Darkness Rising Download?

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok... with Darkness Rising coming out, i was in two minds wether or not to wait until the 3rd of Feb for ''Game'' to get it or download it through ''DLgamer''.
I havent got a clue about the ins and outs about PC's etc so im abit worried wether ill be able to know exactly what to do on the 1st Feb!

Anyway in the end i decided to pay for the download from DLgamer and they have just sent me an email saying that on the 1st Feb, i will recieve the key code.

At the top of the page though, it said this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preload the game before the official release

you receive you serial key on the official release date , the 1st February as of now Warning ,If you proceed with the installation,you will not be able to play DAoC anymore until the 1st oF February 2006.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, what does ''proceed with the installation'' mean? Was i supose to get something else like an install link or something and then the key code on Feb 1st?
Or does this installation revert to the link on the ''Play'' box when you open daoc to play the game?

Anyway thanks and i would appreciate any comments you have.

Sorry for being thick :p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
You need to download a file from DL gamer but don't actually install it before the 1st. So you download it to a safe location and then on Wednesday you double-click it to run the installer.
If you've not had the email confirming your order with the link to the download server, then I guess you'd need to contact DL-Gamer directly but if you know your order code and stuff then you can just go to here and get it from them.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
You need to download a file from DL gamer but don't actually install it before the 1st. So you download it to a safe location and then on Wednesday you double-click it to run the installer.
If you've not had the email confirming your order with the link to the download server, then I guess you'd need to contact DL-Gamer directly but if you know your order code and stuff then you can just go to here and get it from them.

Just to add to this (as you do appear confused in your first post)

- Order the game from DLGamer (you've done this)

- You get an email with a link, follow this and run the downloaded application to confirm your order

- You'll get another email with a link, follow this and run the downloaded application, you will then be shown the Darkness Rising files, just tick all the boxes then NEXT and the files will start downloading to your PC. (This takes while as there is basicaly a whole game CD to download over the internet)

- Wait until Feb 1st

- You'll get an email from DLGamer with the CD-KEY

- When GoA have stated the servers are up with DR and things are ok, run the files you downloaded in the step above to install Darkness Rising

- Go to your subs page and activate the DR expansion using the CD-KEY

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom