Go Mythic!

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Why do Adolescent and Giant scorpions not count as scorpions?

Discussion Thread
Response (CM) 04/30/2004 10:47 AM
Gretings,
This is a design decision by Mythic. More powerful artifacts are generally harder to level so in this case they have determined that allowing it to level off common mobs would make the artifact too powerful too quickly.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

*cough* SoM...

Utter bullshit.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Hey you should be happy mate, you got a reply.

How many months ago did you send them that question then? :D

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Typically clueless GOA response. The more of these I see the more I think they just make up the replies after a few beers ;)

To make the Scorpions Tail levelling more amusing:

Giant Scorpions (and Mature Scorpions) in camps dont give xp but various giant scorpions found as wandering mobs in Stygia DO give it xp, and giant scorpions that are found in other zones (treasure island etC) DO give xp.

Waiting till 1.69 seems the only option - Im assuming xp-ing these items from RvR will be stupidly slow but havent tried since patch ;)

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Being a cleric I found it levels the quickest on yellow con desert scorpions. But after doing a quick rvr run, it gained experience faster than soloing with a cleric :p. I only need level 3 on it so I'll just level it in rvr.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Levelling it in RvR could take quite a while.

Somewhere over 50k RPs gave something less than 20% of 1 level (wasnt paying much attention to numbers: so very roughly)

So from 0 to lvl3 your looking at 750k+ - or roughly 2.5mill 0 - lvl10

Almost makes scorpions look good ;)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Theres a spot or orange con Desert scorpions...i ain't saying where though.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
I know fine well where they are and Im sure everyone else reading this does too: theyre hardly hidden ;) Maus have an annoying habit of setting up camp right ontop of the spawn - unless youve got faction with them youll be forced to move away.

But not exactly easy solo with a cleric - xp even duoing them is painfully low. I did 1 level on ring - took FAR too long compared to the time Ive spent levelling other artifacts.

It can wait for 1.69, or at least until Ive everything else levelled.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
actually its not bad as a solo cleric.
theres plenty of places to pull away from the Mau.
i leveled Cyclops shield solo too so im used to painfully slow compared to everyone else.
Still its a damn sight better than the Scorpion pit until they decide to fix the sodding thing.
Plus no roaming purple collosal to ruin the fun.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
YES! :) mines on the way to L3 now.
givf!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
swords said:
i leveled Cyclops shield solo too so im used to painfully slow compared to everyone else
Sticking to a necro in DM worked ok for that. Still slow but not TOO bad. Was willing to put up with slow levelling for shield though, love the way it looks :)

Soloing with cleric was alot easier before patch: the 10% cast speed - and lack of easy 20% melee speed items - hurt alot :(

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
try some other artifacts that only earn xp in rvr and u won't complain at all imo.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Inside Halls of Ma'ati there are some spots whit red/purple cons summoned scorpions, they give exp for ring too, and the pop rate is great ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom