Just wondering - has a mixed group ever happened?

illu

Part of the furniture
Hi all. Was just wondering if a "mixed group" has ever happened on Excal. I was thinking with clustering coming along, there might be a case where friends from the 3 realms but different servers could stick together, with the best class from each realm in the group - say for example
Mid Warlock, Healer, Shammy Alb Sorc, Theurg (I have no idea tbh :>) and Hib 2 Tanks or something.
In this day and age of ventrilo (spelling?) I imagine it would be possible, but I suppose the downfall would be that only 2/3rds of the group could kill the enemy that was targetted. Maybe the size of the group would have to be 12 ppl then ^^ :>

I suppose it is against all the CoC and everything. And I suppose this is what is able to happen on the PvP Servers.

I think someone posted what would be the ultimate group set up, but has there ever been a time when 8-12 people/friends from the realms tried it out?

Hmmmm I just noticed a flaw in that you would need a healer for each realm type in the group.

Ah well, just an idea that popped in my head at work :>

Oli - Illu

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
many abilities are for grp and they are a very important factor in rvr nowadays, and yeah its highly illegal :p

in the hibgrp we run now i dont think i would want to change anything, a 2nd demezzer would be great, and maybe change chanter into cabalist but thats pretty much it

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
why dont you and your friends try out camlann where it's not only legal but all are able ho hit the enemy aswell?

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Hi all. Was just wondering if a "mixed group" has ever happened on Excal. I was thinking with clustering coming along, there might be a case where friends from the 3 realms but different servers could stick together, with the best class from each realm in the group - say for example
Mid Warlock, Healer, Shammy Alb Sorc, Theurg (I have no idea tbh :>) and Hib 2 Tanks or something.

There is NO WAY i'd have a warlock in my group!!!

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
this must have been intended to be posted under camlan or what? as thats the only server where you can cross realm grp.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
many abilities are for grp and they are a very important factor in rvr nowadays, and yeah its highly illegal :p

in the hibgrp we run now i dont think i would want to change anything, a 2nd demezzer would be great, and maybe change chanter into cabalist but thats pretty much it

are you mad? if i were you (or me) id change all the classes to mid ones ;D

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
uhm so how would the casters/tanks get healing? :D

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
on camlann u can do exactly what u described in ur post...with groupchat/voicechat/saychat or whatever u want and without danger to hit ur "groupmates"

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Why have a mixed group when you can just roll midgard and go easymode? :D

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I like the sound of: healer healer healer shammy bd bm bm bm tbh

illu

Part of the furniture
Was also just thinking, it would be interesting if you could injure teammates with AoE spells ^^. Bodyguard would obviously not work as the tank protecting you would get injured, would be interesting how tactics would change.

I take it on camlann, once you are in a group you are immune to damage from your group as on normal servers?

Also, what is there in place to stop someone on camlann rolling 2 people in midgard, then going to the frontiers and duelling forever against each other, if it's PvP, isn't that a source of free RP?

Anyway, bored at work and trying to find things to put on the RvR board other than a gratz thread :>

Oli - Illu

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:
Also, what is there in place to stop someone on camlann rolling 2 people in midgard, then going to the frontiers and duelling forever against each other, if it's PvP, isn't that a source of free RP?

Oli - Illu

If this was Camlann 1. Why would they need to roll same realm 2. Why would they need to go to frontiers

You still don;t get rps for /duel afaik and without that you're gonna need a rezzer to do it more than once, plus you don't give rps due to rs the 2nd time plus if you get spotted farming same person over and over in ligs you could be banned.

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
i once debuffed for firestone, but it sucked cause he got all the rps

Kanim

Banned
6 sorcs caba and heretic, every 10 mins your immune to magic and melee with 7 moccing dmg dealers, omg alb is op !

edit- and who needs heals when your moc lt'ing ftw :)

bult

Loyal Freddie
if i could choose from ALL realms i would pick something like this: healer, healer, zerk, zerk, sm, sm, shaman, warrior OMG if only this group would be possible on exc!

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
if i could choose from ALL realms i would pick something like this: healer, healer, zerk, zerk, sm, sm, shaman, warrior OMG if only this group would be possible on exc!

would need 2 very good healers imo.. and yes its possible... isn't it..?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom