When /release in BG i do lag and i go LD

shaark

Loyal Freddie
I play on the Excalibur server and everything is ok on PvE but if i go to BG everytime i /release after 1 sec i do lag and after 1-2min im out, in the meantime i can move, see everything around but i can't sit or spell.
Someone can help me? Im quite new in this game, i play from 3 weeks and i see i lot of problems.If they will go like this i will quite Daoc :((, it doesent make any sens to pay something who dont go well, and i love this game alot !!!

Regardles Dacianus

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
This could be due to wrong pc settings (ie resolution too high or toa tree's/terrain etc) or you need a better internet connection. example - a 56k dial up isn't going to do you much good in daoc, slow packet excange etc.
If im wrong in both cases - sry, but i hope this helps a bit
My bro sometimes get the same problem in real frontiers. He recently put resolution up to 1024x768 but has low processor speed/ram which could cause a problem with ld's and such when releasing

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
There have been quite a few issues like this of late
List your specs and connection type, and im sure the trolls will give you advise

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Had that problem for half a year now, altho only when releasing from frontiers to the DL

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
got another network card? throw it in your pc (well.. don't throw it exactly, but you get the idea) and connect to the network thru that one.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Glad you clarified that, you never know what some ppl are like :p

I once had someone come in to my office and claim that the keyboard we gave him yesterday formatted his hard drive just by plugging it in :x

messias

Fledgling Freddie
Took this from VN boards worked like a charm for me to stop me from going ld after releasing :)

ANYONE WITH A NFORCE MOTHERBOARD THAT USES NVIDIAS ONBOARD ETHERNET WILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM!

To fix this problem go to your device manager, seen here:
http://spanko.shackspace.com/devicemanager.GIF

Right click Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller, choose propterties.

Then change Checksum Offload to DISABLE in the advanced tab seen here:
http://spanko.shackspace.com/checksum.jpg

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
messias said:
ANYONE WITH A NFORCE MOTHERBOARD THAT USES NVIDIAS ONBOARD ETHERNET WILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM!
I have such a motherboard and use onboard networking and don't have that issue...

shaark

Loyal Freddie
Gratz messias :cheers:

Now its fine, seems this was the problem.
Sorry guys i didnt have the time for write but now the problem is done tanks to messias.
My config is this:
AMD64 3000+
512 Corsair Pc3200
MSI Neo Platinum nForce 3 250Gb
1x WD Raptor 10.000rpm 36gb SATA 150
PowerColor 9800 Pro 1280mb 256bit
Creative SB Live 5.1 Digital

Internet conexion: Cablemodem 2mbs/256kbs

PS: i dont now what Checksum Offload does but this is a pain in the ass for BG and for Daoc, i think this it most be Sticky

Bye Bye and seeya on the Excalibur

Gratz

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
I have exactly the same problem on an nforce3 motherboard (asus k8n-e), which was resolved by using another network card. Never had a similar problem using the on-board on my previous nforce2 motherboard (abit nf7-s v2).

shaark

Loyal Freddie
now you can desactivate Checksum Offload and you can play with onboard network adapter :)

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Messias You are a messiah! THANK YOU

I wasted a couple of hours trying to fix this and turns out one stupid option in network adapter fixes this.

I LOVE YOU! :wub: :wub: :wub:

shaark

Loyal Freddie
it most be sticky this problem and everybody who search can find the problem

uktomuk

Fledgling Freddie
Nforce

First of all what does checksum do? would it effect anything else.. and i have 2 ethernet ports one is NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and the other is Marvell Yukon(1gbit) one or somthing.... but they both have the same problem.. :wij:

Well i aint gone link dead so far so thx very much :p :clap: :clap:

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
Test and find out :)..whats the worst that could happen lol.But realy it shouldn't do nothing bad.

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
I have similar problem, I play on hib/pryd & when i /rel to Ligen, after about 10 sec I LD there 99% of the time :( This also happens alot if i Teleport to Ligen & not just release :(

It's annoying becuase with NF theres alot of big batles/zergs etc & my connection/FPS is fine with harldy any lag.. but when i LD because i port/rel to ligen = not good :(

My Spec:

P4 3.2 (HT)
1024 dual ram
fx5600 ultra (never had probs with this card)
Shuttle mobo (shuttle PC)
connection: DSL 512

I Also have network running (3PC's) but this happens even when other PC's are not connected)

I never used to have this prob until NF :( ?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
See if there are updated drivers for your network card.
If not then turn off the option for 'Hardware Checksumming' or 'Checksum Offload' in the properties of your network card

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
uktomuk said:
First of all what does checksum do? would it effect anything else.. and i have 2 ethernet ports one is NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and the other is Marvell Yukon(1gbit) one or somthing.... but they both have the same problem.. :wij:

Well i aint gone link dead so far so thx very much :p :clap: :clap:
When you recieve a tcp/ip packet it has checksums in the headers - simple calculations that let the computer know it's genuine. Normally these calculations will be done by the processor. Hardware checksumming or checksum offload means that the calculations are being done by the network card instead. In theory it's a lot faster, however unless you're running a very fast (gigabit+) network with a lot of data being sent over it (such as a busy webserver or ftp server) you won't notice. Turning it off will in no way cause you problems.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
messias said:
Took this from VN boards worked like a charm for me to stop me from going ld after releasing :)

To fix this problem go to your device manager, seen here:
http://spanko.shackspace.com/devicemanager.GIF

Right click Nvidia Nforce Networking Controller, choose propterties.

Then change Checksum Offload to DISABLE in the advanced tab seen here:
http://spanko.shackspace.com/checksum.jpg

Heya, cheers m8, this helped me loads, have had this problem for fucking ages lol.
Thanks again :D

Owl

Fledgling Freddie
omg messias m8 u saved my life! not only with teh ld's in daoc....i had several other programms that didn't work because of this!

thanks again! been trying to figure this one for about 4 months now... :eek2:

Windam

Fledgling Freddie
I also had this issue when I released from battleground. It also seemed to happen whenever I entered Jordheim (midgard).

I followed Mess' instructions, and the problem seems to have vanished.

Thx alot m8! :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom