Blown away

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Sarum said:
There is an expansion planned with PvP (and other stuff).

And it'll ruin the game. CoH is so much not balanced for PvP, either the PvP addon will totally suck - or they'll have to totally rebalance every class, and everyones existing character will totally suck. Either way, adding PvP to what is a very fun game will make it a very sucky one. And will generate SOOO many whiney twats in /broadcast that I'll probably end up quitting when they put it in.

It's not forced pvp, so stay out of it then.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:

That's not the point. The point is, with the introduction of PvP, you'll also get the introduction of the whiners shouting "Class X killed me! Nerf, ffs!" - and so, the nerf bat shall be brought out the cupboard, and shall start swinging.

... Which will ruin the game. Completely. Just like with daoc :(

pez

Can't get enough of FH
theres already a stlong whine for Mind controllers to get some love

and we need some love!!!!!

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Bolting on PVP as an afterthought rarely works. So it's back to daoc for max r0x0ring for me.

Oh and thx for the compliment Danya /blush

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
nick said:
Oh and thx for the compliment Danya /blush
What compliment? Truth be told I didn't even look at your profile, I just assumed it was fake. :p

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Maybe im being silly but wouldnt it be a good idea to actually wait and see the pvp expansion before saying u will quit?:p
Look at it this way cryptic have done everything esle well so why not give them the benefit of the doubt and think hmm maybe they will do pvp well.
The fact city of villians and pvp was already being worked on before game released indicates its more than just a bolt on and maybe it has took this long because they wanted to do ir right:)

Belsameth

Tainted
you're on FH, Danya. keep your target audience firmly in mind when making bad jokes...:p

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
What compliment? Truth be told I didn't even look at your profile, I just assumed it was fake. :p

Teh lies!! They hurts my ears! :(

pez

Can't get enough of FH
this forum hasn't had a lock yet and i hope it dosen't for quite some time to come

Sarum

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
I can't stay out of the expansion though. Yes I don't have to take part in PvP. But some people will want to, and therefore they will have to balance the game for it. Whether I personally take part in PvP or not is irrelevant.

If they nerf my char because it's considered overpowered for PvP (fire blasters have the highest total damage output of any class in the game due to the fact almost all my powers are AE DDs with DoT effects) to the point that I can no longer enjoy the PvE game I bought, then I'll quit. And that was my point - either they'll break PvE in trying to make PvP work, or PvP will suck. Either way they would really be better off not trying. Loads of people love this game as it stands, and by trying to please even more people by bolting on PvP, they run a very serious risk (imo) of ending up pleasing nobody.

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
wonder when the first SuperHeroBuffBot will be on when PVP launches :puke:

Belsameth

Tainted
there's no permanent buffs, like in DAoC, so I guess never. except maybe a pbae healer like tw0g saw...but that would be useless in pvp

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah anything you have to drag around with you tends to become more of a liability than anything - even in PvE it will likely be a liability except for powerlevelling people massively below your level.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
/agree with Bels

You can't really have a boof-bot in CoH as it now.
And nor will it ever be as I suspect.

If this changes feel free to :flame: me.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Is this game out in the UK yet ? i wanted to get it for ages but didnt realise there was no PVP ;-(, which to me is whole point of lvling to be able to compete etc....

Kinzana

Fledgling Freddie
well bottom line = each game got its own thing .. if u think u going to like it play it or else stay away .. CoH fun game if u like it same as everything right ? :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom