FAO : Anyone who works for SAP

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Your program is complete and utter shit. Please fix it before I bludgeon you to death with a frozen hamster.

That is all.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
can I just add that I hate Lotus Notes, MS outlook, general things MS, SNA, XCOM, outdated databases that you *have* to use because the company you work for are *****, most stuff that runs on mainframes and programmers who don't listen to real world problems :mad:

but mostly I hate idiot ADS desktop security idiots disallowing me to print from every program except MS word :eek: STOP SENDING ME PDFS I HAVE TO FILL IN AND RETURN BECAUSE I CANT PRINT THEM YOU FLAMING ***** :eek:

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Your program is complete and utter shit. Please fix it before I bludgeon you to death with a frozen hamster.

That is all.

Agree with you Bods.

Dont work FOR SAP, but our main system is (or used to be) SAP before some bright arse decided that they could code some parts of it better.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
SAP would be a dream come true compared to the crap I have to use but there you go...

Chilly

Balls of steel
what is it? and where do I send the dogshit in an envelope?

Embattle

FH is my second home
My dad hates both SAP and Lotus Notes, yet they seem the two most common.

Bodhi

Chilly said:
what is it? and where do I send the dogshit in an envelope?

It's an "integrated accounting package" with a mind of its own which refuses to work properly. Oh yeah and it's German. What more do you need to know?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know about my parents, but I surely do hate Lotus Notes as well.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lotus Notes is the lovechild of anal sex between Wij and Deebs:eek7:

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Bodhi said:
with a mind of its own which refuses to work properly. Oh yeah and it's German. What more do you need to know?

Like your car?

:D

/me runs

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
its not just and accounting package bods - it fucks up your logistics, transportation, warehousing etc as well.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
SAP sucks :)

And Deebs and my love-child does not suck. That would be too sick. :eek:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Bodhi said:

That is all.

It's not got any better in the last 7 years then :)

My first job was supporting a multi million pount sap deployment project, it sucked then and probably does now!

Vae

Resident Freddy
Hmm one of my colleagues major clients recently transferred over to this and he's had a nightmare trying to help get it up and running for them. Glad to see he's not alone.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
We use SAP as well and I fucking hate it with a vengance.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Never met anyone who actually likes the mess that is SAP. Our client uses it, therefore by proxy we have to use it, it's a fucking abortion of a system.

Our sister site transfered it's whole warehousing system to an SAP based one, cue closed for 2 weeks while every IT bod in the company tried to get the bastard working. And shit loads of lost money. Haha.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
SAP is fine if you use it the way it is MEANT to be used.

Most companies fuck about with it, making it fit in with their existing model - which screws everything over

Bodhi

Lazarus said:
SAP is fine if you use it the way it is MEANT to be used.

Most companies fuck about with it, making it fit in with their existing model - which screws everything over

That's the thing tho, SAP claim its a custom designed accounting package, but it really isnt, it just has a few modules you can select then you've to do all the customising yourself - which is where most of the problems come from. If SAP did the customising, I'm sure it would be fine.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
If SAP did the customising, I'm sure it would be fine.

LOL Bods.

Never thought you had that amount of humour in you matey :lol:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Bodhi said:
I'm sure it would be fine.

IT people never say this. It's like wishing an actor 'good luck'.

Embattle

FH is my second home
SAP - Produced by SAPs, Tested by SAPs, Sold by SAPs and Used by SAPs.

Too many SAPs = Super Anal Probe.

PS Waffle ignore me.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
problem with SAP is that it was developed by business users (not IT people) and its a "tad cumbersome"

Bodhi

No, the problem with SAP is it's complete and utter dogshit. Even the colour schemes suck ass.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
do you just use SAP or do you actually configure it Bods?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Lazarus said:
problem with SAP is that it was developed by business users (not IT people) and its a "tad cumbersome"

Ah, spoken like a true IT person. "Our code is perfect, its the fucking users who screw it up man" ;)

Bodhi

Lazarus said:
do you just use SAP or do you actually configure it Bods?

I use it at the council. At the present moment it's thrown a wobbly and decided not to let us credit any schools if we take money out their account by mistake. I say we, but it's normally SAP that's taken the money out for us. We still can't figure out why. Then it decides to get all stroppy and not let me into the transaction I use to do all my work because its claiming the order is already open in another transaction I closed 5 minutes ago. And the colour schemes still suck ass.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
DaGaffer said:
Ah, spoken like a true IT person. "Our code is perfect, its the fucking users who screw it up man" ;)

no - i REALLY mean it was people from the business side that developed the way SAP works with little input from the IT personnel. Truly

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
I use it at the council. At the present moment it's thrown a wobbly and decided not to let us credit any schools if we take money out their account by mistake. I say we, but it's normally SAP that's taken the money out for us. We still can't figure out why. Then it decides to get all stroppy and not let me into the transaction I use to do all my work because its claiming the order is already open in another transaction I closed 5 minutes ago. And the colour schemes still suck ass.

try running the ST22 command to see if the order is locked by someone else.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Ugh, SAP.

Whenever anyone mentions SAP problems at work, I slowly creep away or try to be busy off site.

Where I work, SAP stands for.... Start Adding Patches.

The SAP helpdesk is bigger than the IT helpdesk where I work, though not everyone knows it exists, so they come badger the server admins when they can't print from SAP on their new gizmo printer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom