A Sad time indeed.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
For those that Played Albion Excalibur in the early years, there was a saracen paladin called Elneer, and a Highlander Mercenary named Elaen.

He played the game and fought well with Hib and Mid alike.

It is with deep regret that I inform the community that Andy has passed away in his sleep.

Due to Living on his own and No close Family, it was only noticed because he hadnt rang me for our once aweek chat we normally have. So I decided to Visit him and Had to get the police for force entry his flat.

He was recently in hospital to have a rupture hernia sorted. But during the operation he was found to have a Necrotic Bowel and ended up have a small bowel section.

He lived his life his way. As we all should.

He died at age 45

He was a member of Dragon Knights, and after speaking with Gobo, we decided to post it here.

May thanks to all.

ps. of special Note....his favourite adversary was Optikal....

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
Bad to hear it :(
i know how you felt when you had to go in force with police

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
A shame you had to find out the way you did ;/

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Rest in peace Elneer

it was sad news i was told today from Sollac :(

it was hard to believe what i was told - Elneer was dead...

it wasnt more that 1-2 weeks ago i thought about Elneer and i was thinking how he was and maybe if any of the oldtimers would return to game, and then you are told this :/

the last 5 hours i have been using browsing thru over 100 cd's and dvd's to find my old daoc pictures to bring back good memories :)

and i want to share some of them with you, cause you cant wish you a better guildie than Elneer !

A good friend ingame in daoc, always helpful when you needed help, and imo thats what daoc is all about making Friends and be helpful to eachother and if there was anything Elneer then it would be those 2 things !

ill try to post some pictures that maybe can make you remember him, its around 3-4 years since he played last and like Sollac said, he loved Rvr.

i didnt know about Optikal being Elneer's favorite opponent, but 1 thing i can remember about Optikal - Optikal was hard to catch ! - so i can imagine he must have been swearing when Optikal have been running away when Elneer nearly had him

#!"#!"¤ Skalds

-----

this picture im posting below is the first picture i have with Elneer/Elaen - hes still in Royal Guard Academy at that time and were levelling together at Gobo's there with me on my Sorc (Teleri)

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot120.jpg

-----

the next picture shows a run in OF Emain where most of Albs still didnt have a lvl 50 Character, Elneer's Paladin was still lvl 43 at that time (hes first character) - you can see Elneer just below the hill with a BIG troll hitting him.

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot148.jpg

-----

this picture shows 1 of the 1'st dragon raids in Albion, Golenstandt is nearly dead and it was 1 of those events where you would feel like a realm cause you really had to work together to bring down the Dragon (no SI, no TOA - it was much harder at that time) - Golenstandt just flew off i think when it was at 0 % - im pretty sure we killed it at that time

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot153.jpg

-----

this picture is a guild picture of Dragon Knights, you can see Elneer at the end of the picture.

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot196.jpg

-----

another picture if where were having fun, there was a way where you could get your arms out from the body with your weapons out (cant remember how it was done today) - was just a little fun picture i found i thought i would share with the rest of you :)

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot334.jpg

-----

the last one im gonna show is 1 where Elneer says - "All the monsters gone to bed it seems"

Elneer i hope you 'sleep' well where you are now, and im sure there is no monsters where you are - im 100 % sure there is angels there :)

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot172.jpg

-----

Goodbye my friend !

and my deepest condolences to Family and hes Friends

Gamah

Banned
Always sad to hear about a member of our little community passing away.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Sad to hear that.

Are you guys planning a memorial celebration?

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Sad to hear that.

Are you guys planning a memorial celebration?

THanks tyo Gob for all the pics, was gonna post some, but think gobo did an excellent job so wont add.

I knew Elneer Irl for over 15 years so its nice to see some remember him as I do.

A celebration: yes we must.

but not a stand around in a circle one.....I am open for ideas, a big raid, a prime time MRE, I will even with help of fellow friends set up a guild for the night called Elneers Last Wish and we can all fight under his name, for his rememberance.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
My deepest condolences to his friends and family, terrible to see an old timer go like that.

off topic, the thing about making your arms stand out at sides was done by going into combat mode then removing your shield or weapon from its slot. It wouldn't show on your own screen but everyone else saw you with arms out stretched. (something to do with how they build the character models in the first place).

echekiel

Fledgling Freddie
i feel really sad to hear this bad news
My deepest condolences to his familly and friends even if i didnt knew him irl its allways sad to hear the death of some1 :(

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
same way I found my dad dead in couch... my deepest condolences >.<

Martok

Part of the furniture
All the best in the sky above enjoy the enternal sunshine.

mmmpie

Fledgling Freddie
This is terrible news :( :(

Ive had the honour of playing with Elneer in DK,for some years. And even if its a few years he played last,i rememeber Elneer,as it where yesterday,becoz he was the best teamplayer/guildie u can imagine playing with,as Gobo said so well,always there when u needed him!

If i remember right...(this Llyn Barfog picnic) http://home20.inet.tele.dk/gobo/sshot172.jpg this piccie was taken a sunday night around 22:00/23:00+ 3-4 years ago,and it was rare we could go to Llyn barfog as a clean GG with the balanzed t00ns we needed,but that night we had it all,loads of tanks,2 clerics,and a theurgist,but only 1 pally online(Elneer) who normally said nn around 23:00,but he stayed up a few extra hours,just to offer us the endurance we couldnt live without,so we could enjoy the picnic as a guild!/says abit about him

He gave DK alot,by being the way he was,a good friend ingame!:worthy:
And the memorys we got,will never be forgotten,neither will u Elneer!

Rest in peace mate,and thx for the time we had together!

My deepest condolences to you Sollac for being a rl friend of his,and ofc to the family around him!

meandean

Fledgling Freddie
A big loss for Daoc

It is sad that some1 leaves like that whether it's a family memeber to a friend or also some1 that u also don''t know.
All i can say my condolunce to family and friends.
And i know that all good people die young and he will have his soul rested..
Bye-BYe m8 ... :(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
very sad :( - even sadder that he died alone. I think that it is probably indicative of the damage that can be done by the game when the only person who brings help is an in game friend

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Very sad to hear this, its always a shock to see when someone that young in
his life passes away. No words can be placed to cover the tears and the saddness.

Condolences to family, friends.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
My sympathies lie, as always, with the friends and family at this time...

RIP

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
RIP ... very kind words pie gobo and sollac, as a l8 joiner to DK i neva did meet elneer but from what has been said by these 3 amazin people he sounds like someone i wud of liked to meet nd i have missed the chance :( RIP once again nd im kinda speechless now :( sorri .

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I slightly recall him being in the Alt guild of my former guild - The Royal Guard. Back then he was a top bloke and im really sorry to hear he passed.

Deepest condolences, may you rest in peace Elneer!

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
very sad :( - even sadder that he died alone. I think that it is probably indicative of the damage that can be done by the game when the only person who brings help is an in game friend

That was also the thing that struck me as the saddest part.

I didnt know him but dieing alone with noone to take notice has to be one of the saddest fates to befall anyone. I know people might attack me for being a carebear but I sent a little prayer to all the gods i could think of asking for them to make his afterlife filled with life and laughter.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Very very sad :< sadest part is that u found him with the force of police while entering in his apartment..... cant imagine the feelings of that moment :<

condolences for friends and family R.I.P Elneer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom