WAR ingame video

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like you dont need to keep an active target ... more like in DAoC, you target and and then you dont need to think about keep the "crosshair" on the target

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
...hmmm, i was dissapointed, didn't really look that great at all...

if you see wow ingame, every part of the world is great designed...
Same as most of classic daoc..

though SI isn't (too many land for nothing) had the same impression here

Gamah

Banned
It keeps reminding me of WoW, I know i'll get flamed for that but sorry ;/ Although the world and graphics better they are still not very distinctive from WoW's sorry fanbois. I know, I know thats the style of warhammer but many people will see this like WoW. I am sure it will be a fantastic game and play differently from WoW but none of us know that but visually I could have been seeing a new wow zone.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
It keeps reminding me of WoW, I know i'll get flamed for that but sorry ;/ Although the world and graphics better they are still not very distinctive from WoW's sorry fanbois. I know, I know thats the style of warhammer but many people will see this like WoW. I am sure it will be a fantastic game and play differently from WoW but none of us know that but visually I could have been seeing a new wow zone.

...yes:(

Tilda

Its like daoc in that you click something and thats that, you have it targetted, same as wow.

However, its different from daoc in that far more care has gone into designing the area, lots of very cool stuff :D
The gfx looks far better in the flesh as it were compared to on the video.

Tilda

Imagine wow gfx, but done with the sharp crispness of toa/si/catas etc and slightly better.
Its like that, the sharpness and gfx quality of daoc, the gfx style of warhammer, which sadly was copied by wow.
It lacks (in a good way) wows cartoony feel when you play it, as the gfx are that much less cartoony in some ways, so it feels more gritty and "realistic" :D However, its hard to bring that across in screenies that are only showing big poi's (points of interest) like the wall etc. When you're just running around the game world its quite clearly not wow. Its warhammer :D

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
Imagine wow gfx, but done with the sharp crispness of toa/si/catas etc and slightly better.
Its like that, the sharpness and gfx quality of daoc, the gfx style of warhammer, which sadly was copied by wow.
It lacks (in a good way) wows cartoony feel when you play it, as the gfx are that much less cartoony in some ways, so it feels more gritty and "realistic" :D However, its hard to bring that across in screenies that are only showing big poi's (points of interest) like the wall etc. When you're just running around the game world its quite clearly not wow. Its warhammer :D

this maybe sound like a stupid question, but how do you know?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
I've played it :p

Oke, now ur screwed im gonne flame u with questions witch u WILL answer!!! (do it for arthur!)

1. Is it more w0w or daoc?
2. The shiny stuff we see on ss's, is it like guildwars?
3. Hows the pvp?/?
4. hows the pve??? (i know how it works but des it WORK?)
5. hows the moving arround? daoc like or more free? (strafe sidewards goes fast)
6. casting and mellee any good?
7. are the tiers any fun?
8. and the world arround you, is it SI like (good for xp but booorrriiiinnggg and wayyy to empty) or more campacorentin forrest / Camelot hills.
9. Did you use radar?:D

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:
Oke, now ur screwed im gonne flame u with questions witch u WILL answer!!! (do it for arthur!)

3. Hows the pvp?/?
5. hows the moving arround? daoc like or more free? (strafe sidewards goes fast)
8. and the world arround you, is it SI like (good for xp but booorrriiiinnggg and wayyy to empty) or more campacorentin forrest / Camelot hills.
9. Did you use radar?:D
3 letters CDA (or whatever it is) he can't talk about it.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Its called NDA and Tillda isn't under an NDA anyway as he played(if I'm correct) at the WAR roadshow in good old Birmingham.

So I'm sure he can answer those questions as best as he can 'if' he knows the answer.

Eble

Tilda

A mix of both, as i've said before, and other stuff made better. Think of the good things from wow; their quests, bits of their pve. Then think of the good bits of daoc; the rvr system(not, I hasten to add the NF zone, or bits like that). Then add in plenty of warhammer-ness. Take a daoc-ish graphic style, sharp, detailed, nice gfx, and merge that with the warhammer style and you get WAR

What shiny stuff is this? and how do you mean is it like guildwars?

3. Hows the pvp?/?
Pvp was good, I played a goblin shaman and ran around kiting 2 dwarves and nearly killed them both! 1 v 1 was great fun. I played in a kinda capture the flag zone where theres a pillar you interact with (you see it in the video, although the capture timer has been sped up on it) and then your side owns the pillar and has to defend it from the other side. It was great fun.

Define work? It was fun, quests were good, killing mobs were fun, in that sense it worked fine.

More like daoc, I cant remember the stafe system specifically. The camera was more like wow in its movement, although i'm certain there are options to change it around.

Yes, I played an ork and dwarf melee thing, and an goblin caster. The melee was good fun, with cool style animations. Same for caster really cool spell effects, nice spells etc. They were both pretty ballanced imo at mob kill speed.

tiers? like like levels? or what?

Compared to the zones that were open, it was like neither, the zone design was more in the style of wow, with poi's all over the place, they generally felt very well designed and it flowed well from level to level.

9. Did you use radar?
No, just fly mode. :p Landscape is very purty :D

Gamah

Banned
Very nice post Tilda :) thanks for clearing it up, it's hard to see the graphics are crisper on the low quality youtube snippits I have to work from :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
What shiny stuff is this? and how do you mean is it like guildwars?

The armor, background, even the grass has some kind of reflection.. is that also the case in WARHAMMER?

Tilda said:
Define work?
I mean, the fact that you enter a zone and you join the quest on THAT step, is that good or did it work bad?

Tilda said:
tiers? like like levels? or what?
I ment, the leveling system ;)

tilda said:
9. Did you use radar?
No, just fly mode. :p Landscape is very purty :D

...im sure there's something not legal in 'fly mode' :p

(and many thanks for your answers:))

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Looks a bit RPG-lite to me. Don't get me wrong I like RPG-lites but that's not what I was hoping for from Warhammer. Was kinda hoping for DaoC2 in a way as I prefer the combat systems and stuff on that in PvP to any other.

Will keep an eye on this game but looking like Conan or Vanguard has taken the lead for me.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone wanna borrow Beta account? :D (Gotta try out if there is someone generous with account)
I want to test this game out.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ahtlehson said:
Anyone wanna borrow Beta account? :D (Gotta try out if there is someone generous with account)
I want to test this game out.

Closed beta is for a select few, I don't even think they have started that yet tbh.

Players saying they have played the game haven't actually played anything other than the E3 limited demo or similar limited demo version. What they mean is they have seen it and/or used the control a little bit, maybe fought a few things, but not much more.

Wait till autumn 2007 (possibly August-September) and you might get in the open beta if your lucky. DAoC players may get into the open beta at the first tier, but thats still only a rumour.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
Closed beta is for a select few, I don't even think they have started that yet tbh.

Players saying they have played the game haven't actually played anything other than the E3 limited demo or similar limited demo version. What they mean is they have seen it and/or used the control a little bit, maybe fought a few things, but not much more.

Wait till autumn 2007 (possibly August-September) and you might get in the open beta if your lucky. DAoC players may get into the open beta at the first tier, but thats still only a rumour.

So the game scheduled for release in March 2007 isn't actual out till Christmas 2007? Share your information please.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
So the game scheduled for release in March 2007 isn't actual out till Christmas 2007? Share your information please.

hope this helps:
recently updated beta timings

Originally posted 7/14/06

Here are some handy definitions of what the different phases of beta are. I also provide, for the first time, some extremely vague and tentative dates. Some of you have already won betas, and to spare you the whole "having to read" thing, you are listed as "Early Spring 2007." In theory and indeed in schedule, it may be sooner than that - but I am a bitter, cranky, old community weenie who has been through many betas, and I no longer believe in anything I can't grasp in my withered talons.

EDITED, THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9th, 2006. Clarifications, mostly, but one fairly giant change relating to my not totally understanding the implications of us becoming EA Mythic. All of my dates are still listed as they were on 7/14/06.

Alpha: What began in July. I made the grievous error of calling it a very early beta, for which I am terminally sorry. I will regret that until I die. Alpha does not have anyone playing who does not draw a paycheck from Mythic.

Double Secret Beta: That is just beyond alpha, and includes people who draw paychecks from Mythic and selected partners. STARTS: Summer 2006

First Stage of Closed Beta (Beta 1): What we are in now. Sometimes called "Friends and Family," somewhat inaccurately, this is a stage where there is actually a game, but it is not usually very complete or even stable for that matter. People who don't work here are in this stage, but usually fewer than a hundred, and they are nearly all such old, old friends that they are often mistaken for employees. STARTS: Fall 2006

EDITED TO ADD, 11/9/06: Tragically, when I originally wrote this document in mid-July '06, I was still learning the EA ropes. I defined "First Closed" with the old Mythic way, because we were a pretty small company. Now, with thousands of employees around the world, this phase of beta is "EA Employee Only." Double Secret Beta is EA Mythic Studio Only. In this first closed phase, we begin including people outside our studio, but bound by the employee NDA.

Beta 1.7, After Things Stop Going Boom Every Day: This is the stage you'll start seeing community testers. People who have tested for Mythic for years, or have been otherwise recommended to us as quality volunteer testers, are starting to be included. There is usually a restriction on how many people get in at this point, and often perfectly wonderful people are left out. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Early 2007

Beta 2: Still closed and covered under NDA, invitees include prize winners, guilds that win the guild contest, and some members of the print and web media - usually the ones we have relationships with. People who work at GW retail shops are getting in here, and we've got some plans for existing Dark Age of Camelot players to be invited to check out their new sibling. There will be up to a thousand people by the end of Beta 2. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Early Spring 2007

Beta 3: Closed, NDA. This is where Lady Luck will wave her wand. We will be choosing randomly from the giant pool of people who are subscribed to our newsletter. This phase will have thousands of people invited, possibly as many as ten thousand. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Summer 2007

Final Beta: No NDA. Because there is no NDA, people often refer to this as "open beta." But I wanted to be really clear with you guys - we are not planning the kind of open beta where everyone with internet access can download the game and hop in. That's nutty. Right now, we are tentatively considering having everyone who pre-orders the game invited to this phase of beta. This phase will also invite winners from our big media promotions. STARTS: TENTATIVE DATE: Summer 2007

Eble

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I've abandoned Warhammer as my next game BUT the info is great and thank you very much for helping out - Cheers :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:

March 2007 was never a realistic release date, and August-September is not really Christmas now is it ;)

Thanks for posting Eble, I was about to post the same info so saved me a few minutes.

Honest truth, no one really knows when it'll be released. Deadlines like this change all the time, but it'll be out in time for everyone to have gotten bored with Vanguard and to be in direct competition with AoC.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
March 2007 was never a realistic release date, and August-September is not really Christmas now is it ;)

Thanks for posting Eble, I was about to post the same info so saved me a few minutes.

Honest truth, no one really knows when it'll be released. Deadlines like this change all the time, but it'll be out in time for everyone to have gotten bored with Vanguard and to be in direct competition with AoC.

Well, not really on topic but Warhammer's going after the WoW market from the look of it so won't be stealing people from Vanguard I expect.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Well, not really on topic but Warhammer's going after the WoW market from the look of it so won't be stealing people from Vanguard I expect.

There is a large "migrant" population of players who try the newest thing, get bored after a few months, then move onto the next one until they find something they like. It is these players i was referring too.

Tilda

RS|Phil said:
Personally I've abandoned Warhammer as my next game BUT the info is great and thank you very much for helping out - Cheers :)

Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom