sorc spec?

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Was body specced and changed to mind for toa soon as i have finished lvling my artifacts will be going back to body so much more fun :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
- English - said:

my spec is better ;)

47 body (purple ae dex/quick debuff) then rest mind ;)

none of that namby pamby mezzing crap for me - power to the nuking :D

me and spirit cabby easilly hitting Stubbe for bout 600 a nuke - mmm happy daiz

Saevus

Fledgling Freddie
Well how about your charm then?? If you have 47 body, your mind will be 26. That way you can only charm up to lvl 40 mobs if i'm not mistaken. Isn't it good to have a yellow pet (at 32 mind)?

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
47 body rocks and the wizzies will love ya.

Green con pet does the same as a yellow pet in RvR, stands mezzed looking around at people.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
We had Fedaykin mez for us yesterday, he's 47 body... We only lost 2 FG vs FG fights yesterday in Emain... The only problem the low level mez has is that it gets resisted a bit much at times, you can be unlucky and have 60% of the group your mezzing resist...

The green con pet though does the job a yellow pet does just fine, which isnt standing around mezzed, its interrupting the person you put it on... Doubt you expect your pet to actually kill anything ;)

However, I think a mixed spec ( 40 body / 36 mind, if I'm not mistaken) is probably the most well round spec, good mez/root (not best of either)... But in the end its playstyle...

In either of the specs, you still need to be quick with mez, or your dead as well as your group ;)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I`m 36 mind, rest body and I like it. It´s a good overall template, good for RvR and PvE. You can farm gobos and AC and stuff... not as good as a Cabbie or Necro, but then, those classes are "sub-optimal" for RvR.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I am 44 mind rest body and I don't agree that mezzing isn't fun. I still have acceptable nukes (debuffed usually hit for close on 500) cap is 554. But for me there is nothing quite like the thrill of positioning yourself to get that crucial first mezz in and knowing that if you get it right you can turn the tide of a fight.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, agreed. Though, personally, I'm very fond of my 46 mind 28 body. Sure, you don't get the AE root but you do get PoT5 and 55% mezz duration reduction. And personally, I don't miss my AE root.. it's a bad alternative for mezz (after they purged, that is), and casters can still do their thing. It's only useful when you're moving away from an incomming zerg/FG.

PoT5 comes in handy too, and the 55% mezz reduction is nice too, though, I may respec once I have MoC and Purge. I'll see how the spec plays then..

rezzi rezzzalot

Fledgling Freddie
I have been 44 mind 31 body for over two years and i love having both kinds of cc.
For me too its the thrill of landing the perfect mezz more than getting the kill in. It all comes down to preferences ofcourse but its what i like most :D

Celery

Loyal Freddie
My old spec of 48 Body 24 Mind was great fun in RvR and I'd prolly have a similar spec today if I was playing my Sorc fulltime.

I had to respec him to 40 Body 36 Mind for PvE farming though and tbh it's a pretty solid spec for both RvR and PvE.

I do miss the Mind Flay sometimes though :D

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
44 mind / 31 body

i wouldnt change it ever, the diff between last mez and 2nd last mez is VERY noticable (outright resists on lower mez is shocking), plus i run in a tank based grp so top CC'ing is a priority, as someone said b4 its down to ur style of play and what kind of grp u run in.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Not really an informed opinion, since my Sorc is only level 40 (and I can't remember how she's specced! duh!). Anyway, a quick look at the Character Builder suggests to me that a hybrid spec (39 Mind / 37 Body) would make a good PvE and RvR Sorc, especially for grouping.

Good Points

Solid CC (59s AOE Mezz and 49s AOE Root)
Decent Nukes
Yellow pets at 50
10% Group Mezz-Duration Buff
30% Heat/Cold/Matter Debuffs

Bad Points

Possible problems with resists due to low-spec in both lines
Only PoT4

Would be interested to hear what people think of this spec, actually. Maybe I'll try it out myself if my sorc ever gets to 50!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
If you want a hybrid spec, 36 mind is enough. As soon as you´re going higher in mind, you´d want either 44 or 49 mind.
39 mind just gives you a 10% mez reduction chant in exchange for a weaker aoe root and that´s a bad trade in my books. :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
my opinion, maybe diferent from others though:

TANKS - most people has purge, or det4/5. Which makes the mezz useless on tanks... so why not root them, they will still be in the same position as if you had mezzed... although with some nuking ability as body.

CASTERS - ok, landing a mezz is alot better for casters, but is it worth going for purp mezz (44mind) for this.

Casters are ALWAYS the first to die in battle. Root interupts them, hence, imo same job. AS body you also have a blue backup mezz and purp single mezz, which still saves my butt so many times. Purpe DEx/QUI AOE insta debuff - omg, so rox, 687 dmg cap on lvl 45 spec nuke. where as 500+ on lifetap. 50% fire/cold/matter debuffs, deadly weapon if used corrctly, can vertually hit caps.

ps. Brynn <- 47body 26mind :p (didnt u cop off me? :))

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
I'll throw anything at ya if you guys start running with zerkers instead of savages :twak:

Chilly

Balls of steel
Iv played pretty much every sorc spec u can viably have (44mind rest body 40body36mind) and am currently on 46body28mind. i get yeller ae root yeller ae dex debuff and top lvl nukes and 50% debuffs etc etc, it fuckign owns. Sure i cant get a yellow pet but im not a pve whore so what do i care? a green/grey pet still interrupts (ask a drood) my nukes have insane caps and with a cabby i do cap dmg on most enemies, if i team with a fire wiz or 3 then ANYHTING drops in <2sec from 1500 range.

I enjoyed the full mind spec cos i had yellow pets and could solo well in pve but unless you really think theres much of an appreciable difference between a purp mez and a blue one body>mind crack is irrelivant for rvr imho, power regen is from pots/mcl/rp/pow fonts, even with red crack u dont regen ennuf pwr in a fight to be noticable over blue crack, its not important. The group anti mez chant is THAT great and groups get annoyed if sorcs drop speed cos its useful if the mincer gets taken out, plus its damned handy for legging it, i get a 25% self anti mez buff which is plenty, i come out of purple mez after about 20 secs which is pretty decent i rekon. I just dont think mind sorcs are very good...more to the point, theyr boring as fuck :p

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
44 mind here rest body , I reckon that sorc being main crowd controller , I might as well have main aoe mezz , otherwise if i wanted to do damage i would prob have gone wizzie instead.. but i do hear what people say about body sorc being awesome its just it aint for me on that char - when i wanaa do damage i just thwack em with me stick!

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
There was a time when the accepted sorc spec was 40 body, 36 mind. This let the sorc nuke and mezz. All was well. Then mythic introduced level 44 mezz, pot, and antimezz, and the high (44)-mind sorc was born.

The problem now is that if you want a really decent PBAE group, you have to factor in a bodyguard. Obviously, this means you have to factor something else out. As a result, the former "best" spec has come into favour again, as it grants a 30% cold debuff, and a better dex/qui debuff (most useful to slow down interrupts against your group and screw over enemy casters - fuck what people say about slightly increased frontloading). 40 Body 36 Mind takes all the important aspects of body and mind sorcs, and combines them into one character.

- Yellow Cold Debuff (30%)
- Yellow AE Mezz
- Yellow AE Root
- Yellow PoT
- Yellow AE Dex/Qui Debuff
- Yellow Str/Con Debuff
- 40+Bonus 179-delve Lifetap nuking
- Yellow (best) charm
- 40% Self-Antimezz, 5% Group-Antimezz

The major points that mind sorcs will no doubt raise are the increased durations of their mezzes and anti-mezzes. To which I ask the last time you've seen any of your mezzes or antimezzes have an appreciable effect time-wise, with all the resists, determination, purge etc flying around.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, i was originally planning for 44 mind, 31 body but am having doubts now. I do love the whole CC thing though, espcially when it gets manic, it's as good fun as being a healer. 40 body, 36 mind seems quite useful though as my Wife plays an Ice Wiz which we are levelling together.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm missed edit timer, at what level should i have 32 mind to ensure i always get a yellow pet?

flex

Fledgling Freddie
and mind that with toa resist pierce bonusses u gonne hit cap sooner, so 30% debuff might be enough. I don't know/think u gonne hit cap with it but the difference will be less then pre toa.

that's why i went from 47 body back to 40 body =). And with new ra's this spec gonne be even more viable i think, couse u can raise ur resist lvl for you mez to lvl 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom