Sponsored parachute jump for the people in new orleans

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Hey all

Me, my dad, my uncle and 8-9 other people are going to be doing a sponsered parachute jump, with the money raised going towards the people who have lost everything as a result of the hurricane in new orleans.

This has all come about mainly because my dad works for a company who have thier Hq in america, when he has gone on business trips out there he's come to know a fair few people from the region, as a result he really wanted to do somthing to help them.

The jump will be a tandem jump and will take place at PeterLee Skydiving academy on the 25th of september.

If anyone here would be interested in sponsering me to do this jump, please send me a PM or email to the address in my profile.

Hopefully we can make a difference for a few people out there. :)

Cheers

A few links for anyone who is interested in the jump side of things:
http://members.aol.com/skydiveamy/
http://www.lineofflight.co.uk/

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If you take enough Excal WL owners with you and cut the shutes I'll pay £5 for each one (j/k or is it?).

Seriously, sent you pm over MSN regarding sponsership.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Good luck with that dukat really hope it all goes well, and dont forget to post some pics of your leap on here.

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
as long as you dont pee yourself on the descent otherwise g'luck ducky

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, i don't get this thing with a sponsored parachute jump... Why don't you just send the people the money, why do you have to do a parachute jump? Enlighten me please :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Doh, though it was going to be a joke

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Steffan- said:
Tbh, i don't get this thing with a sponsored parachute jump... Why don't you just send the people the money, why do you have to do a parachute jump? Enlighten me please :)

I believe the idea stems from things like sponsored walks etc, with the meaning being that you do the walk to earn the cash for the cause that you are trying to help.

Having to actually earn the money in the first place for your chosen cause by doing the walk (or in this case the jump) puts a visible kinda tag on it in a way. Its a sort of way for you to show how much you want to help, for example, me saying I'll jump out of an plane if you give money to help the people in new orleans :)

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Nice tought. Altough kinda weird since some ppl pay to jump outta airplanes.
300euro for 2 of my friends I think it cost.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
tbh.. u should do it for the tsunami victims of boxing day last year and not new orleans area. yeah.. controversial but gonna say it anyways yeah.

nothing coulda been done about the tsunami.. they need the help. new orleans was built on a swamp and where basically asking for trouble, and the government response was a disgrace. Us government shoulda had plans in place but if they did.. they didnt work. why the hell should anyone offer money to them.. and even countries like sri lanka who where hit by the tsunami, when they wont even agree to the kyoto agreement, and continue to stick their head in the sand thinking global warming has nothing to do with them?

yes its a very very sad thing that so many peeps lost their lives in the hurricane. but i really do wonder.. are the americans gonna learn summit from this? they cant keep on ignoring climate change and then ask for help.. (bush aint gonna help them)

im not trying to ridicule your attempts to help those that need help.. all im saying is.. there's peeps in more need.. AND your help really shouldnt have been needed in first place. Bush is incompetent.. and its really showing now. america is incomptetent..and thats gonna show in our childrens lifetimes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ilaya, i think people should think about the japane/china victims sine they've had helluva lot more tsunamihurricanaramas in there.

It's all about what YOU care about.

Albeit, i just want to help japan build big hunky gun tooting robots to take over the world... :(

Dukat

Resident Freddy
ilaya said:
tbh.. u should do it for the tsunami victims of boxing day last year and not new orleans area. yeah.. controversial but gonna say it anyways yeah.

nothing coulda been done about the tsunami.. they need the help. new orleans was built on a swamp and where basically asking for trouble, and the government response was a disgrace. Us government shoulda had plans in place but if they did.. they didnt work. why the hell should anyone offer money to them.. and even countries like sri lanka who where hit by the tsunami, when they wont even agree to the kyoto agreement, and continue to stick their head in the sand thinking global warming has nothing to do with them?

yes its a very very sad thing that so many peeps lost their lives in the hurricane. but i really do wonder.. are the americans gonna learn summit from this? they cant keep on ignoring climate change and then ask for help.. (bush aint gonna help them)

im not trying to ridicule your attempts to help those that need help.. all im saying is.. there's peeps in more need.. AND your help really shouldnt have been needed in first place. Bush is incompetent.. and its really showing now. america is incomptetent..and thats gonna show in our childrens lifetimes.

old.Tohtori said:
It's all about what YOU care about.

What tohtori said, I did say in my originaly post that the thing is mainly being orginised for the people in new orleans because my dad worked with people from that area and didnt feel comfortable watching it on the news and not doing anything.

Aye the tsunami victims maybe as deserving if not slightly more so, and by doing this I am most certainly NOT saying that I agree with Bush or his administration in anyway at all. However if the donations from this jump help only a few people who have lost thier homes, it will have been worth it (imo).

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
The US Govt ain't gonna bother to do much since most of the residents in the area are poor and black, and, therefore only really seen as useful to their country to die in wars. Sad but true :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i dont mean to be rude but i totally disagree with that one,

i hate it when you get people playing the race card in something like this. the fact is the people there were told there was a force 5 hurricane coming and they were told to get out and go to the shelters (ok so the hurricaine was worse than expected and the shelters wernt much use but if everyone was all in the same place they'd be easier to get to) or those that could afford it could just leave town and stay in a hotel or with family.

if you've been watching the news the people that are still in new orleans trapped in the danger areas are both black and white, they're the people with no familys to go to, or the people that cant afford a hotel, too sick to leave the house, or they were just plain stubbern and couldnt face the thought of looters raiding their homes.

maybe the majority of the people who were/are still left there were left because they are poor but being poor isnt just a black thing you get white people who are just as poor.

from what i saw the rescue efforts were pretty feeble but then the hurricane was a hell of a lot worse than expected, they get hurricanes and tornados etc very frequantly in america so they do know how to deal with them, theyve just never had one this big before and tbh lets face it the area flooded was gigantic it takes a hell of a lot of planning to make sure you can rescue people and ensure the safety of the rescuers at the same time when you've got a whole city flooded, gas pipes exploading and to top that you got arseholes out with guns taking pot shots at the people who are trying to help, so tbh in the face of all that i think they didnt do a bad job with what they had and yes in hind sight it was poorly planned but they obviously didnt know that the whole city was going to flood and its so easy to criticise when your not envolved or looking back after the event has happened.

So no its not good but it could have been worse and saying that its because theres poor black people there is the reason they didnt move faster is disgraceful and tbh jessy jackson should get out there on a boat or start raising funds and start trying to help rather than sitting there stiring things up and trying to make people who are upset and confused enough turn in to an angry mob its completely irrisponsible, ok throw accusations about after but not during, the last thing they need now is a race riot bubbling up in the middle of one of those crowded homeless shelters.

very sorry to thread jack and i'm not aiming this rant at anyone in FH its just my opionion that in a crisis everyone should pull together not try and gain political one up manship.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
If Jesse Jackson could raise funds he'd be President already....

He does have apoint so do you so let's leave it that....

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Hawkwind said:
If you take enough Excal WL owners with you and cut the shutes I'll pay £5 for each one (j/k or is it?).

Seriously, sent you pm over MSN regarding sponsership.

[url=https://forums.freddyshouse.com/announcement.php?f=18&announcementid=2]Code of Conduct[/url] said:
Posting Stuff

• Don't tell people to "Die irl" or "Fuck off and Die of Aids" or anything like that. We've been doing forums for years and we've never seen anything so childishly nasty as this trend. Don't say things to people on this forum that you wouldn't say to their face, and that's not a challenge to the macho arseholes out their to prove themselves. Sin and be banned probably for good. If you're nasty and unpleasant, you are not wanted.

Important note.

We know how smart a lot of you are. We realise that by defining rules we empower some bright sparks to dance between them, flaunt them by not quite breaching them. Users we think are simply provoking the mods or testing the flexibility of the rules will be banned. Yes, that sounds harsh, but it's the policy. Whether that's a permanent ban or temporary is up to us. Put simply, these rules are still guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any user's access at any time.

Death threats.

Feedback suggests that some users may not consider people saying 'go and die IRL' to be very offensive. However, we (that is the FreddysHouse owners, admins and mods) do find it to be in direct opposition to the gaming community atmosphere we wish to encourage. There is also a history dating back a long way where this trend first started and, frankly, got pretty damned ugly. Therefore any user engaging in this kind of posting will be banned for a minimum of 1 week. When we set this ban, the moderator in question will review the user's posting history. If, in general, they are a user who posts constructively, does not simply flame or spam, and perhaps was 'having a bad day', then it will be a 1 week ban only. If, however, the user has a history of flaming people, spamming, or generally acting irresponsibly then their ban will be a permanent one.

Please note that other death references will be treated in the same manner. If what you say is tantamount to saying 'die' then you will receive the above treatment. For example, saying 'go and lie on the autobahn' is effectively saying 'go die' and will be treated as such. For obvious reasons we cannot think of every possible comment you imaginative wonders will come up with, so get use your common sense and understand that even a borderline situation will be treated the same way.

It's only in the CoC like a couple of times...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
It's only in the CoC like a couple of times...

Oh come on....it's not like it was that bad. It's like saying all people who play CS should get a real bullet encounter.

General hatred with a slight twisty pun to it. Like saying Microsoft is satan.

Though the microsoft thing is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom