Relic Raid History - NF -> Cluster

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
With Cluster now in place Excalibur's Relic Raid history ends. Here is the full list of raids.

Start of New Frontiers to Cluster.
The Raids

Code:
01. Thu-18-Nov-04 21:50 CET (M) Ardamel		took (H) Strength 	from  Hibernia (S)	- 
02. Thu-25-Nov-04 03:50 CET (A) Tappi  		took (M) Strength 	from  Midgard (S)	- 
03. Thu-25-Nov-04 03:50 CET (A) Tappi  		took (H) Strength 	from  Midgard (S)	- 
04. Sun-28-Nov-04 23:10 CET (A) Tappi  		took (M) Power		from  Midgard (S)	- 
05. Sat-22-Jan-05 09:15 CET (H) Traxxx		took (H) Strength 	from  Albion 		- 
06. Sat-29-Jan-05 07:40 CET (H) Traxxx		took (M) Power 		from  Albion 		- 
07. Sun-30-Jan-05 22:00 CET (A) Phos  		took (M) Power 		from  Hibernia 		- 
08. Mon-31-Jan-05 21:40 CET (M) Ardamel		took (M) Strength 	from  Albion 		- 
09. Sun-20-Mar-05 22:00 CET (M) Ardamel		took (A) Strength 	from  Albion (S)	- 
10. Mon-11-Apr-05 07:52 CET (A) Nomans		took (A) Strength 	from  Midgard 		- 
11. Sat-07-May-05 07:10 CET (H) ?  		took (M) Power 		from  Albion 		- 
12. Thu-02-Jun-05 05:50 CET (A) ?  		took (M) Power 		from  Hibernia 		- 
13. Tue-02-Aug-05 08:00 CET (A) Trollkaren	took (H) Power 		from  Hibernia (S)	- 
14. Tue-02-Aug-05 08:00 CET (A) Trollkaren	took (H) Strength 	from  Hibernia (S)	- 
15. Wed-03-Aug-05 23:20 CET (M) Meril		took (H) Strength 	from  Albion 		- 
16. Tue-09-Aug-05 08:00 CET (A) Muylaetrix  	took (M) Strength 	from  Midgard (S)	- 
17. Tue-09-Aug-05 08:00 CET (A) Muylaetrix  	took (H) Strength 	from  Midgard 		- 
18. Web-10-Aug-05 10:30 CET (M) Arumos  	took (M) Strength 	from  Albion 		- 
19. Mon-29-Aug-05 03:00 CET (A) Favail  	took (M) Strength 	from  Midgard (S)	- 
20. Sun-11-Sep-05 19:30 CET (H) Gear  		took (M) Strength 	from  Albion 		- 
21. Fri-16-Sep-05 04:10 CET (A) ?  		took (M) Strength 	from  Hibernia 		- 
22. Sun-02-Oct-05 13:00 CET (M) Atkins  	took (M) Strength 	from  Albion 		- 
23. Sun-02-Oct-05 14:30 CET (M) Atkins  	took (M) Power 		from  Albion 		- 
24. Sun-02-Oct-05 15:00 CET (M) Atkins  	took (A) Power 		from  Albion (S)	- 
25. Sun-02-Oct-05 15:00 CET (H) Elfduzter  	took (H) Strength 	from  Albion 		-
26. Sun-02-Oct-05 15:00 CET (H) Elfduzter 	took (A) Strength 	from  Albion (S)	- 
27. Sat-22-Oct-05 08:30 CET (M) Takhysis  	took (H) Power 		from  Albion 		- 
28. Sun-23-Oct-05 07:00 CET (A) Forf  		took (A) Strength 	from  Hibernia 		- 

(S) = Relic was taken from a Shrine not a keep.
Old Frontiers can be found here:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=41085&

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
http://daoc.darkzone.net/server/eu/excalibur/

Peak is when 2/3 or more of a typical days player base is online - 800 -> 1200
Offpeak is when 1/3 -> 2/3 of a typical days player base is online - 400 -> 799
Graveyard is when 1/3 or less of a typical days player base is online - 000 -> 399

Code:
These times are CEST to match above raids, take 1 hour off for BST.
Peak 		17:00 - 00:00
OffPeak 	12:00 - 17:00 & 00:00 - 02:00
Graveyard	02:00 - 12:00

Absolute Peak 		= 21:00
Absolute Anti-Peak	= 06:00

Relic Raid Summary - Times

Peak	Offpeak	Graveyard	Total
Hibernia	1	2	3		6
Midgard		4	3	2		9
Albion		2	0	11		13

Total		7	5	16 		28

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you mean you removed the part where alb spaniards roxxored the relics at some stupid time of the day/night?

just kidding, we all know its a 24 hour game etc zzzz

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:
you mean you removed the part where alb spaniards roxxored the relics at some stupid time of the day/night?

just kidding, we all know its a 24 hour game etc zzzz

things like "Albions haxxor the relics by being like overpopulated zergers and stuff", "Hibernian's leech a relic coz they sux!" and "Midgard heroes manage to get a relic with only 3 people versus both of albion and hibernia's entire RvRing populations".

Not quite ;) but it reads like it :p so, no comments

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
22. Sun-02-Oct-05 13:00 CET (M) Atkins took (M) Strength from Albion -
23. Sun-02-Oct-05 14:30 CET (M) Atkins took (M) Power from Albion -
24. Sun-02-Oct-05 15:00 CET (M) Atkins took (A) Power from Albion (S) -
25. Sun-02-Oct-05 15:00 CET (H) Elfduzter took (H) Strength from Albion -
26. Sun-02-Oct-05 15:00 CET (H) Elfduzter took (A) Strength from Albion (S) -

LOL!!!!!!! must have been a fun day for the albs :eek:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
lol those old biased descriptions were quite funny in their attempt to be 'unbiased'.

Personally i'd like all relics to be removed from the game completely.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
16. Tue-09-Aug-05 08:00 CET (A) Muylaetrix took (M) Strength from Midgard (S) -
17. Tue-09-Aug-05 08:00 CET (A) Muylaetrix took (H) Strength from Midgard -

first one was taken around 4:00-5:00 CET in a BG i had led for about 10-12 hours by that time.

second one was taken about the time mentioned, by us, continuing on our marathon session.

the way your `statistic` portays it is a clear massive allarm clock raid from our side while it was an EXTREMELY overextended keep raid which led to more, due to popular suport.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
nice stuff.

Removed the irritating biased "names" :p

Were my comments as biased as your modding? Didn't the Alb like the comments which mostly slagged off Alb naff raids? Why don't you change the times too, you could make them all Prime Time raids. It’s a shame you just became an Alb / Kagato lap dog and didn't come up with better comments, I suppose you don’t have to think when you just delete, hardly good unbiased modding?

The comment was the “theme behind the whine” and acted as a summary to the FH whine posts, perhaps you should go back and remove all references to “Ardamelized” and “Red Bull” (<-- an Alb coined that phrase) from all the whines posts too?

In a years time someone will say "Who did that superb raid where they posted it a week earlier on FH and still succeeded".... ... or "what was the name of the of that Guild that did two early morning raids just to get the title".... or "what was the reason why albs lost 5 relics in one day"? As Muylaetrix pointed out you turned some Red Bull raids straight into Graveyard raids.... Biased? So you’re saying raid 19 was not done on a Bank Holiday, yah another Red Bull raid you turned into a Graveyard raid.

It's bit like the Germans banning all references to the war, cos they are ashamed.... but the rest of world still remembers ... Yah way to go :(

I'll stick to posting Gratz threads.....

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Could you clarify where the times come from? I thought this was retrievable via the xml but some of those don't seem accurate.

(It was not 3.00am CET on the raid I led cos as far as I remember I was tucked up in bed by then).

Ging

Part of the furniture
So albs have done 2 peek time rr's? excellent news!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
So albs have done 2 peek time rr's? excellent news!

Must be a mistake were they on days when the clocks went back?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Xajorkith said:
Were my comments as biased as your modding?

If the modding is biased I'd have renamed them all to "haha mids suck" or "omfg lamor mids take relics at 8am!"

You've got who took them and what time (though it sounds like the times are somewhat fictional as well...). That's all people need to know for their history.

You posted this as an information resource - or at least I'm assuming you did - so I nuked the flamebait.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Looks like xaj just guessed at a few of the times - if there's any that are wrong point out the raid and I'll change it.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
It's bit like the Germans banning all references to the war, cos they are ashamed.... but the rest of world still remembers

If the Germans would ban all references to the war, they wouldn´t repeat the theme over and over and over again in german schools and they wouldn´t have turned all KZs into memorial sites and they wouldn´t bring movies and documentations about the war on TV basically every day. Apparently your views of other countries IRL are as biassed, on-sided and misinformed as your black-and-white image of DAoC.

PhiCa

Fledgling Freddie
Rofl ... 11 out of 13 relic takes at graveyard status to the albies ^^

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Could you clarify where the times come from? I thought this was retrievable via the xml but some of those don't seem accurate.

(It was not 3.00am CET on the raid I led cos as far as I remember I was tucked up in bed by then).

I searched through every post for the last year looking through the whine threads for each of the raids... This took fecking hours.

If I was not on the raid myself, (defending or attacking) I took the times from those posted in the whine threads (screen shots etc).

NO TIMES ARE FICTIONAL - If I spend time doing this crap, at least give some credit instead of this bullshit (esp. film you big bully) I got it as accurate as I possibly could.

Secondly with the exception of the last month raids I've posted the above perhaps twice and I corrected any times then.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
While I'm on the subject....

The albs did lift most of the relics during the Graveyard Shift.

BUT BUT BUT

the Albs are also the ones that took Relics from the Shrines.... If Albs didn't take the Relics from Shrines... then I suspect we would have had hardly any relic raids at all.

Until the recent Eggy ML rush RR Hib had never even been behind a Relic Milegate!

illu

Part of the furniture
Nice facts and figures.

It just shows that Albs tend to have more players on overnight, whether they are students / unemployed / people from abroad in different time zones, so they get the relics easier then.
Fair enough. It's a 24/7 game. But I still remember many eons ago in Old Frontiers when one of the first relic raids I went on was at one of the Mid Relic Keeps and you could feel the server struggling under the strain of 100+ Albs facing about 100+ Middies. Now those were fun relic raids :>

Oli - Illu

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
I searched through every post for the last year looking through the whine threads for each of the raids... This took fecking hours.

If I was not on the raid myself, (defending or attacking) I took the times from those posted in the whine threads (screen shots etc).

NO TIMES ARE FICTIONAL - If I spend time doing this crap, at least give some credit instead of this bullshit (esp. film you big bully) I got it as accurate as I possibly could.

Secondly with the exception of the last month raids I've posted the above perhaps twice and I corrected any times then.

Was just double checking the info - the effort for going through the whine posts must be huge - but also the whine threads could themselves be inaccurate. I wasn't meaning to imply that you were making times up but rather that some of them seem to be a bit off.

It is really a useful addition to have the info about removal from shrines as that makes clear that raids must've started long before the time shwon as the time of raid.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with the times is, its end times. not when it actually started.

Taking 3 keeps, then going to relic, then getting it back takes time. Compaired to smashing 1 wall and 1 door, grab and leave.

Hence you cant make a peak hour raid on a relicgate, since peak hour too short for it. So either you start at 3pm(and ppl would whine over that, incl. me since I am not on) or you will end late(which seems to be the case of Javai raids.) So it is kinda whiney(not meant to original poster) to call the graveyard raids, since they prolly started well within peakhour.

Else I totally agree, 2fg RR at 5am is crap and sadle we albs have a lot of them. :(

Xajorkith, Good work. :) but I tend to agree with Flim. as a source of Data, whiney comments should be left out. a non biased story on each raid would be nice, but I dont think any in the game would qualify to make them. :p

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
PhiCa said:
Rofl ... 11 out of 13 relic takes at graveyard status to the albies ^^

Remember Xajorkith, as seen above, some poor sods just read the data and eat it all raw. Hence why its important data is accurate. maybe if you remember, you could post starttimes too? that would make it really really good. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Xajorkith said:

Sorry, that was mean of me. You've done well to get times for these all: whine threads are probably exaggerated though so if anyone else has some more time info I'm happy to adjust the times in the post.

I just really didn't like your names for the raids ;) (Though I doubt many people would be able to name the raids without being biased/snide/whatever - certainly not me heh)

Well done in collating all the info though.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see the issue of just posting the dates, realms and (accurate !) times, rather then the FH whiney times which are usually an hour or two ahead or behind through exageration.

Also most Albs involved work in GMT anyway not CET and are an hour behind your times anyway.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Excellent work. Even though I'm Midgar'ing, I understand why the albs don't like the times you posted, because after NF relic raids take a lot longer than in OF, so they might have started as much as 12 hours before they ended - and could be read as both daytime and nighttime raids depending on when it started, when you heard about it, when you joined in for defence, and when it actually ended. If I got this right, the times posted are when they ended?

Anyway I really don't care what the raids are called, a raid is a raid. Even if it was a fun raid (even battle, with skills determining who won), or just a walkover (no actual defence present and overwhelming force victorious) - no matter what time of day/night it was. If someone should care about this, it's because either they're ashamed of it, or proud of it. This game is a lot about feelings and morale, and that have a large impact on all the realms - I'd say it's more than just the relics.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Baldrian said:
Hence you cant make a peak hour raid on a relicgate, since peak hour too short for it.

<cough cough > Raids 1 and 9

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Firstly: Absolutely superb work from Xaj for taking the time, energy and effort to collect all this data (from OF all the way up to cluster).

Secondly: Really like Baldrian's idea of showing a start and stop time for each raid. Realistically, I don't expect this to happen as it'd mean re-trawling all the relic whine threads for end-times :)

Thirdly: If you disagree with the data that Xaj has been able to find on the forums, then post a clear explanation why you disagree with it (even better, provide hard evidence such as a screenshot of the relic being placed, or something similar).

Fourthly:
Flimgoblin said:
I just really didn't like your names for the raids ;) (Though I doubt many people would be able to name the raids without being biased/snide/whatever - certainly not me heh)

For the first time, Fing, I do think that you've commited an "unnecessary modding error" ;). That you disliked his names is 100% fine. But I think it's disrespectful to alter his huge amount of work without first seeking a compromise with Xaj. In my humble opinion, a much better solution is to allow Xaj to keep his "biased" raid titles but add a disclaimer at the start/end of the post saying something like:

"Raid titles come from my inherently biased POV (I'm a Mid) and are loosely based on the content of each FH (whine) thread. They are included to add a little colour to the plain numbers and should be read in the spirit that they were written (ie. impish good humour)"

I think it's only fair that Xaj be rewarded for his work - and the first part of that reward should be treating his effort with the dignity it deserves.

As ever, my intention is not to flame. I just think there's a better modding solution to the perceived problem...

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:
It's bit like the Germans banning all references to the war, cos they are ashamed.... but the rest of world still remembers ... Yah way to go :(

And you should be ashamed of posting this nonsense. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom