Inconvenience or joke?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Theres a thread in the general section to vent your anger

Use me!

Bubble's offering herself to be used and abused by the users of Freddyshouse? :O

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Bubble's offering herself to be used and abused by the users of Freddyshouse? :O
I'm available aswell! :>

aslos

Fledgling Freddie
btw does anyone know where you can find characters realm ranks, since duskwave is messed up?

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
For some reason xml seems to be on the bottom of their 'to do' list x<

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Outlander said:
your bottom is on my to do list :eek6:
Great, I've got 'make some money' on mine. Maybe we can work things out!

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
8 days gone and they are doing a patch on the other servers tomorrow.....?

prydwen is very priority... NOT... me thinks

and yes, its a joke

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
goa fucked up for teh last time imo! :p
you lost most of the people waiting for cluster now and most went U.S. :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
i hope many ppl quit, and that amateur Goa got salary decreased.. so they'll learn something from it.. they are payed to be available when probs occure, not to fool around, and do sh*t.. worst group ever imo, i wish some professionals would take care of prydwen.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
This has happened at a great time for me, packing up house so I couldn't really play anyway. It's great not to have the temptation to pop on for "half a hour" each night. I've actually managed to get loads done. Thank you GOA for fixing things in between wine breaks, whine breaks (reading FH) and having to ask Mr Mythic "Plz fix le server as it seems to be le borked".

I might not have broadband at my new house until middle of the month, keep it up you lovely lovely GOA people! :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Such nice people here.

Answer this for me-

1. Do you have a Job?
2. Is it a 9 to 5 Weekday Job?
3. If a unimportant problem occurs during a weekend, would you travel 15 miles to go into work without pay to sort it out?

Throw them a Bone, i'm sure they are working well towards getting the servers up.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
i hope many ppl quit, and that amateur Goa got salary decreased.. so they'll learn something from it.. they are payed to be available when probs occure, not to fool around, and do sh*t.. worst group ever imo, i wish some professionals would take care of prydwen.

Hahahahahahaha

"We pay them they must fix it whenever it breaks"

I mean, HELLO - It's the weekend? When you say they're "fooling around" what makes you think that? It's their job to fix it and i'm sure they will. Sometimes theese things take time.

I hope you quit.

Dorimor1

Banned
Righthandof said:

From what I've heard - they're trying their hardest, they're keeping us updated, what more do you want? Do you have a life outside of DAoC?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I think a lot of the whingers on FH are either:

1. Kids on holiday (or bunking off :) )
2. Unemployed with nothing better to do (yes I think you should get a job and no I don't mean people who CAN'T work).
3. Students, sponging gits (I'm only jealous though :( )
4. Employed people who had a day or two off and some free time, only to find they can't spend it playing the game on the server they'd like to :)
5. Peeps who can't work for one reason or another ( can't blame them for being annoyed though!)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I work on a IT Support Desk, get this sort of crap thrown at me all day, idiots like Righthandof that think i deserve a Salary reduction because an external company isn't doing a fast enough job and as the middle man i get all the flak for it.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Penguin said:
Hahahahahahaha

"We pay them they must fix it whenever it breaks"

I mean, HELLO - It's the weekend? When you say they're "fooling around" what makes you think that? It's their job to fix it and i'm sure they will. Sometimes theese things take time.

I hope you quit.

In Britain now Saturday is classed as a regular working day ;)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Answer this for me-

1. Do you have a Job?
3. If a unimportant problem occurs during a weekend, would you travel 15 miles to go into work without pay to sort it out?

1] Yes...
2] Yes...
3] Yes :(

Our company 'relies on a spirit of co-operation from it's employees to work out of hours, as deemed necessary by senior management' with no time off in lieu or overtime being paid in critical situations. :wanker:

Last month our trained crew of chimpanzees otherwise known as 'Technical Support' migrated our servers from our old data center to our new one. Our untrained crew of chimpanzees otherwise known as 'Application Support' were doing testing of our front office system and couldn't log in so in a panic they called me (senior front office developer) on my personal mobile to work out why...

Talked them through checking various services on the server, path settings, config files blah blah blah and every applicable test routine we've ever given them and was told all seemed fine.

Some unpleasant smelling stuff hit the rotating blades and I was summoned into work by the IT Director to fix it NOW!!! as it was business critical and he wasn't prepared to have the users out of the system in the morning.

Jump in the car, drive the 16 miles to work @ 11pm Sunday evening, into the office and stroll over to the afore mentioned untrained chimps. Ask them to try to log into the system to demonstrate the problem...

I was out of the door 2 minutes later. They had 'Caps Lock' on. :twak:

Oh and I got a slapped wrist in the morning for having shared a few choice words with them about their intelligence levels... :clap:

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
I think a lot of the whingers on FH are either:

1. Kids on holiday (or bunking off :) )
2. Unemployed with nothing better to do (yes I think you should get a job and no I don't mean people who CAN'T work).
3. Students, sponging gits (I'm only jealous though :( )
4. Employed people who had a day or two off and some free time, only to find they can't spend it playing the game on the server they'd like to :)
5. Peeps who can't work for one reason or another ( can't blame them for being annoyed though!)
I think that just about covers everyone that plays in general lol
And your point was?....

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Sinnica said:
goa fucked up for teh last time imo! :p
you lost most of the people waiting for cluster now and most went U.S. :p
Me being one of them ;(
Bubble said:
Such nice people here.

Answer this for me-

1. Do you have a Job?

Throw them a Bone, i'm sure they are working well towards getting the servers up.
1 Yes.
2 Yes.
3 Why would they not get paid for work in the weekend? If it were their highest priority, and they'd bother with keeping up their 'good name' as a company, they should hire someone to work over the weekend.
And sure, it's partly (or all?) Mythic's fault, but it's not impossible to get someone to work overtime.

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
Talked them through checking various services on the server, path settings, config files blah blah blah and every applicable test routine we've ever given them and was told all seemed fine.

Some unpleasant smelling stuff hit the rotating blades and I was summoned into work by the IT Director to fix it NOW!!! as it was business critical and he wasn't prepared to have the users out of the system in the morning.

Jump in the car, drive the 16 miles to work @ 11pm Sunday evening, into the office and stroll over to the afore mentioned untrained chimps. Ask them to try to log into the system to demonstrate the problem...

I was out of the door 2 minutes later. They had 'Caps Lock' on. :twak:

Oh and I got a slapped wrist in the morning for having shared a few choice words with them about their intelligence levels... :clap:
and i dont blame ya a kid in my class wasted 2 hours of free internet time by not bein able to log on to the school network
he had a space in front of his username ;)

Where TheHellAmI

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Such nice people here.

Answer this for me-

1. Do you have a Job?

we do pay for weekends too dont we?

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
1. Do you have a Job?

1. Yes
2. Well... 8 to 4 CET ( what diff. dose it make what time ppl is working?? )
3. How important a problem is will depend on who have the problem imo. What might be a small problem to me might be a big problem to other..... so if it is a big problem to someone .... ofc i would!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom