The importance of quickness and dexterity!

Juilie

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, my ickle infiltrator is being taken back into action, and i have leveled gsv, sunbelt, and som for her. Making a decent template that caps everything is a pain, and i am wondering about a few things, which maybe the many(?) bright heads around here might have an answer to.

Im a briton Slash/CS infil thats gonna use 2 weapons with the same speed.

Something need to be sacrificed in this template of mine, and i had gotten word that after a lot of pendragon testing, they found out that dexterity does very little for evade over in the states. I obviously want strenght high for ze damage, and constitution never hurt anybody. I dont need dexterity for damage as im a slashinfil, but are there any reason ive missed to make sure my dex is as high as possible instead of an important resistance for instance? And how about quickness? Please help

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Would go 62 quickness in template, as you probably got 263 quick buffed and 250 being hardcap(?)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
I believe qui effects evade more than dex and the evade component isnt capped. Going from most sb templates, cap qui, get as much dex as possible but dont worry about it.

Not too sure about using 2 weapons the same speed as an inf though :p

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, afaik quick for evade and dex is for block/parry.

So imo capping quick would be best.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Dex shouldn't effect your evade at all or my merc would evade shitloads xE(because it doesn't) so as a slash specced inf you wouldn't need it that high(i got 33 i think in sc), but cap qui since frontiers we could see qui cap removed.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
Dex shouldn't effect your evade at all or my merc would evade shitloads xE(because it doesn't) so as a slash specced inf you wouldn't need it that high(i got 33 i think in sc), but cap qui since frontiers we could see qui cap removed.

Ehm, evade is 50% dexterity 50% quickness. So both are important for evading.

The reason why your merc doesnt evade shit is because a mercenary has Evade 1 and thats not affected by dex/qui. My champion also evades like shit; I think they made Evade 1 a fixed 5% to avoid muchof evades on heavytanks with high dex and qui.

Your reasoning is flawed in a same way high DEX would make my druid block shitloads. It doesnt affect an unspecced shield either. Mastery of Blocking opens DEX as parameter for unspecced-shields tho.

By all means gimp yourselves with low DEX on an infil; but I dont see any reason why. Just get MP-leather and some decent jewelry or copy the template of a thrust-infil.

In the end its your call and if you wanna drop something DEX would be it since it only affects evade. Rest of the stats either affect your hp(CON), your dmg (STR), your melee-speed (QUI) and evade (DEX/QUI)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Ehm, evade is 50% dexterity 50% quickness. So both are important for evading.

The reason why your merc doesnt evade shit is because a mercenary has Evade 1 and thats not affected by dex/qui. My champion also evades like shit; I think they made Evade 1 a fixed 5% to avoid muchof evades on heavytanks with high dex and qui.

Your reasoning is flawed in a same way high DEX would make my druid block shitloads. It doesnt affect an unspecced shield either. Mastery of Blocking opens DEX as parameter for unspecced-shields tho.

By all means gimp yourselves with low DEX on an infil; but I dont see any reason why. Just get MP-leather and some decent jewelry or copy the template of a thrust-infil.

In the end its your call and if you wanna drop something DEX would be it since it only affects evade. Rest of the stats either affect your hp(CON), your dmg (STR), your melee-speed (QUI) and evade (DEX/QUI)

I have even tried with dodger 2, 240 qui and still rarely evaded, dex sure as hell isn't 50% effecting evade xE also this was with 331 dex too...which means i have like evade 4 buffed and it didn't even seem like it.I would of soon noticed by now if dex effected my evade rate.Well juilie could just test anyway, remove base dex see if it stays the same amount.

Juilie

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you all for sound advice, just what i wanted to hear! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom