebye! and quite right too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom