Some decent screenshots of Warhammer Online

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tesla Monkor said:
(Look at the building interious behind the dwarf. It's obviously designed by the same guy that does all the buildings in DAOC these days. :)

A very boring guy?

Nothing new there, looks like WoW(same worldísh anyway), game mechanics make the decicion.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
its not even in Alpha yet :|

I wouldn't start moaning for at least another 6 months

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
look at Dawn of War, the orcs look very similiar to those of DoW ;)

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
from ready all the beta news and there newspapers it looks extremely revolutionary, looking forward to its release or atleast some more info on it :)

Cylian said:
look at Dawn of War, the orcs look very similiar to those of DoW ;)

if you look at the table top games they all look more or less alike

old.Tohtori said:
A very boring guy?

Nothing new there, looks like WoW(same worldísh anyway), game mechanics make the decicion.

did you look at the screenshots or did you actually care to take a look at the description on how the game is gonna be build up, alpha details of so they got alot to work on still

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ashala said:
did you look at the screenshots or did you actually care to take a look at the description on how the game is gonna be build up, alpha details of so they got alot to work on still

Well, hmm, the threaad is about screenshots...what did i do...look at the bloody screenshots!

I really don't care what developers -say- is gonna happen and how something is -going- to be buily up. All that matters is the gold that hits the stores.

Don't get your panties in a twist just 'cause i said the screens were nothing special.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Tohtori said:
Well, hmm, the threaad is about screenshots...what did i do...look at the bloody screenshots!

I really don't care what developers -say- is gonna happen and how something is -going- to be buily up. All that matters is the gold that hits the stores.

Don't get your panties in a twist just 'cause i said the screens were nothing special.

the screenshot isnt anything special really, but the game is made up by so much more then just alpha screenshots, so no im not twisting my pants here just because i love the tabletop game tho i am a bit nervous about people juding a game in alpha stage when it got so much potential

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ashala said:
the screenshot isnt anything special really, but the game is made up by so much more then just alpha screenshots, so no im not twisting my pants here just because i love the tabletop game tho i am a bit nervous about people juding a game in alpha stage when it got so much potential

Yes. But what i said is a fact.

This thread was about judging the screens.

Developers promise the moon from the sky,but the reality is only in the finished product.

Potential doesn't mean quality.

That all.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
What's really hilarious is that there are fanbois and critics already...

"Oh noes it looks a bit like WoW so the gameplay will be pants!"

:clap:

Mey

Part of the furniture
well i can quite frankly say i am rather disappointed with those screenshots a game (the tabletop) that provided dark and brilliant artwork has been turned into a cartoon...

Warhammer, its not fantasy Cartoons.... it should be dark and scary

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
how many of you remember the first screenies of nearly every game you ever played?

These are not the finished work, these are probably even just pictures made up using the textures and models and nothing even to do with the actual game... i might be wrong, but i would guess that when the game hits the shelves it will look worlds different to what you have there...

Mey

Part of the furniture
I don't care, GW managed to have Dark and scarey looking models and backdrops, (there was one picture which looked abit like the town the hobits go to in Lord of the rings).

Mythic are trying to go for the open auidence, and making it look like wow.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pirkel said:
What's really hilarious is that there are fanbois and critics already...

"Oh noes it looks a bit like WoW so the gameplay will be pants!"

:clap:

Nobody said that though :eek7:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
maybe, but maybe thats the only backdrop they had finished which they were prepared to reveal... dunno - whatever happens, you know as well as i do that they are far removed from what will go live...

Besides, make em look too dark and foreboding and parents groups across the states would start clucking up their weetabix at a game which was about to turn their childrens hearts into pure evil-soup and their brains into elastic band balls... ;)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Its WARHAMMER ffs, its an Adult game, not for 10 year olds!

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:
well i can quite frankly say i am rather disappointed with those screenshots a game (the tabletop) that provided dark and brilliant artwork has been turned into a cartoon...

Warhammer, its not fantasy Cartoons.... it should be dark and scary

Mark Jabocs has comented on the screenshots (you can read the comments in some other thread here on fh) and stated that for one they are from a bright area of the game (goblin populated mountainous area or some such) and are not final (game not even in alpha yet, duh) as regards lightning and shadow etc. He stated explicitly that they are shooting for a darker look/mood than WoW.

EDIT:

5) The graphics are not WoW's at all. Keep in mind that the area that PC Gamer was able to see did not lend itself to the kind of darkness or imagination that other areas will. Running around a mountainous area that has been overrun by Greenskins doesn't lend itself to a lot of diversity. Where the differences will really become apparent are in the character customization and in areas like the Elven lands. Keep in mind that the game changes weekly and after their most recent GW visit, the guys were shocked at how much things changed in only a few weeks.

6) I think you guys are spot on when you see it looks like a cross between 5th and 6th edition and the WFB miniatures. That's the look we are going for. We don't want to be as dark as the 6th edition in all areas, nor do we want to be as light as 5th edition (which is a long that WoW is a lot closer to). We wanted our own look for the game and we think we have nailed it so far. As I promised from the beginning we were going to disappoint some people who wanted us to be ultra-dark and some others who wanted us to be a lot lighter (like 5th). We think we have a great look for the game and if we can do with the Elves what we did with the Orcs, I'll be really, really happy.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Yer I agree, the style is a bit WoW and I don't like that much, but I have to be honest, I don't know much about Warhammer to comment on the mechanics =) It might be a fun game if Mythic learned from their mistakes and make it a really nice game from the start.

This of course implies that I can play an elf =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom