True Blue UI - New Frontiers Update

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I've updated my UI in time for New Frontiers, and also fixed a couple of little bugs with the old version, and improved it in general.

It keeps the custom graphics and the toggleable custom windows. I've improved the:
Healer's Helper
Pet window
Command window
Mini Group window
And most importantly, the maps - they are of every zone in the game, and have lots of artifact encounter/ToA ML information as well as dungon maps. I also have also included maps of the New Frontiers zones.

Screenshot

Download

My thanks to Kallisti and Derida for much of the textures/mapping, as well as those that inspired the original UI. Also thanks to Ama for hosting it :clap:

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
Nice, but i like original Deep Blue UI more :) any idea if there's update for it for NF to ? :)

Jenson

Fledgling Freddie
I like it alot and the map choice is great and very detailed, Thanks :worthy:

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Thats the same as the Derida UI lol. just everything change'd to blue really^^
Edit: well its nice... i like Derida UI color more tho :) keep the good work up making more nice UI's

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I've never seen the Derida UI...

Anyone got a link to it?

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Bah missed edit timer - google works wonders ;)

Intriguing - I haven't actually seen Derida's UI before - I took the maps from an Italian UI site that credited Kallisti and Derida so figured I should do the same. My UI is an adaptation of the Deep Blue Atlantis UI on www.daocmods.com that is based on the Vantage skin afaik. I added the smaller command/custom windows from mods downloaded from daocmods again, although neither were credited as being from Derida's UI or by Derida. The only thing that was done by Derida was the RR list/names.

Interesting how its basically been split up and rehashed to be almost identical... :eek6:

Ponderings over now, if you like a funky graphic on the Derida UI - come and get it :clap:

Xurio

Fledgling Freddie
Novac said:
Thats the same as the Derida UI lol. just everything change'd to blue really^^
Edit: well its nice... i like Derida UI color more tho :) keep the good work up making more nice UI's

i remember this UI out way before Derida was out.. so before u post retarded shit.. think!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Rothzak - I used to get that when I added certain mods, and I have no idea why it is :( It just seems to be with some UI mods/textures but not others.

You can try the forums at www.daocmods.com if you want as it seems to be a general problem with lots of UIs rather than a specific one.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
How do you install the UI mod?
I have unpacked the files but do not know where to put them.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Unzip them to your ToA/UI folder - it will set up a folder called Custom. Then go into the options on the character selection screen when you load up daoc and choose custom skin under the skin choice :)

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Xurio said:
i remember this UI out way before Derida was out.. so before u post retarded shit.. think!

How did u post retarded shit ? I just told him that this UI's is almost the same but everything blue and keep up the good work making nice UI's. well what ever... looks like your the retard here.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Thx m8. I will try it :)

Naetha said:
Unzip them to your ToA/UI folder - it will set up a folder called Custom. Then go into the options on the character selection screen when you load up daoc and choose custom skin under the skin choice :)

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
Works fine. I like it :)
Especially the Healer windows.....rocks :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
had to change the stats (str/con/dex/hits/etcetc) window (didn't like the layout) and gonna replace the pet window too (too wide etc) ...
I think you missed the Consignment Merchant window and the Search Result windows tho, they still look like the origianl ToA ones (ugly)...
appart from that, very nice ...

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna try it when i get home from work <7hours left>.
Nice one.
If it looks alot like another UI it isn't insta-coppied btw. tbh.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
I think you missed the Consignment Merchant window and the Search Result windows tho, they still look like the origianl ToA ones (ugly)...

Yeah, I'm still working on that one... I'll try and fix it when I get a spare minute in between the million and one things I have going on atm ;)

I was also thinking of adding a qbar extension with sprint, stick and face on it that you can just tag onto the end of your current qbar. Do you think you'd find this useful? If so, which custom window would you like deleting as I'm all out of them ;)
Also how useful do people find the movable target info window? (the one that shows the enemy's name/HPs when you click on him, similar to the one at the base of the summary window). Personally I found it just got annoying and stopped using it after a couple of weeks.

Any other comments please post as I'm trying to make this as user-friendly as possible :)

mordia

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt really like the skin as the mini window with your hp, end etc. is way too big for my liking (bottom right corner on the screenshot).

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha... Been using it for a little while now and I like it:)

Pet window. One question. Is the "Here" button needed. As someone else stated this window IS rather wide. I recon removing this would harm noone (I do not play pet chars a lot, feel free to enlighten me if "Here" has a advantage over passive in any way).

The overall look is nice, and the /custom bar I actually tend to use more then I should.

You COULD consider making a /siege bar as well and add it to command bar, but after all I have to have SOMETHING on qbar 6...

For some reason the maps load a lot easier on this compared with my 3-4 resent skins... Detail is still good enough for me. The maps I got is lacking horse routes in the new housingzones, but that is SO a not big deal.

However... Is it just me doing everything all wrong or are there no "gamma setting" on the healers window?

I have grown accustom to use such windows in combinination with /assist t% (so that I can assist everybody, not just a MA), so I perfer to use the "large" one rather than the mini:) The handy /face button is also very nice when this noob is running around trying to find out where that kiting healer which need your help is:). So A+ for functionallity.

But the look of the whole Healer window IS kinda squarish and too "solid" if you take my meaning. At least with gamma you have the option of fading it a little bit... I would personally perferred a reduced size to... say 70%'ish, (resizable would be the best ofc) if I could choose. It it technically possible change theese things on a (from what I understand) custom made window?

I think I can do all my "improvements" myself if someone confirm it is tecnhically doable. But I havn't taken time to learn to mod yet. Prolly easy enough though?

Last quick question. Is there anyway to reduce size of buff icons?

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
chalaim said:
Works fine. I like it :)
Especially the Healer windows.....rocks :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Would like to add a developer request to add End on to the healers helper, Probably more use to Hibbies so bards can see when to switch songs better :)

the only problem i have is some of the maps arnt in english.. esp the ML dungeon ones.. kinda spoiled it for me.. have you got blank copies of the maps with no names on them? then i can add my own names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom