the Necyomancian Talisman - GOA quest

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, i'm trying 2 days now and can't find a way to level the arti-reward i got for doing the agromon quest.
I get the lvl 1 arti that levels from : train your demonic servant. (it pops when using the arti)
I also got 1 recipe eternal punishment. When i give this to the servant, it says it needs 2 items: an Infernalist's finger (drops from infernalists in DF-duh) and a petrified mushroom (drops in catacombs from several lowbie mobs)
I give 'em those items, he summons a bluecon Infernalist who runs around shouting 'oh why bother me' 'leave me alone' and such and then goes 'boom' dead. 0% xp gained. What could i be missing ?
Oh, my quest journal says : step #0: you must experiment level 1 recipes to gain knowledge in necyomancy. (summon your demon to update this information)
The servant also says something about dogs, tormented, deformed dogs he's scared off.

All advice/clues are appreciated.:worthy:

Yours

Lendamos

Fledgling Freddie
maybe talk to cylevar again
i dont know havent got mushroom or finger yet.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
immediate said:
whats this arti do ? :confused:

Dunno yet, gains new abilities at lvl 10 :clap:

btw. don't phear yet, it's PvE only, whatever it does.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Lendamos said:
maybe talk to cylevar again

Nope, doesn't say anything about the arti, just about the 'heart of agramon'

Spectro

Fledgling Freddie
how to get finger and mushrom mate?
wich mobs to kill and where plz?

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Spectro said:
how to get finger and mushrom mate?
wich mobs to kill and where plz?

use www.mindkayak.com for that, it'll tell u exactely which mobs drops the stuff. The fingers drop from any kind infernalist in DF.

I got the arti to 75% towards lvl1 now btw: i think when giving the 2 items to the pet, it randomly (yes or no) pops a dog that u must kill to gain xp.
Well i think it's random, maybe it's something else, but didn't find that out yet.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I gave the items to my demon, infernalist poped, I told my demon to disappear, dog poped, killed the dog, but got no exp :(.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
noblok said:
I gave the items to my demon, infernalist poped, I told my demon to disappear, dog poped, killed the dog, but got no exp :(.

I left the demon right there when the dog popped, it chickened out, but dit get XP (75% for doing that twice, so xp isn't too bad, but dog doesn't always pop, so far 2/10 times for me, so i hope there's a way to make it always pop)

Oh and maybe important: Where did u gave the items? What mobs were in the neighbourhood? Con? I did my succesfull attempts in varulvheim with a green con aggro Werewolf in the radius.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I did it in Underground forest, with only grey con mobs in the neighbourhood.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
new update: farmed for 2 hours for 5 mushrooms and 4 fingers, used 'em and had the dog popped once ffs :(
Arti is now lvl 1 (yey) so no stats yet. (At level 10 is says)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got any further on this quest? I'm still on step 0... exp is 37.5%

I "think" you just get exp when you kill a dog infront of your pet, I got exp when I did it in housing...

I manged to get all six recipes items without much problem, I'm a bit miffed I need more than one of each!

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
St.Anger said:
Dunno yet, gains new abilities at lvl 10 :clap:

btw. don't phear yet, it's PvE only, whatever it does.
Just like ml's wouldn't effect rve either :D

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Xajorkith said:
Anyone got any further on this quest? I'm still on step 0... exp is 37.5%

I gave up. I only have 1 recipe and farmed for hours and hours. I gain xp everytime the dog pops, but that's not too often. 4 times so far, got my arti to lvl 1

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
More information about the necyomancian artefact
A fourth necyomancian recipe is now available and others could appear soon since the talisman is like an artefact and will progress up to level 10. We follow the progress of your researches and know that it can sometimes be difficult for some of you to find some ingredients. Luckily, a necyomancer NPC will appear next week who will be able to help you progress more rapidly. You can thus await his arrival if you are not in too much in a hurry.

Anyone got a clue where to look for the 4th recipe ?

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Is there anybody who has the first 3 recipes and is not doing the quest (or is done with the 2nd and 3th) ? i'd like to buy 'em if possible.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
St.Anger said:
More information about the necyomancian artefact
A fourth necyomancian recipe is now available and others could appear soon since the talisman is like an artefact and will progress up to level 10. We follow the progress of your researches and know that it can sometimes be difficult for some of you to find some ingredients. Luckily, a necyomancer NPC will appear next week who will be able to help you progress more rapidly. You can thus await his arrival if you are not in too much in a hurry.

Anyone got a clue where to look for the 4th recipe ?

Not sure what realm you're in but the Frogs appeared in Vanern Swamp.... haven't a clue where to look for the fairy (Dreamhearnes (sp?))

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
You can't get it anymore, it was a reward for the GOA agromon quest.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Time for an update :)

Found the Stygian recipe (ingredients: blue diamond and an azurite urn; which are even harder to find than the first ones)
The chalk (from DF entrance necyomancer) seems to help, dogs pop. But i don't get xp anymore from the first recipe. So, plz plz if anyone got other recipes and not doing this (pain in the) quest, pass 'em by plz. (i'll even trade a petrified mushroom for it :p - or gold :) )

Thx:D

Kryml

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone found a single azuite urn yet? On the german servers noone seems to have found one until now :(

Remember, you need at least 3 of them to gain a level.

This quest begins to suck extremely.

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, azurite urns ....
www.Mindkayak.com says there's 1 named mob that has 2% chance of dropping it, and some blue con's (inside the setian fortress) that have the same chance. Then some other setian type of mobs have 0.1 to 0.5 % chance of dropping one . . . I don't like maths, but that means : a lot of killing to find 4....

Great quest :twak:

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
Yay, as posted on camelot-europe :

"The Necyomancer Apprentice who appeared last Friday gave to the owners of the artefact a clue towards a fifth recipe. But considering the difficulty to obtain the azurite urns necessary for this recipe, the recipe has just been changed. The urns are replaced by scorpion venom glands and if you already have urns, the Necyomancer Apprentice will trade them to you for 3 scorpion venom glands each."

St.Anger

One of Freddy's beloved
. . . But still . . . those blue diamonds are hard to get . . . so if anyone on mid/pry find one, pm me, i'll pay you double of what a merchant does :) thx.

PS. Find me on Logrus, Stanger, Staingah, Amelio or Damageinc most of the time. Or pm here

Pelam

Fledgling Freddie
How do you get the pertrified mushrooms - all the mobs that drop em are grey to me so I dont get any drops from them.
I will buy some from anyone who has any spare :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom