Forum Structure.

Shadow_Xj5

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Just wanted to talk about the forum structure, as well quite frankly its not all that good at the moment, yes I know it'll change. It’s for that reason I post, The forum is getting bigger and bigger daily as more and more people sign up. However myself and many others hare having trouble navigating around it (due in part to the fact VB3 Gammer isn't very good yet) When looking at the index I noticed that is was very cluttered and wasn't being utilised very well, in that there are no categories and such like, just 1 category with a load of forums with even more sub forums. And it doesn't look very nice and its even worse to use, so I purpose to you a nicer friendlier layout that'll allow for loads of expansion, It'll make the index a little larger but will but a lot less cluttered and much easier to navigate :)

FreddysHouse
- General Chat
-- Films & DVD
-- Books
-- Music
-- Sports
--- Rugby
--- Football
- Hardware/Software
-- Programming
--- PHP
--- ASP
--- MySQL
-- Mobiles, PDA's, MP3, Gadgets
-- WebDev
-- Operating systems
--- Windows 2003
--- Linux
-- Broadband
- Freddys House Feedback
Action & First Person Shooters
- Quake Series
-- Quake 3 OSP
-- Quake World
-- Another Mod...
- Battlefield 1942
-- Desert Comabt
-- Interstate 82'
-- Another Mod...
- Call of Duty
-- Another Mod...
- Half-Life
-- Counter-Strike
-- Team Fortress Classic
-- Another Mod...
- Jedi Knight Series
-- Another Mod...
- Medal of Honour
-- Another Mod...
- Another Game
-- Another Mod...
Role Playing Games
- Dark Age of Camelot
- Asherons Call 2
- Dragon Empires
- Eve: The Second Genesis
- Final Fantasy XI
- Neverwinter Nights
-- Another Mod...
- Star Wars: Galaxies

Etc...

Something like that :) Hope everyone agrees with me and I hope you change it ! - If not, oh well its just an idea ;) anyways, Merry Chirstmas.

P.S. If you need any help navigating the VB3 Gammer Admin panel or any elements that make it up feel free to PM/Email me, would be glad to help.

Shadow_Xj5

Fledgling Freddie
Figured I would just bump this as Deebs has assigned someone to being a forum mangaer or something :p

Shadow_Xj5

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, Aye I guess not, its all just an example of how it could be expanded if needs be, but personaly the less sub forums the betters, make use of catagories.

Q2.. prffff :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Too many subforums in BF1942.
No Q2 forum?!!
No console forum??!

Shadow_Xj5

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
Too many subforums in BF1942.
No Q2 forum?!!
No console forum??!
Its a example of the layout and the subforums are used for MODS, Q2 isn't a mod last time I checked, its part of the Quake series.

Sub forums for mods would only be needed (and used) if there was enough intrested. DC would obviously get get sub forum but interstate 82 prolly wouldn't.

This isn't a "YOU MUST USE THIS LAYOUT" its an example of structure, how to best utilise VB and its catagrioes/forums/sub forums :)

Please read the first post correctly :(

Clown

Part of the furniture
I KNOW IT'S ONLY AN EXAMPLE.
I'm just showing how this example could be made better.

PLEASE DON'T AT ME IN THAT TONE OF TEXT.

Sar

Part of the furniture
As there are no games servers (bar the FH QW server), I don't think there's much point in having seperate Quake games' forums.

D

Deadmanwalking

Or any point in having sub forums for mods.

Or dif sections for every slight slant on a subject.

Infact.. Get out :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I honestly think its fine as it is. Very easy to navigate, I don't see why anyone thinks its difficult? I agree that if it was bigger and more and more sub-forums were added a different structure or index page would be needed. But for now, live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom