More Xbox 2 Specs Leaked?

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
A few days old but interesting..

April 27, 2004 - Chinese website GZeasy revealed an alleged blueprint of Xbox 2, labeled Xenon System Block Diagram, earlier today. The diagram is believed to be the basic concept for the next Xbox, which is either codenamed Xenon or will, in fact, be called Xenon.

IGN doesn't reveal something like this without putting the feelers out first, so I think it is quit obviously spin or a blag. ;) But interesting.

http://www.homelanfed.com/news/redi...ttp://xbox.ign.com/articles/509/509465p1.html

IGN doesn't link to the design itself though :

1083065765dNjmlLSvWR_1_1_l.gif

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Edges article on XNA is very interesting.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
cool, do you have a link m8? :) Also if I am looking at that diagram right?? It has x3 3.5ghz cpu's in line??

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
The only link i have is WHSmith and £4 of your hard earned money :)

XNA is basically how Microsoft want to run the next console race but its mainly a developer side idea. Think of lots of Middleware type 'blocks' that can be bought by developers to cut down on development time and speed up everything so the designers can design games and not work form the ground up building engines etcetc.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
The only link i have is WHSmith and £4 of your hard earned money :)

Gotcha ;)..rofl!

I don't pretend to understand the tech behind it all, but from what you are saying it sounds cool :D The Xbox2 will be a real big step in the evolution of console gaming eh :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
]AC[dRuM said:
Gotcha ;)..rofl!

I don't pretend to understand the tech behind it all, but from what you are saying it sounds cool :D The Xbox2 will be a real big step in the evolution of console gaming eh :)

Or a pathetic attempt to keep up with PS3. Depends which side of the fence you live on I suppose.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
..lol :D

If the PS3 can offer me a built in RJ45 socket, a spacious hard drive, basic web browsing facilities + k/b (so I can access forums) can out perform the XB2 and provide online play for free, then they might have a sale. ;)

Has anyone got any gossip on the PS3 details, spin, blag or otherwise.. (vs the XB2) ?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
]AC[dRuM said:
Has anyone got any gossip on the PS3 details, spin, blag or otherwise.. (vs the XB2) ?

Considering this info on the XB2 is so new, unlikely.

However, specs for the PS3 are available. But lord knows where i last saw PS3 specs.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
]AC[dRuM said:
..lol :D

If the PS3 can offer me a built in RJ45 socket, a spacious hard drive, basic web browsing facilities + k/b (so I can access forums) can out perform the XB2 and provide online play for free, then they might have a sale. ;)

I personally hope PS3 will have none of the above apart from the online play. It's a console, not a PC. My PC does everything else better than Xbox 2 or PS3 will ever hope to. So why would I want a console to do it aswell?

As long as the PS3 has Gran Turismo they have a sale. Bollocks to the rest of the features - leave them for people who's consoles are so poo they don't have any games to play on them. Or Xbox zealots as they are otherwise known.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
It's a console, not a PC

Consoles will supersede PC's within 8 years, a decade from now you will have a console PC-est rig that does the lot. Instant sells and consoles appease the consumers desire for instant action. Granted PC's will always be cutting edge but they will drop off in popularity eventually. As for time scales the above is a guess, except that serious industry studies show that the console gaming market will see the majority of online play vs a PC in 8 years.

As for bo**ocks to features, I find this a strange attitude tbh.. Most things sell because of add ons +the crap thrown in, and the more you can be flexible with your console the better it will be tbh. You sound like a well versed PC gamer, so am I, I know the PC rules in so far as quality FPS performance goes etc and many other things, but times are changing.. The console will be king, its day is coming ;) I can feel it in me bones....lol :D

As far as todays performance goes, the Xbox does outperform the PS2... I am sure that is true.. the PS2 just couldn't cut the cheese where titles like Painkiller and D3 were concerned. Granted not as beautiful as a killer PC rig, but for your 'average' gamer the console suits them down to the ground, average is were the money is at, average audience, instant access... is the future . :D

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
I can't see consoles ever reaching the stage where I can play a game, play music, surf the web, chat on irc and MSN Messenger at the same time while periodically checking my email and screw about with files and links that you come across in an average days internet use. It'd be nice if they did
but even if it falls short in one of the functions that I've come to expect from my PC then I'd still be missing out unless I ran a PC parallel to my console, in which case I might as well ditch the console entirely :)

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
]AC[dRuM said:
Consoles will supersede PC's within 8 years, a decade from now you will have a console PC-est rig that does the lot. Instant sells and consoles appease the consumers desire for instant action. Granted PC's will always be cutting edge but they will drop off in popularity eventually. As for time scales the above is a guess, except that serious industry studies show that the console gaming market will see the majority of online play vs a PC in 8 years.
LoL consoles will never supersede PC's there are many reasons for this
1. a Console playes games thats all it should do imho wether it be online or @ home
2. PC you can upgrade them at will.. consoles are released what every 2 or 3 years ? thats a long time to get teh latest gfx etc.
3.I dont see games like Doom3 and HL2 comming to a console and looking anywhere near as good as they do on teh PC
4. You can multi task on a PC. IE play your favirot music and play games at the same time surf the net etc.. etc..

nath

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
3.I dont see games like Doom3 and HL2 comming to a console and looking anywhere near as good as they do on teh PC
4. You can multi task on a PC. IE play your favirot music and play games at the same time surf the net etc.. etc..

Well, Doom 3 is coming to xbox, and given the hardware they have to get it running on, it looks pretty damned good.

Also, with the xbox you can play your own music at the same time as playing games. The xbox is (as Bodhi is happy to repeatedly point out) just a PC in console clothing after all, things are likely to progress further down that route. I don't see the death of the PC gaming machine for a good long while though.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
I personally hope PS3 will have none of the above apart from the online play. It's a console, not a PC. My PC does everything else better than Xbox 2 or PS3 will ever hope to. So why would I want a console to do it aswell?

As long as the PS3 has Gran Turismo they have a sale. Bollocks to the rest of the features - leave them for people who's consoles are so poo they don't have any games to play on them. Or Xbox zealots as they are otherwise known.

Good old Bodhi :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
2. PC you can upgrade them at will.. consoles are released what every 2 or 3 years ? thats a long time to get teh latest gfx etc.
More like 5 years... Your average consumer doesn;t want to have to buy a new console every year or two - they see them much more like say a TV, you buy one it lasts for 10 years or so, that sort of thing. My TV came with a 5 year warranty, they wouldn't do that on a computer or console. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom