lotm problem? (quicklogin)

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
i have 2 toa clients, 1 dr client, and a lotm client on my hdd's

After i installed lotm, my quicklogins didnt work, so i deleted them all, and now nothing works, the loader isnt remembering the last char i logged on, infact, its still empty from when i deleted the entrys, tho i have logged in several times since.

Any help?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's a bug, I reported it last week to /rightnow.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
and that solved the issue? or it is still at the same status?

Was 'added onto the bug tracker', presumably along with 'top level linings selling for a few silver', still broken 6 months after 1.84 in EU.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Seem to recall someone writing a quicklauncher ages ago, that let you select from a server, account and character list, and fired off Camelot from that ?

Would be quite attractive at the mo. (Somehow my last 10 characters don't include most of those I play most oftem!)

Darzil

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
This is an issue that we are working on and unfortunately I can't give you an ETA on a fix. In the meantime you can manually add characters to your quick login list as a workaround.

To do this first copy your user.dat and rename it so that if you break something when making changes you can set things back by replacing this file.

When you've done that open the user.dat file with any text editing program such as notepad or word. Scroll down to near the bottom for LotM clients or look at the top for Catas/DR clients and there you will see the quick login characters. They will look something like this:

entry9=Requiel, Excalibur, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 1, 1

You need to change the name obviously and the server name if necessary. The other numbers are as follows: The server IP - needs to match the server/cluster that your character is on (list of IPs given later), the 10622 is an internal reference that you don't need to touch, the last two numbers are the realm and the server IDs in that order. Realms are 1 for Albion, 2 for Midgard and 3 for Hibernia. Servers are 1 for Excalibur, 6 for Prydwen, 11 for Camlann and 18 for Glastonbury.

Cluster IPs are as follows:
Dyvet 193.252.123.33
Canterbury 193.252.123.194
Camlann 193.252.123.147

So to change the quicklogin above to my character Requilock on Mid/Glast it would look something like this:

entry9=Requilock, Glastonbury, 193.252.123.194, 10622, 2, 18

Save and close the file and the new character should be in the list.

If you edit this file and your settings are messed up then log out, delete it and restore your backup copy.

I know it's a little fiddly and it's not a substitute for a working quick login but at least if you are consistently playing a few characters you can have those in your quick login list until the issue is fixed.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
a manual fix is better than no fix, i have some toons which no longer appear on quicklogin after LotM - hope to fix 'em as soon i get home.

thnx Requiel

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Was 'added onto the bug tracker', presumably along with 'top level linings selling for a few silver', still broken 6 months after 1.84 in EU.

Darzil

called AR Login, need ms net framework 2.0 to run it, just put the 2 files in daoc dir and launch, very smooth for storing many passwords etc.

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
This is an issue that we are working on and unfortunately I can't give you an ETA on a fix. In the meantime you can manually add characters to your quick login list as a workaround.

To do this first copy your user.dat and rename it so that if you break something when making changes you can set things back by replacing this file.

When you've done that open the user.dat file with any text editing program such as notepad or word. Scroll down to near the bottom for LotM clients or look at the top for Catas/DR clients and there you will see the quick login characters. They will look something like this:

entry9=Requiel, Excalibur, 193.252.123.33, 10622, 1, 1

You need to change the name obviously and the server name if necessary. The other numbers are as follows: The server IP - needs to match the server/cluster that your character is on (list of IPs given later), the 10622 is an internal reference that you don't need to touch, the last two numbers are the realm and the server IDs in that order. Realms are 1 for Albion, 2 for Midgard and 3 for Hibernia. Servers are 1 for Excalibur, 6 for Prydwen, 11 for Camlann and 18 for Glastonbury.

Cluster IPs are as follows:
Dyvet 193.252.123.33
Canterbury 193.252.123.194
Camlann 193.252.123.147

So to change the quicklogin above to my character Requilock on Mid/Glast it would look something like this:

entry9=Requilock, Glastonbury, 193.252.123.194, 10622, 2, 18

Save and close the file and the new character should be in the list.

If you edit this file and your settings are messed up then log out, delete it and restore your backup copy.

I know it's a little fiddly and it's not a substitute for a working quick login but at least if you are consistently playing a few characters you can have those in your quick login list until the issue is fixed.

This doesn't work for me. There are 10 characters in user.dat but they don't show up in the quick login box.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
can i have the IP and server number for avalon please

Moneo

Fledgling Freddie
There is another Workaround.....the error seems to be that lotm saves the quicklogin chars still in the user.dat in the lotm directory but reads it from the /documents and settings/<windows username>/applicationsdata/electronicarts/darkageofcamelot/ directory.

So i wrote a batch file that copys my user.dat from my lotm dir to the applictiondata directory and the launches lotm...so im up to date always..

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
There is another Workaround.....the error seems to be that lotm saves the quicklogin chars still in the user.dat in the lotm directory but reads it from the /documents and settings/<windows username>/applicationsdata/electronicarts/darkageofcamelot/ directory.

So i wrote a batch file that copys my user.dat from my lotm dir to the applictiondata directory and the launches lotm...so im up to date always..
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Jaina

Fledgling Freddie

it looks like you found the bug that GOA is trying to find since lotm release. you should apply as a coder there! :worthy:

Moneo

Fledgling Freddie
It´s kind of sad that Mythic & GoA don´t see such mistakes before a release...how can this be betatested?...and this probably won´t be fixed until the next patch in 2 month because who cares that you need even more time now to load the game even you have do deal with the new EA logo crap.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
My quick login works after i copied my Lotm folder to another drive before i formatted , when id put windows back on the quicklogin was working when running lotm from my d drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom