Last Goodbye from Mati/Tyka/Don/Diu

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know where to begin but I guess this doesn't come as a surprise to many of you..

Anyways, here goes..

DAoC been fun, don't think there is anyone in this game that done anything that I've not done 10 times already, the game for me was all about challenges, as long as there was enemies to beat and monsters to kill, I would be there to try it all out, in a way or another..

First time experience was ofcourse most fun with the game release itself, and with DF/SI/ToA there came new and more challenging stuff but the reward was more or less the same, which I still enjoy but I guess there are more fun things in RL that makes me realise that exactly all the time I spent home has been wasted. Sure you save cash and have great gaming experience, as long as you don't know what's out there, guess I found it out now..

Raking in the rps and getting "known" gives alot of people a thrill, but 90% of you doesn't know that the week you stop getting them phat rps and rvr groups, ppl will forget you and the only memories left are you + a some screenshots you got on your computer, getting the same attention in RL is what I value 10 times more right now.. guess there also will be a day when I grow tired of doing that, like with everything else..

I'll remember the good times I've had with all the great people I've met, but it will always be a pain for me that I could have done all the same stuff in RL and have had great memories from it when I get older, who will care in 10 years that I met a nice guy called Angara in Emain Macha in a game called DAoC and we had a nice fight with Albions? Yeah well you get my point, my way of thinking. Nice to have screenshots and all, guess I thought that I'll show them to my grandkids in 50 years when they ask me what I did with my youth.. naw..

Don't understand me wrong I've had great time in the game, but for me to be able to have FUN and enjoy the game 100% is to be the best, I wont be happy with being #2, and if you're going to be on top all the time you have to spend too much time, which I can't offer for the game anymore cause of other priorities.

Always told my friends that there always will be someone that is better than you, I realised that myself just recently.. but as long as it lasted I guess it was good to be #1, some of you might say I think in a wierd way but the people that spent time with me and got under my skin for a longer time know exactly what I'm talking about ;)

Ah well, been building up alot of stuff around me, and each day that passes makes me realise more and more that it was all wasted in a way or another, after all it's just a game, imagine spending your energy in something that really could help you irl..

For me loyalty was always #1 priority in this game, as long as you had friends that stick up for you, you'd be ahead of everyone.. made me realise that alot of people are your best friends when you're on the top, but when you suddenly go inactive for a while there is always another hot shot that needs his ass licked .. and who want's to make friends with you when there is nothing to be achieved out of it all? Yeah well don't forget that it's just a game..

Won't say that I will never get back, but if I ever will do, I will come back with another alias and be a random joe, I won't sell my account either unless I get some really serious bid, but as it stands now there is just too much time spent on this account to put a price on..

I wont play another game, at least nothing that is online and and definetly not another MMORPG, daoc was a life experience and I dont need another game to confirm to me what it means to play a game like that.. or the feelings involved..

The other times I've quit, I always felt like "I must quit because daoc is taking alot of my RL time", this time I feel something like "internet is shit and I gain nothing out of it..", well I can't describe it fully, but it's definetly different than before, let's see how it goes..

Going to mention some of the people that made an impact on me while playing this game, some more than others but still worth to mention..

Angara - First guy that understood my way of thinking and also made me realise that you can be right and everyone else can be wrong, words can not describe how much I owe you for the time we spent together.

Trent - Loyalty above all, great person.

Nafta + Sguall - Nothing sneaked past us 3 when it came to friendship, the times we had spent together was absolutely the best.

Cjkace - Big heart, will never forget the fun times we had PvEing.

Gilead - Always quiet but always there when I needed you, great friend.

Shyann/Archan - Like you lots, although you fucked off too many times without saying goodbye.

Magol - Keep it up, great guy that you always can count on.

Kranes - Top guy, the amount of times you helped me & sticked up for me won't be forgotten.

Others I can't mention or don't have any words for but still was there and made me enjoy the game in way or another, you know how and when ;)

Kelem, Norme, Madral, Seamus, Mikael, Zmeul, Bigbird, Noxxy, Novamir, Tzee, Tdaer, Salazar, Fozznl, Ice, Tali, Harle, Crey, Gjiinn, Diab, Qte, Balrog, Medikto, Ziva, Freppe, Malaganta, Aragvain, Sheph, Domain, Bitte, Qari, Windchaser, Deygos, Garax, Fade, Avi, Dore, Skyrie, Tua, Aluv, Gunz, Freud, Amadon, Aeleea, Vy, Lunabel, Yannis, Lafe, Robot, Heldiges, Coj, Nolin, Niar, Fame, Pbuck, Horlely, Mistle, Catchme..

Could say alot about you, but you all know the good times we had and that's all that matters :)

Big thanks to the people who helped me to make VGN what we wanted it to be, until this day we still remain #1.

To the people who stood by me when times were tough - Thank you.

I'll still hang about on irc/msn for a while if someone wants a word or two, sub on daoc runs out in 2 months so who knows, maybe I'll run a "last run" with some of you guys..

Take care, life goes on ..

Freud

Fledgling Freddie
thx for the fun old man !! :D

you will always be a great person :D
and i'll talk to ya when you are at work or smth :D

my main kn33gr0w ...... and never forget the

PK PK PK PK PK PK :worthy:

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie
Great post

Glad to hear u finally managed to quit :)
You have archieved alot in daoc and should be proud of it.

But as u said, RL > daoc.

Good luck :) I know we will keep contact and keep talking shit over msn :)

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
what wot said tbh , be proud of what u done. A Charismatic milestone in hibernia! That stucks hes belive and hes ideas no matter how wrong or right it is.

Good luck to what ever u do Tyka! gr8 man =)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
take care tyka, even tho we never really were friends it was fun grouping in toa and stuff :)

good luck with r, if you can show the same dedication there as you have showed ingame you'll be allright :p

/w

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
the crowd is going wild, tyka has left \o/

lamest reply ever

tought you had more brains but guess i was wrong :eek7:

the best irl m8 and gl in everythin you do :worthy: :worthy:

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck T, you made the right choice!

You can find me on msn =)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Does that mean i can keep the ruby deathbringer bow you lent me 2 years ago? :)

all the best irl m8

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
cant say i liked you much in-game but that means nothing to me anyway as thats all it is, a game.

I wish you luck in life and hope you achieve what you set out to.

Event

Fledgling Freddie
We always had an up and down affair Elton but it will always be carnival night as far as I am concerned.

We are both hypocritical if we are honest but you will always be da boss hog.

GL irl m8 and keep shining bright - I'll join you in the rl celestius.

Life without daoc is worth living and worth living well :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
We had our times of friendship and times of annoyed at each other but like u said this is just a game and yea u and me and all daoc chars will be forgetten very quick after we leave but maybe we will remeber Matinex the person who realised rl is more important and daoc is just an illusion to help pass time away.Gl irl and maybe 1 day ill see past daocs illusion aswell ;)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
You probably was a nice guy, i got some conflicts with you and your way to try get to the top. Sometimes acting like a total retard to everyone that was a slight hinder for your next goal.
Done some good for hib tho, annoyed alot of people. Got loved by the closest friends.

horlely

Fledgling Freddie
good luck in rl m8y.
was nice to meet you in daoc.
you can be proud what you done here in hibernia.
enjoy of your rl again :) :cheers:

horlely

Ziva

Fluffy
I'm glad to see you finally deceided to quit and deceided to spend your time on more precious things such as real life :) I hope you will find hapiness and enjoy your time cause you are right in saying that you can only spend your time once. Thanks for the laughs and fun we had, won't forget those or you. We'll stay in touch.

Big hug from me :fluffle:

Zvixx

Fledgling Freddie
bye bye mr. no time to wait for water breathing potion :)

hope you enjoyed the past sure looks like you had a good time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom