Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahr

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone here liked WOW, just wanna know how daoc players enoyed/hated WOW, daoc is Game Over soon I guess...

Ging

Part of the furniture
yes, this defo belongs in the rvr section.......

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Heh, just because you decide to leave doesn't mean the game is "over".

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
WoW is easy-moding for those under the age of 12 IMO and will never equal DAoC.

dajnamajt

Fledgling Freddie
WoW > disney > ment for kids. :p
WoW cannot be compared to DAOC in any perspective.
WoW takes too much time.
WoW is like diablo2, with some updates.
WoW makes you bored.
DAOC makes you wanna play 24/7. thats kinda annoying sometimes :/

Maybe it's the reason why mythic won the best mmorpg prize for 5 years in a row. :/

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I happened to start WoW last night and I played it about all day ^^

I've been a faithful DAoC player for four years so I'm not planning on quitting it as I still enjoy the rvr part, but it was fun to play something else for a change.

If DAoC dies though, it will have nothing to do with WoW as they're two totally different games.

Night Elf Warrior ftw xD

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
Stop making pointless threads than dont belong in this forum, if u gonna leave daoc pls just leave!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
rure said:
Wow is cool, its a great break from daoc

Exactly, but it won't make you quit DAoC if you really enjoy the rvr part of DAoC :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
whats there to discuss.... daoc (or eny other decent mmo) > wow

i playe eve online allso... ALOT of new player comeing from wow

Helme

Resident Freddy
dajnamajt said:
WoW > disney > ment for kids. :p
WoW cannot be compared to DAOC in any perspective.
WoW takes too much time.
WoW is like diablo2, with some updates.
WoW makes you bored.
DAOC makes you wanna play 24/7. thats kinda annoying sometimes :/

Maybe it's the reason why mythic won the best mmorpg prize for 5 years in a row. :/
WoW > disney > ment for kids. :p - Graphic does not make the games as you should know by now.
WoW cannot be compared to DAOC in any perspective. - Actually it can, and in many places it actually is better then DAoC.
WoW takes too much time. - Heh, after 4 months of ToA'ing my runemaster I can't say that DAoC didn't take time.
WoW is like diablo2, with some updates. - Far from.
WoW makes you bored. - Matter of opinion.
DAOC makes you wanna play 24/7. thats kinda annoying sometimes :/ - So does any MMORPG aslong as you like it.

Having played both for a decent enuff time, I can say that DAoC>WoW in the PvP aspect but in any other aspect WoW>DAoC. But as PvP is what matters in DAoC the other points seems kinda neglected.

Both are great games, just at different areas.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
WoW is actually more fun if you just want to play for an hour or two. Not so much tweaking needed.

The PvP Ranking system is pretty crappy, you won't get all that far unless you go on a hardcore farming spree.
But you can get some decent gear from PvPing, even without reaching the higher ranks. And it's alot more fair than DAoC.

And you can go fishing! :D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Should really consider how camelot looks to a new player.

Log in, no one will help you out initially because any players your level are all guilded.

No groups, solo all the way.

Level to 50 is a horrificly boring grind even after all the changes they have made since release, the pve levelling in camelot is incredibly outdated.

If you can stand that monotony, you hit 50, can you rvr? sure, but you'll get your ass hended to you by everyone you meet and no one will group you unless you are the right spec/template/ML etc.

So now this new player has to find his way onto ML raids, then get artifacts, find crafters, grind out a shit-load of cash to get a template made...then surely he's ready for rvr? Nope, now its time to level your artifacts and grind out another shit-load of time on CL's.

Surely NOW this guy can enjoy rvr on a fair playing field with the other players he will fight?

No pick-up groups anymore, run solo, any pick-up groups your lucky enough to find fall apart after 2-3 runs. Oh, then your going to need a second account and a buffbot to compete with anyone you find solo..

Camelot is extremely unappealing to a new player, WoW by comparison is very easy to pick-and-play, thats why it has several million subscribers and camelot has only a few thousand.

DAoC is far from dead though, unless Mythic call it a day, it will always get a decent amount of players. How many times have we heard this?

WoW comes out "It'll kill DAOC" did it? nope.

Cluster comes "It'll kill DAOC" did it? nope.

Classic servers come out "It'll kill DAOC" did it? nope.

Camelot has something unique to established players, a solid pvp system. What is lacks is the ability to attract huge numbers of new players because the crap that comes before rvr is so fundimentally boring, long-winded and a mind-numbing, pointless grind. New gamers do not want this, which is why so many new players coming to the game ask to be pl'd etc which annoys the old guard because they spent several years getting to where they are now.

Camelot will continue to roll along, but it will never be a hugely popular game unless Mythic decide to revamp the entire outdated crappy grinding they call content and focus on what the game does best, end game!

Phake

Fledgling Freddie
heh .. well for me WoW sucked bigtime .. was in a good guild etc but i just diddnt like it .. anyways .. guess when warhammer online comes ill give that a try .. :p .. though the release of warhammer online will surely not take place in the near future .. so DAoC is the rox untill then :p .. hehe

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
If all you're interested in is PvP, WoW isn't the game for you. That's not to say the PvP is bad (it isn't), but there's a whole lot more in the game than PvP, which means that PvP isn't the focus of the game in terms of balance, playability, etc.

The payback for this is that PvE is actually so much better than DAoC it's silly. The amount of content in the game means that you reach level 60... and the game is only just started. PvE is so much more fun than DAoC - you can solo grind, you can quest, you can do instances, there's much, much more variety in what you can do.

Personally, I can't imagine going back to DAoC - levelling is just so boring, and PvP is all about who has the best items more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom