Anyone found a uk supplier with a correct date for cats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or do the UK retailers seem hell bent on not releasing the game during March at any cost?

Can't find any UK online retailer with a March release date, and as it's looking doubtfull that Game will even stock it I don't seem to even have the option of walking into a shop to buy it.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
[17-03-2005] Pre order "Catacombs" right now !
You can now find in the "Buy" section of the official site all the information about the "Catacombs" expansion, its price, its contents and the links to pre-order it. [...]

Hmmmm, now either there is something wrong with my PC settings, or the "Buy" section link of the official site doesn't work.

C'mon GOA, people are laughing at you now. I know there are some of you trying your best to get answers/make fixes but if you're not having any success, then I really think it's time to feed it on up the food chain and let those above you know there's a problem.

We've been assured that the Erope (and UK) release date is definitely Thurday 24th (or 25th). Until the links are fixed can you tell us one or two companies who we will definitely be able to get the expansion from on (or close to) that day? Only you know who you are supplying to via your distributors, and while you may be passing the info on to the retailers, they aren't passing it on back down to us...

... so miss out the middle men and tell us yourself.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Lamont said:
Hmmmm, now either there is something wrong with my PC settings, or the "Buy" section link of the official site doesn't work.

C'mon GOA, people are laughing at you now. I know there are some of you trying your best to get answers/make fixes but if you're not having any success, then I really think it's time to feed it on up the food chain and let those above you know there's a problem.

We've been assured that the Erope (and UK) release date is definitely Thurday 24th (or 25th). Until the links are fixed can you tell us one or two companies who we will definitely be able to get the expansion from on (or close to) that day? Only you know who you are supplying to via your distributors, and while you may be passing the info on to the retailers, they aren't passing it on back down to us...

... so miss out the middle men and tell us yourself.

The buy link works fine for me using both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Check that you have Flash 7 installed (available free from Macromedia) or make sure that you aren't seeing a cached page (delete temporary internet files to clear it).

For the record I have been in pretty much constant contact with the Marketing dept for the last couple of weeks, finding out what the cause of the problems is and what's being done to resolve it. I'm sure they're sick of seeing my face by now. Nobody here is unaware of the situation.

This is the state of play at present. The official UK launch date is the 25th March. Due to pressure from a certain very large high-street retailer, the expansion is going to be listed by all merchants as being available from 1st April. However, we are sending out stock to UK retailers at the same time as it is beng sent to Continental stores. If you order from Play.com, CDon, Webhallen or any of the other major merchants they will be shipping it as soon as they have stock available. Game however will not have stock until April 1st. None of this will affect players in countries other than the UK, you will find it in stores and websites as normal.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
groo, can't remember where I bought SI from :( (or was it TOA?) I remember phoning some fellow up who posted on BW and he emailed me the CD keys and posted the boxes later.

if anyone can remember who it is gimme a PM ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Well, I just took the plunge and ordered 2 copies of Cats from play.com; going to be really pissed if they don't arrive in time.

IainC

On a slightly different note, I got given my copy of Catacombs today.

Oh My God!

It's probably the best quality and most beautifully produced game box I've ever seen. No nasty thin cardboard box or generic DVD case, it really has to be seen to be believed. Everything about it screams quality from the outside in. I won't say any more but look out for a massive surprise when you pick yours up.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
On a slightly different note, I got given my copy of Catacombs today.

Oh My God!

It's probably the best quality and most beautifully produced game box I've ever seen. No nasty thin cardboard box or generic DVD case, it really has to be seen to be believed. Everything about it screams quality from the outside in. I won't say any more but look out for a massive surprise when you pick yours up.

When being the appropriate word :p

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered my several days ago from play.com and was about to cancel. However I have faith in Requiel in that he has no reason to tell us any misleading information and we should have the game dispatched when they receive it ie Saturday for UK.

Gamah

Banned
Svartmetall said:

lol? you think this is a joke? the box is beautiful..I want to take it to bed and make sweet love to its fine cardboard cover...I want to caress the manuel with a loving kiss and lick its crevases and corners with my tounge all night long. I want to touch the cd's with my sweat soaked body as I romp naked with the textures and colours of this stunning box.

IainC

Ok Gamah and Aoln have just made my /ignore list. There's far too much info in both those posts for me...

A

Aoln

Gamah said:
lol? you think this is a joke? the box is beautiful..I want to take it to bed and make sweet love to its fine cardboard cover...I want to caress the manuel with a loving kiss and lick its crevases and corners with my tounge all night long. I want to touch the cd's with my sweat soaked body as I romp naked with the textures and colours of this stunning box.
lol xD

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, also ordered mine from Play.com.

Many thanks Requiel... THAT'S the info we were all after I think.

As for GAME stores... :twak: well, I'll be buggered if they ever see another penny from me. As soon as a company decide to prejudice against their OWN customer base in order to, well in order to do whatever their wacky-baccy execs think they want to do (I'm not sure I know, but I bet maximising profits is up there somewhere) then that company don't deserve to even HAVE a customer base.

I'd be interested to hear a response from the customer support department of Game on their policy in this matter, especially after the dogs abuse so many of us got when attempting to buy our copies of ToA last year.

Wasn't there an employee of Game who posted on one of these threads? Could you maybe get us some kind of official response?

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie

I'm thinking someone has been reading the copies of D.H.Lawrence's works he keeps under his mattress at home. I hope to god you haven't done the 'puppy' quest Gamah.. I think I wouldn't trust you round about anything with a pulse that actually 'panted' at you. :wij:

Gamah

Banned
Lamont said:
I'm thinking someone has been reading the copies of D.H.Lawrence's works he keeps under his mattress at home. I hope to god you haven't done the 'puppy' quest Gamah.. I think I wouldn't trust you round about anything with a pulse that actually 'panted' at you. :wij:

Books are for morons...I read The Sun for my Educational needs.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Ahhh, a TRUE Brit!

Bring back the days of Linda Lusardi I say... the finest seat of ... teeth I ever did see.. WHAT a smile! :worthy:

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Books are for morons...I read The Sun for my Educational needs.
that explains a lot :p

did i just read its not gonna be in GAME till april 1st?
god..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well all the "buy" button does is say "coming soon" ...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
just phoned play.com, they say the release date is definatly 1/4, he said this is what they were told by goa, he wouldnt believe me that its actually next friday but said to check back next week :( really isnt looking good atm

IainC

Raven said:
well all the "buy" button does is say "coming soon" ...
Ok I press the 'buy' button and it takes me to a page showing large pictures of Catacombs and the complete pack. Click on either of the pictures and it takes you to another page showing what's in the box and links to CDon, Play and Webhallen.

Not sure where you're seeing the 'coming soon' message.

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Ok I press the 'buy' button and it takes me to a page showing large pictures of Catacombs and the complete pack. Click on either of the pictures and it takes you to another page showing what's in the box and links to CDon, Play and Webhallen.

Not sure where you're seeing the 'coming soon' message.

but you link to a site that has the incorrect release date :( ... please can you give a UK site that has a correct release date i dont care if its even from your uncle jo`s garage tbh. thanks

btw he proberly needs to delete his temp files as it isnt loading from the web but local machine, therefore seeing the old site.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Berthold said:
but you link to a site that has the incorrect release date :( ... please can you give a UK site that has a correct release date i dont care if its even from your uncle jo`s garage tbh. thanks

btw he proberly needs to delete his temp files as it isnt loading from the web but local machine, therefore seeing the old site.

"working as intended" mate, Goa are not known for there QA. Look at there webserver having the incorrect date/time group(2001) , and now linking to a site with an incorrect release date.

Its a good job they dont make houses for a living...................

:m00:

IainC

scorge said:
"working as intended" mate, Goa are not known for there QA. Look at there webserver having the incorrect date/time group(2001) , and now linking to a site with an incorrect release date.

Its a good job they dont make houses for a living...................

:m00:
Or you could read the rest of the thread and especially the post where I explain why Play.com has the incorrect date listed.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Or you could read the rest of the thread and especially the post where I explain why Play.com has the incorrect date listed.

yes but a few of us have emailed play .. and they are telling us this is the correct date :E anyway I dont care.. iv order it .. ill get it when it arives :=) :cheers:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
UndyingAngel said:
yes but a few of us have emailed play .. and they are telling us this is the correct date :E anyway I dont care.. iv order it .. ill get it when it arives :=) :cheers:

they should still say the same date as is on the website (for the aforementioned reasons) but send it out when they get stock.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
ok I pre-orederd 1 copy from play.com but intend to go round shops Thurs 24th and try and persuade someone to sell me it (not GAME it seems!). If that fails, I'll try on Friday too.

Do the posties work on the friday/monday? they don't do they?

So Sat 26th if REALLY lucky or Tues 29th a good bet for when it'll be received from play.com for me I reckon. More likely will be later tho.

Next time (if there is a next time!): How about not releasing on a bank holiday and how about globally on Friday, to keep *all* happy?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Well late Tuesday afternoon - play.com haven't shipped orders so no chance it will arrive now before Tuesday next week taking holidays into account...anyone got any bright ideas on other sources since I'd really like to be able to play this over the holiday weekend

matrix

Fledgling Freddie
Just got off the phone to play.com and they said they are still awaiting delivery," please try again tomorrow." :eek2:

so the wait continues................................................................

Outlander

Part of the furniture
If I dont get my copy like right now I will just..explode! ..or something to that exaggerated effect :touch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom