PWNED: Broken Laptop on EBay

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
LOL that was funny :D if he had he's bank details cant he just take the money back? :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Good stuff tbh, his english is terrible...

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh the seller had a 50% rating - should have maybe thought about that first.. Still funny tho :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Tbh the seller had a 50% rating - should have maybe thought about that first.. Still funny tho :)

He could have had 1 feedback before = 100% then this transaction resulted in a neg to make a total of 50%, the screen shot is AFTER the auction closed remember.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5030814.stm

If anyone comes on here asking if we saw it - deny everything!!
wow evzy, read the thread a bit before posting those links... this one is thesame as two posts up :/
doubleposting an article in a new thread after the original thread is on an older page is one thing, but posting the same link only 2 posts after it's been posted....:touch:

Mey

Part of the furniture
What has the guy done? I thought the internet was the one place that was still free? At the end of the day (if the story is true) he has done nothing wrong other than publish material which he "owned" the guy that sold him the laptop did not remove the software/files etc.. so surely he could claim that it came with the laptop and thus belongs to him?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
wow evzy, read the thread a bit before posting those links... this one is thesame as two posts up :/
doubleposting an article in a new thread after the original thread is on an older page is one thing, but posting the same link only 2 posts after it's been posted....:touch:

To be fair I did realise that after I posted I should have checked - check the time of my last post - it was v.late and I was sleepy! Did realise afterwards that I doubt no-one had already posted the same thing being as FH is the mecca of web trawlers - but I couldnt be bothered then going back and checking and editing my post - I just went to bed instead :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
evzy said:
To be fair I did realise that after I posted I should have checked - check the time of my last post - it was v.late and I was sleepy! Did realise afterwards that I doubt no-one had already posted the same thing being as FH is the mecca of web trawlers - but I couldnt be bothered then going back and checking and editing my post - I just went to bed instead :)

aww bless him :fluffle:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Did he actually lose any money on his bank account? If not I don't see what the "revenge" was? He's personal life got published on the internet? So what? Ppl have forgotten about it by tuesday :x

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Genius, guy deserved to get his bank scammed or published as well though ;)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

Zebolt said:
Did he actually lose any money on his bank account? If not I don't see what the "revenge" was? He's personal life got published on the internet? So what? Ppl have forgotten about it by tuesday :x

Well when something gets this famous, mentioned in several huge papers, and 2.5 million hits on a web page over a couple of days, then its a big deal even in the future.

The name kinda gets infamous, and me for one wouldnt hire a guy named Amir Tofxxx to any position that requires any kind of trust.

This Amir person, admits to so much of the accusations that there in my mind is no doubt of what went down. At the same time he does what alot of people do here...logon under several accounts and making up lies trying to pose as someone else to make their own rediculous stories more believable and actually think that people get fooled by it.

What was wrong with what the guy that bought the laptop did though ? Well its a great way of getting some sweet revenge and making the Amir guy famous, but in a democratic society we do have to reley on our lawsystem to take care of wrong doers. This kind of vengance where you name and shame people can easily get horribly out of proportion to the crime it self.

Not to mention that its, atleast in sweden, Illegal. In sweden you cant publish information on the internet (or any other public channel) that can lead to identification of a person without that persons written authorization unless you are a journalist (press is handled differently to protect the system from opression). It doesnt matter if you own the material/information or not.

Im not sure how it works in England though!:)

And in this case I cant say that I feel to much for that Amir guy, I just have met to many guys like him and they are just to stupid to get anything unless it seriously affects their life...:/

/Charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom